Wanted-airplane with "slow" flap deployment

More
31 Mar 2015 16:57 #30558 by Jasenk
I realized I may have made a request in the wrong area. Here it is: www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...nt-using-delay#30533

Anything that may help me understand the delay feature and how to get my flaps to deploy slowly.

Thank you and sorry for the extra post in potentially the wrong place.

-Jasen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2015 18:48 - 31 Mar 2015 20:00 #30566 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Wanted-airplane with "slow" flap deployment
for your channel 6 you propably use complex mixer and 3 pages, 1 for every switch setting. Make it 4 pages in the last page you set:
Mux = delay
Curve = fixed
scale = 0 to 100 (1 second is 20)
Switch = None
Source = None

This works for me

Good luck
Tom
Last edit: 31 Mar 2015 20:00 by TomPeer.

More
31 Mar 2015 19:50 #30570 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic Wanted-airplane with "slow" flap deployment
Hi,
on my Devo10, in the Mixer you have 2 bubbles in a row, the left is the channel, right is the mixer type. Click the left bubble, and scroll to the bottom, you can find the "speed" setting :)
Enjoy :)
bm

More
01 Apr 2015 00:48 - 01 Apr 2015 01:40 #30592 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic Wanted-airplane with "slow" flap deployment

billmester wrote: Hi,
on my Devo10, in the Mixer you have 2 bubbles in a row, the left is the channel, right is the mixer type. Click the left bubble, and scroll to the bottom, you can find the "speed" setting :)
Enjoy :)
bm

Nice, I didn't know about this until now. How do I miss these things? Maybe info overload. It worked for my flap speed great. The next step was to get the Elevator mix to work in "slow" unison. So after many failed attempts and trials this is what I had to do.

1- Remove the original mix on Elevator for MIX1 and MIX2 that added a bit of Elevator if flaps where in "Take Off" mode and a bit more elevator if the flaps were in "Land" mode.

2- Create a new virtual channel (virt2 in my case) to emulate the same mixing as before, but slower. There are 4 pages. Page 1 for Mix(0), Page 2 for MIX1, page 3 for MIX2 and page 4 for Delay.

3- Add a page to Elevator for Virt2

Here are the settings for these channels (DEVO 10)

Elevator <Complex>
Mixers <3>

Page<1>
Switch<ELE DR0>
Mux<Replace>
Scr<ELE>
Curve<Expo 30> 'set as desired
Scale<100>

Page<2>
Switch<ELE DR1>
Mux<Replace>
Scr<ELE>
Curve<Expo 30> 'set as desired
Scale<50>

Page<3> 'This allows slow rate on MIX(),MIX1 and MIX2 only
Switch<None>
Mux<add>
Scr<Virt2>
Curve<1-to-1>
Scale<100>

Ch6 'Flaps Channel
Scale-<75> 'Full Down, Adjust to desired "Land" setting
Scale+<100> 'Full Up

Ch6 <Complex>
Mixers <3>

Page<1>
Switch<MIX()> 'Full Up, "Flaps Off" Mode
Mux<Replace>
Scr<None>
Curve<Fixed>
Scale<100>

Page<2>
Switch<MIX1> ' "Take Off" Mode
Mux<Replace>
Scr<None>
Curve<Fixed>
Scale<-20> 'Adjust for desired "Take Off"

Page<3>
Switch<MIX2> ' Full Down, "Land" Mode
Mux<replace>
Scr<None>
Curve<Fixed>
Scale<-100>

Virt2 <Complex>
Mixers <4>

Page<1>
Switch<MIX()>
Mux<Replace>
Scr<ELE>
Curve<3 Point>
Value<0> ' for all 3 points
Scale<100>

Page<2>
Switch<MIX1>
Mux<Replace>
Scr<ELE>
Curve<3 point>
Value<-15> 'for all 3 points, set as desired for level flight

Page<3>
Switch<MIX2>
Mux<Replace>
Scr<ELE>
Curve<3 point>
Value<-30> 'for all 3 points, set as desired for level flight

Page<4>
Switch<None>
Mux<delay>
Scr<None>
Curve<Fixed>
Scale<100> 'Due to small elevator correction for flaps I needed 100 to coordinate flaps and elevator speeds.

Not sure how this will all work in practicality. In theory it should be relatively smooth, that is of coarse if I am correcting in the right direction. From what I gather an A10 will nose over when flaps are deploys so I'm giving elevator up. If anyone has a different experience I'd like to know. If all else fails, I will have to land without flaps or make larger Down Elevator correction and possibly switch off duel rate to get max throw.

I've tested in the simulator now onto the actual A10.

Thanks again for all your help on this. I hope this may help someone else trying the same thing. It seems complicated so if anyone has a simpler way I'm open to that as well. I think I might get the whole Virtual Channel thing now.

Here's a video of the flaps and elevator with "slow" deployment:
Attached file is for my Feewing A-10 Model for DEVO 10 - It has Elevator, Rudder + Mixed Nose Gear for smaller turning radius + RT TRIM for separate nose gear trim than Rudder trim, Ailerons, "Slow" Flaps, gear, FMOD0,1&2 for an A3Super flight stabilizer + Aux4 Pot to tune Flight Stabilizer Gain in flight. Aileron, rudder and elevator all with duel rate + expo. I don't have Throttle hold yet. I might set it to Rudd DR1 later. Thanks,[video]

Attached file is for my Feewing A-10 Model for DEVO 10 - It has Elevator, Rudder + Mixed Nose Gear for smaller turning radius + RT TRIM for separate nose gear trim than Rudder trim, Ailerons, "Slow" Flaps, gear, FMOD0,1&2 for an A3Super flight stabilizer + Aux4 Pot to tune Flight Stabilizer Gain in flight. Aileron, rudder and elevator all with duel rate + expo. I don't have Throttle hold yet. I might set it to Rudd DR1 later.

Thanks,

-Jasen
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 01:40 by Jasenk. Reason: Add new Content

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds