Mix two switches (2-way & 3-way) into one 4-way?

More
04 Aug 2015 15:10 - 05 Aug 2015 15:46 #36540 by Cereal_Killer
Hi guys, Ive heard of lots of people doing this but I tried and tried last night and couldn't figure it out...

Can someone post up a model file with this setup so I can see how it's done? I want to make a single AUX channel have 4 possible output's by mixing a 3-way with a 2-way.

Specifically what I want it to use the 3 way to control 4 different flight modes; 1200, 1500 and 2000 and then when I click the 2-way off is when it goes to 1000. If both switches are down the channel would be 1000 (off), switch the 2-way up and it rises to 1200, flip the 3-way to mid and output is 1500, flip the 3-way up and the output is 2000, there is no reason to need the 2-way up and the 3-way anything other than 1000 (off). They 2-way acts as a safety (note I also tried setting it as a simply safety and that didn't work).

The 2-way will be my safe/arm switch (anything <1200 is arm) the 3-way will be flight modes (angle / horizon / acro). Remember acro isn't actually a mode at all- it's no modes on at all.

Edited to add:
This is the behavior I'm after-
HOLD0 + SW A0 is -100
HOLD1 + SW A0 is -80
HOLD1 + SW A1 is 0
HOLD1 + SW A2 is 100
Flipping to HOLD0 should override any SW A0, 1 or 2 positions (if the hold switch is flipped back off at any time it should force the channel to -100 ignoring SW A)

TIA!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 05 Aug 2015 15:46 by Cereal_Killer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2015 16:00 #36547 by TomPeer
I guess it would be something like this:

[channel6]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=None
dest=Ch6
switch=MIX0
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=None
dest=Ch6
switch=MIX1
scalar=0
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=None
dest=Ch6
switch=MIX2
scalar=-60
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=None
dest=Ch6
switch=AIL DR0
scalar=-100
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed

I asumed 1000 would be -100 and 2000 would be 100. You might change these numbers after scalar.

More
05 Aug 2015 02:52 #36568 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Mix two switches (2-way & 3-way) into one 4-way?
Ok looking at the code snipit it looks like to use the two switches I'm wanting (switch A and Hold) I would change it (in order) SW A0, SW A1, SW A2 and HOLD0?

Thank you! I read threw the manual and couldn't get it. Assuming it works when I try it (with your permission since you wrote it) I'd like to add this to the manual.

More
05 Aug 2015 07:26 #36572 by mwm

Cereal_Killer wrote: Thank you! I read threw the manual and couldn't get it. Assuming it works when I try it (with your permission since you wrote it) I'd like to add this to the manual.

This would actually be more appropriate for a wiki page or posting to the tutorials section. The manual is more a reference on the software, not how to use them to get specific behaviors like a four-way channel output, or elevon mixing, or a sticky throttle hold.

Not that I want to discourage you! I think more documentation would be a great thing, I just think we need to keep a clear distinction between the manual and tutorials. Unfortunately, there's not a clear place to put such other things. Maybe if someone stepped up to organize the wiki....

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Aug 2015 12:02 #36576 by TomPeer
There is nothing special with it, do with it what you want. I am a user also. ;)

More
05 Aug 2015 15:41 #36584 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Mix two switches (2-way & 3-way) into one 4-way?
Well that didnt seem to work, actually NOTHING happened, neither switch does anything. Where do I define the switch to use for each step? Under SRC or DEST?

Using the above code nothing happens, no movement at all, when I change the above so there is dest listed I do get movement on the channel monitor but it moves from 0 (low) to 100 (mid) to -100 (high) and then flipping the 2-way switch will change the -100 to -150 (EVERY time you switch it, position doesnt matter)

To hopefully help you help me what I'm wanting is for HOLD0 SW A0 to be -100, HOLD1 SW A0 to be say -80, HOLD1 SW A1 to be 0 and HOLD1 SW A2 to be 100. HOLD0 should override any SW A0 1 or 2 positions (if the hold switch is flipped back off at any time it should force the channel to -100 ignoring SW A)

How do I do that?

More
05 Aug 2015 16:05 - 05 Aug 2015 16:06 #36585 by TomPeer
I testet this one. It works on my 7E as you want it.

File Attachment:

File Name: model37.ini
File Size:4 KB

EDIT: This is set vor DEVO. you might want to change that.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Aug 2015 16:06 by TomPeer.

More
05 Aug 2015 16:14 #36586 by Cereal_Killer
Yes, THANK YOU!

Why does the SRC have to do set to AIL? I dont understand it but it does work exactly how I need, seriously man thank you!

More
05 Aug 2015 16:50 #36588 by TomPeer
It probably was first set on that. I went straight to fixed. Than the source is set to none. It is ignored when you set fixed. So it does not matter what was set at src.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds