Walkera V120D05

More
27 Aug 2015 15:25 #37244 by stevemeister
Walkera V120D05 was created by stevemeister
Hi all,

Just new to deviation :) Installed the firmware on a devo 10 and started with my Walkera V120D05.

Does anyone have a template for the walker V120D05? I used the V120D02 template found in the forum, but the swash does not work as supposed to; when moving the throttle upwards the blades get a negative pitch. Also the elevator and aileron are switched i think.

Hope someone can help.

Regards,
Steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2015 15:44 #37245 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Walkera V120D05
Hi Steven,

V120D05 = FBL? Seems so...
Is the RX2615V any good?
That "thing" is a bit older, isn't it? Probably not that crash-proof as V120D02s.

Is this the advanced heli template?
Is "Cyclic1" mentioned in the mixer as SRC?
If yes make sure you try to assign it to the ELEV output channel instead of AIL output channel.

Have you followed or read the "Howto FBL heli" thread?

Most of the time it is not helpful to just copy over model templates...

You might want to re-start with the Walkera heli manual and do it step by step.

Have you checked the N/R settings on the channels?

Unfortunately I have not used the Walkera FBL on my V120d02s but played around with ZYX FBL.
So this is a quite different programming / setup thing and I can not really assist in remote diagnosis on the RX and D05.

Thomas

More
28 Aug 2015 07:44 #37256 by stevemeister
Replied by stevemeister on topic Walkera V120D05
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick reply. It's indeed a BFL version, flies very stable with the standard WK-2601 radio.

Good to hear that there is a How to for FBL heli's, I'll will follow that. I have however only been flying RTFs in the past, so it will be a challenge i guess. Is it wise to start with a 6 ch template and work from there or from scratch?

Regards,
Steven

More
28 Aug 2015 11:00 #37262 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Walkera V120D05
This is my opinion: www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...s-the-question#36838

Personally I used the 6CH heli advanced GUI template to get some predefined DualRates/Expo mixers (which I have to modify anyways...)

The "Howto FBL heli" thread starts from scratch.

More
07 Sep 2015 18:03 #37538 by stevemeister
Replied by stevemeister on topic Walkera V120D05
Hi Thomas,

Got it fixed! The walkera V120D05 was installed using a template for the V120D02s, but servo's were not working properly. I bound the transmitter using WK2801 instead of WK2601 and that fixed the problem.

In the meanwhile I also configured my Belt CP with mixing in the transmitter using your links. Works perfect!

Thanks,
Steven

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds