Turnigy micro-x Devo7e config.

More
07 Jun 2015 11:17 #33576 by Allen
Turnigy micro-x Devo7e config. was created by Allen
Hi guys,

I have been searching but can't find a lot of info to configure this model.

Having problems with arming, I have a Frankenstein ini as I'm just Learning.

Does anyone have an in I for this model for devo 7e?.
Or can anyone assist?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2015 07:45 #33622 by Allen
Replied by Allen on topic Turnigy micro-x Devo7e config.
No one?

More
08 Jun 2015 19:45 #33649 by greenfly
Replied by greenfly on topic Turnigy micro-x Devo7e config.
Sometimes I wish they had a beginner's guide to setting up new models. They have some advanced instruction here...

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3948-tutorial-on-writing-a-model-config-file

Did you setup a new model using one of the templates?

More
08 Jun 2015 19:49 #33650 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Turnigy micro-x Devo7e config.
What should a beginners guide cover? The Standard GUI is designed for helicopters, and seems to be inadequate for modern flight control systems. The tutorial you reference starts by describing a basic setup for a 4-channel model, which should get you started for most 'copters except older CP models that still need swash mixing.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Jun 2015 20:32 #33653 by greenfly
I think there needs to be something more directed at newcomers to the RC hobby, especially the crowd that is coming from the toy quadcopter realm. I don't want to take anything away... just highlight what is meaningful to quads and what they can ignore. Swash mixing for instance. Is this important to me if I only fly quads?

Here might be some topics...
  • Basic terms for quadcopters
  • What mixers are and how they work
  • Setting up a new quadcopter
  • How to emulate dual rates of the stock TX
  • How to take advantage of a quads special features

Just a thought...

More
09 Jun 2015 03:33 #33682 by mwm
Well, I fly CP heli's and have never had to do a swash mix. Modern flight controllers do that for you.

The tutorial you linked to already covers all but the first part of your request. The organization is bad for beginners, because it goes over all the parts first, and doesn't get to what a mix is until the third page in the Overview of Mixes section.

Sounds like what you want is a "lite" version of that tutorial. Move all the terminology to a glossary in the back, and replace it with the basic quadcopter stuff. Assume they've got a model that uses a known protocol and the channels are in the proper order, so you can drop all the stuff about figuring out the protocol and channels. Instead of using the 200Qx as the subject, use a popular "toy grade" quad. Drop all the stuff about the radio setup, and only use the first part of the example mix, which does simple dual rates. Setting special features - well, the tutorial does that for the 200Qx, and then some. But it's probably not relevant for a beginner tutorial, because it's only special feature is flight modes, which many of the toy quads don't have. And it doesn't have a flip mode, controllable LED's, or a camera - which is what they tend to have. So replace that. Maybe add some 7E screen shots as well. I chose not to use screen shots because they are radically different going from the 7E/10 to the 6/8/12.

Right now, I'm concentrating on trying to get things into a state that PB is willing to do a new release, and can't work on this. If you want to take that tutorial, copy it to your drive account, and slice it up to be what you want - or a start at it - do so with my blessing. I'd recommend using a Hubsan X4/Proto X model.ini file, as they are popular, have lights and a flip mode, and the flip mode is screwy enough that you can show off deviationTx's power by providing a fix for it. But that may be a bit much. My one request would be that you leave in the section on setting up a throttle hold. I refuse to fly anything that doesn't have one regularly for safety reasons.

Otherwise - well, I'll add this to my project list, but that's no guarantee that it'll ever get done. It only took me 18 months or so to finish the existing one after I started it because it kept getting pushed back.

More
09 Jun 2015 03:53 #33684 by greenfly
MWM, don't get me wrong. I am not asking for anything. Just stating an opinion.

You guys are doing a wonderful job with this fantastic project. Truly, thank you.

More
09 Jun 2015 07:26 #33692 by mwm
Is there a difference between stating an opinion that something is missing/needed/wanted and a request for that something? But don't worry about asking for things. Asking for improvements is the second most important part of creating great software. Whether it's bug reports (it won't get fixed if nobody who can fix it knows it's broken), enhancement requests, or a wish for more documentation. I wrote the existing tutorial because I kept seeing questions about doing those things, and requests for better documentation. The manual is a great manual, but it's a manual, not a tutorial.

Of course, the most important part is that somebody actually sit down and create the something! I was hoping to nudge you into doing that by pointing out a possibly easier path. And frankly, I suspect it'll be better if done by someone who feels that need than by me.

More
10 Jun 2015 17:24 #33784 by mwm
Well, PB stepped up to rewrite the manual for the next release, so that's off my plate. Now I'm starting to write fragments of an intro.

For now, you might look at www.tested.com/tech/496860-rc-transmitte...puter-radio-systems/ and let me know what you think. It seems a bit simple to me. Needs to cover switch setup, touch on the two different ways that output and expo are measured, and off course the difference between proprietary systems and popular open source systems.

More
12 Jun 2015 00:08 #33889 by mwm
Ok, I drafted up what I think you're looking for. You can find the source on draftin: draftin.com/documents/678070?token=KAqAN...EEU6FPBgEp3ObDavpbgg .

Note that you can read the formatted text (with pictures in place) via the preview function on Control-R and in the pulldown menu on the upper left. If you have any suggestions, just edit the text and they'll get sent to me.

If this is radically different from what you were looking for, also let me know.

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds