HobbyZone Sport Cub S

More
14 Feb 2015 23:12 #28685 by timmyd463229
Replied by timmyd463229 on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
OK cool man. You normally fly quads right? How do you like the sport cub s?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2015 23:25 #28686 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
No, I normally fly small (200 and smaller) 'copters. I also prefer scale. Multirotors are fun, but there's no such thing as a scale multirotor.

I've only had two chances to actually fly the Sport Cub S - it's storm season here, so it's either really cold and nasty, or really windy most of the time. I enjoyed that, but I'm still forming an opinion.

FWIW, the reason for getting this is to learn to fly fixed wing well enough to fly something like the new UMX B-17.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
14 Feb 2015 23:53 #28688 by timmyd463229
O OK man. I just want to try planes and be able to fly planes with the guys I met. But everyone says it's an enjoyable even when you have experience. I only fly multirotors but will try anything.

More
14 Feb 2015 23:56 #28689 by mwm
You can't fly your multirotors with them? I know at my local club (which, honestly, I don't go to very often) they have guys flying fixed wing and multirotors pretty regularly. Didn't see any heli pilots, which is one of the reason I don't go very often.

More
15 Feb 2015 00:13 #28690 by timmyd463229
Yeah I do. But the one guy flys planes and the other guy is gonna buy a beginner plane so I want to try one to but I'll still fly multirotors

More
06 Oct 2015 20:42 - 06 Oct 2015 20:45 #38485 by ursus69
Replied by ursus69 on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
Hi!
First, ...sorry for the noob question...

I have the SportCubS, and I want to fly with my Devo7E.. I wanna try the MWM .ini, but my devo only have 2 fmod positions..
My noob question is... How do I have to configure the 3 flight modes to SW B (I have done the 2switch mod), and the Fmode as Panic button??

Anyone can help?
Thanks!!
Last edit: 06 Oct 2015 20:45 by ursus69.

More
07 Oct 2015 00:49 #38495 by mwm
Hit enter to get to the main menu, the up/down to the model menu and enter again, then into the mixer editor. Now use up/down to select the right-hand column and hit enter to edit that mix.

Each mix has a number of pages. You'll want to check all the pages on each mix. You're looking for the "Switch" setting. Up/down to get to it, then left/right to change it to the switch you want to use. The flight mode channel is either 5 or 6 (if the other is active, it's Panic) and will have three mixers in it. After you've set all the switches on a mix, use up/down to get back to save, and enter to save the new settings.

More
07 Oct 2015 16:44 #38533 by ursus69
Replied by ursus69 on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
Thanks a lot MWM!!
After a while testing, it seems it worked well!

Thanks again!
Regards

More
18 Aug 2016 03:24 #52859 by thearne3
Replied by thearne3 on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
Hi,

I have a Devo 6s and a motor glider (Conscendo S) with Safe and Panic modes similar to the Sport Cub S. I believe it also has a similar Rx: AR636A. I have Panic on Gear, 100/70 on DR and the 3 Safe levels on FMODE - pretty much what came out of this thread!

The plane really floats and I'd like a way to control lift and speed (flaperons and spoilerons), i.e. add or subtract about 20 degrees to the AIL settings. I gather that this requires an extra channel (one for each AIL?). I want to use my remaining 3way switch Mix for Flap/neutral/Spoil.

I know Deviation can do it - can it work with the AR636A?

Thanks!

More
18 Aug 2016 04:02 #52860 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
I don't know a thing about these, but a bit of a search elsewhere indicates that flaperons/spoilerons etc need to be programmed into the receiver (how?), the receiver needs to be programmed to mix a sepate "flaps" channel with the "ailerons" channel.
So looks like you need at least one spare channel purely to provide the "flaps" values, and to program the the reciever so it can take this value and mix it with the ailerons after it's done all it's internal processing (corrections). If you have enough channels, and can figure out the rx side of things, it should be pretty straight-forward in deviation to set up a new channel with three fixed values attached to your Mix switch. And once you get that going, because it's a channel where nothing else is happening you should be able to just add a delay mix to give it a smooth transition from one state to another.
Spektrum AR636 flap mixing question

More
22 Aug 2016 03:38 #52995 by thearne3
This ini is working well with my Conscendo SAFE plane. Another person using this plane and a DX9 says that it's nice to add a 60% Ail/Rud mix to the Beginner and intermediate levels. This gives greater authority for turning in windy conditions while still getting a lot of help from the STAB functions.

How would this be done with Deviation?

More
22 Aug 2016 09:21 #52999 by mwm
What you say here doesn't provide quite enough information to say how to do it. Possibly someone familiar with the spektrum firmware would know the details.

But the general idea is simple. Add a mixer to either the ail or rud output channel. The source is the other stick (so AIL if you're on the rudder channel and RUD on the aileron channel), set the scale to 60 and the mux type to add. That's all. What's not clear is whether he's mixing rudder into the aileron or aileron into the rudder, so I don't know which channel to modify.

More
22 Aug 2016 11:50 #53003 by thearne3
AIL is the control and it's action affects the RUD. Here is the description from the DX9 Manual:
"Aileron to Rudder
The Aileron to Rudder mix is commonly used for coordinated turns. When active, as aileron is applied the rudder moves in
the same direction as the turn (right aileron input results in right rudder output). If you assign the flight mode to a switch, a Sub Switch option allows you to assign an additional switch to activate up to 3 Aileron to Rudder mixes for that flight mode."

Note that this MIX is only for FMODE0 and FMODE1 (Beginner and Intermediate), so can't just go to the either channel and make COMPLEX, 1-to1, 60, ADD. :)

Thanks for your help mwm!

More
23 Aug 2016 15:58 #53041 by mwm
To deal with only using it for FMODE0 and FMODE1, set the Switch to !FMODE2 (assuming your Tx has an FMODE switch). That will disable it if FMODE is 2.

More
29 Aug 2016 02:06 #53227 by thearne3
Thanks! Works just fine.

More
13 Nov 2016 04:29 #55886 by N4JC
Replied by N4JC on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
mwm, thanks for posting this model.

More
17 May 2017 02:26 #62376 by Goldenrock
Replied by Goldenrock on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
Flew this plane with deviated devo 12 and the file, configuration is flawless besides throttle range. If I max it out the value drops to -100 and TH engages, requiring me to pull all the way back and add throttle again.

I tried a few things in the mixer and it didn't seem to change anything. Basically if I throttle past 80% it cuts out.

More
22 Jun 2017 08:57 #63089 by kaligola
Replied by kaligola on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S

Goldenrock wrote: Flew this plane with deviated devo 12 and the file, configuration is flawless besides throttle range. If I max it out the value drops to -100 and TH engages, requiring me to pull all the way back and add throttle again.

I tried a few things in the mixer and it didn't seem to change anything. Basically if I throttle past 80% it cuts out.

im going to buy one used of this plane and have devo 10 , im thinking if possible way to not get this error is to calibrate esc again ?

More
26 Jun 2017 14:23 #63157 by Goldenrock
Replied by Goldenrock on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
I fixed the problem by removing the "sticky" feature of the throttle hold. I don't recall the exact steps, but pretty sure I just changed that switch to simple and now I can fly at max throttle.

It is a lot of fun to fly, I don't have the panic button set-up, just flip to beginner mode and it's basically the same as panic.

More
02 Jul 2017 20:14 - 02 Jul 2017 20:14 #63251 by kaligola
Replied by kaligola on topic HobbyZone Sport Cub S
i got plane in hand it is sport cub and has safe board on was working on dx9 but i cannot get throttle go, it a brushed motor and do not see motor or esc cable to safe board, aileron and rudder they go but cannot get throttle working, im going mad...
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jul 2017 20:14 by kaligola.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds