FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!

More
21 May 2015 07:29 #32817 by nums
Hy everydoby (fisrt of all, sorry for my english, I'm French and have not a very good writing).

I use Devitaion TX an my DEVO 10 for a few models (master cp, nano qx fpv, phoenix rc...) and it's work perfectly!!!! Thanks for that.

Yesterday i found a now soft ( fpv-freerider.itch.io/fpv-freerider ) that i would like to test with my Devo... I can't succeed to find the goods channels to make it work with it.

My computeur seems to accept my devo with protocol "usbhid" but i don't find how to calibrate it and affect the goods channel for fly normaly.

Could someone help me??? This soft seems to be very good for people who wants to try FPV racing!!!!

Thanks for your answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2015 08:04 - 21 May 2015 08:05 #32818 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
It seems that simulator accept range from 0 to 100, not -100 to 100. You can try setup linear curves from 0 to 100% and calibrate simulator with ALL sticks centered.

Setup for Taranis
drive.google.com/file/d/0BwSDHIR7yDwSOGhPMTFyWEpDVWM/view?pli=1
Last edit: 21 May 2015 08:05 by vlad_vy.

More
21 May 2015 08:21 #32820 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Setting an expo curve with 3 points at 0, 50 and 100 for all channels works fine.

More
21 May 2015 08:27 #32821 by nums
Replied by nums on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Thanks for your answers.

I will try tonight at home and tell you the end.

It's true that I don't thnik to look at the taramis setup. I thinks it will help me.

More
26 May 2015 22:27 - 26 May 2015 22:28 #33038 by blohkw
Replied by blohkw on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Hi I got it working with .ini a friend spent hours tweaking, thought I d save you the trouble :)
I have no idea how he managed that
Once in the simulator you need to calibrate, after a few tries you should be ok, remember to put the thr at mid not 0

Have fun, this little soft is way worth 5$ ;)

I use a devo 7E with latest nightbuild so it should work all right with a 10
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 May 2015 22:28 by blohkw.

More
12 Jul 2015 17:00 #35374 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Hey guys, was gonna make a new thread but search actually worked!

I've got my 7E setup, I followed the Taranis instruction (almost exact but devo doesnt have a Weight setting, everything else the same tho).The problem is my THR and AIL channels will not center, the channel monitor confirms the issue is in the Devo, I can adjust them with trim but then I loose some range and it still doesnt fly right. They are reading steady at 42, because of the reduced resolution (0-100 instead of -100 - 100) 42 is a good deal off center. Yes I do the stick calibration with the devo channel monitor pulled up and the other sticks PERCEFT at 50.

I tried the posted .ini and got the exact same results as with my own file (and again that's ELE and RUD working correct, THR and AIL showing center at 42). What on earth is going on!?! Again I can adjust it out with trim so it's somewhat usable but I still have to apply constant left stick when I'm "flying", even with the trim, and it's just not realistic because of it. Note RC Desk Pilot works PERFECT but I really want a multirotor sim!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
21 Jul 2015 03:24 - 21 Jul 2015 03:26 #35717 by brew99
Replied by brew99 on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Are you using the Windows or OS X version? I was able to set-up my 7e without any fancy offsets (OS X seems to accept the -100 to 100 range). Tried the posted .ini at first and it was a total fail, so I assumed it was for a Windows version.

Only issue I have now is at first start, there is a throttle applied even when the 7e stick is at -100, but as soon as you raise the throttle it seems to catch on and behaves correctly.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2015 03:26 by brew99.

More
22 Jul 2015 01:20 #35772 by BasicJim
Replied by BasicJim on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!

Cereal_Killer wrote: Hey guys, was gonna make a new thread but search actually worked!

I've got my 7E setup, I followed the Taranis instruction (almost exact but devo doesnt have a Weight setting, everything else the same tho).The problem is my THR and AIL channels will not center, the channel monitor confirms the issue is in the Devo, I can adjust them with trim but then I loose some range and it still doesnt fly right. They are reading steady at 42, because of the reduced resolution (0-100 instead of -100 - 100) 42 is a good deal off center. Yes I do the stick calibration with the devo channel monitor pulled up and the other sticks PERCEFT at 50.

I tried the posted .ini and got the exact same results as with my own file (and again that's ELE and RUD working correct, THR and AIL showing center at 42). What on earth is going on!?! Again I can adjust it out with trim so it's somewhat usable but I still have to apply constant left stick when I'm "flying", even with the trim, and it's just not realistic because of it. Note RC Desk Pilot works PERFECT but I really want a multirotor sim!

I am having the same issue. Did you find a resolution?

More
19 Aug 2015 13:14 #37033 by Moffmo
Replied by Moffmo on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Hi I have a DEVO 10 and would like to use it with this software. What cable are you guys using?

More
21 Aug 2015 00:03 #37088 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
It works fine for me with -100/100 on a devo12S with the Linux version... but it can be a little quirky. I find with my USB adapter, I need to have the throttle stick centred when I plug it in. If I don't, throttle is at ~50% with the stick bottomed out.

More
22 Aug 2015 21:57 #37149 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Worked okay for me if I just skipped calibration.

More
17 Oct 2015 02:07 #38947 by micro
Replied by micro on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Does anyone have an 8s model file they would share please?

Got it working on the 7e with model file posted above but the usb lead coming out of the side is totally ridiculous and impossible to hold as a normal tx. 8s doesn't seem to work with this model file or even give me inputs i can try and tinker with.

More
28 Oct 2015 13:20 - 28 Oct 2015 13:21 #39298 by anansi22
Replied by anansi22 on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Really annoying that people assume that you all know what to do :angry: . If folks knew what to do you wouldn't be here searching and posting. It doesn't help when you post that your radio works fine - say what you did to make it work. It may just help someone!

Nothing special is needed to use a devo TX with FPV Freerider. In the absence of proper instructions here how to get it setup.

Deviation includes the USBHID protocol which allows the radio to communicate with a PC/MAC over the USB cable. To use a Deviation equipped TX you simply configure/create a new model to and set the protocol to USBHID. So the next question is where is the protocol setting.. Where you bind the TX to a receiver in Model setup. On the left where you select DSM/FRSKY/DEVO etc.. scroll through and you will see USBHID.

Don't use someone else's model.ini file - that didn't work for me. If they jack-up the settings you will spend a long time fixing it - roll your own.
It took me 2 minutes with a new model to get up and running. With the ini file posted the craft spun out of control and I ended up wasting about half hour trying to fix it. No special setting or trim is required. Just calibrate in freerider an enjoy.

QED
Last edit: 28 Oct 2015 13:21 by anansi22. Reason: added model setup clarification

More
11 Nov 2015 14:22 #39936 by NIcolas31417
Replied by NIcolas31417 on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
I use a cheap chinese dongle suitable for aerofly, phoenixrc and fpvfreerider.
8$ on BGand a standard model.ini. but protocol must be set on ppm.

seems to be working too with USBHID without dongle.

More
23 Nov 2015 21:58 #40324 by ethernode
Replied by ethernode on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Hello,

Not sure if it is related to a game update, but the model.ini provided here didn't work for me anymore (but it did in the past); however, a simple, normal USBHID model does work perfectly now.

It looks like the game accepts negative values now.

More
18 Dec 2015 12:17 #41016 by barrymossel
Replied by barrymossel on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
Freerider recognises my USBHID Devo 7e. But after calibrating input is totally off. Movement goes out of control and jumps from point to point.

Any idea?

More
08 Jan 2016 22:34 #41523 by WildDoktor
Replied by WildDoktor on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!

Arakon wrote: Setting an expo curve with 3 points at 0, 50 and 100 for all channels works fine.

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm almost brand new to the Devo 7E, but this post and about 10 minutes poking around in the menus has made it possible for me to connect the 7E to FPV Freerider, configure it, and FLY!!!

Err...well...CRASH!!! :-)

(I did actually make it thru all the gates in the demo version just now for the very first time, in FPV view, but *very* slowly. I'll get better now that I can practice whenever I want!!)

More
09 Jan 2016 21:19 #41571 by WildDoktor
What aircraft are included in the paid PC version? Any hexacopters?

More
13 Jan 2016 18:10 #41721 by WildDoktor

WildDoktor wrote: What aircraft are included in the paid PC version? Any hexacopters?

Got a reply back from the dev: "The paid windows version have five maps (desert, island, meadow, playground, carpark), and the ability to adjust setting for rates and physics. There is only one visual appearance for the quadcopter model."

So now I know. :-)

More
16 Jan 2016 13:19 #41820 by justyn07
Replied by justyn07 on topic FPV Raccer simulator, please Help !!!
i use the ini file on my devo 10 but did not work.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds