New Hubsan H501S firmware won't arm with Deviation

More
15 May 2017 23:28 - 15 May 2017 23:45 #62332 by andrej
I'm using a Devo 10 with Deviation v5.0.0-2017-05-08. I've upgraded my Hubsan H501s firmware to the latest version based on this video . Sadly, the original Hubsan TX menu got a new item called "Fly without GPS", which (obviously) prevents the quad from arming indoors, unless set to YES, and the default is NO. The option doesn't get stored on the FC and has to be set before each flight to arm without GPS. So there's probably a bit / channel in the protocol that the TX has to transmit. Sadly, it looks like current Deviation can't do that.

Arming without GPS is also blocked in manual mode (!) and in altitude hold mode, which is extremely annoying, because I always fly this quad in manual mode, I don't care much about GPS and I sometimes want to fly it indoors. It arms just fine while outside and on GPS, although with further glitches that came with the firmware update. (I will ask about them in a separate thread to keep this one focused.)

The .INI file that I'm using is described here. It would be awesome if Deviation could set the "Fly without GPS" bit. I'll be more than happy to help with some testing. My current Hubsan firmware versions are 1.1.36 for the FC, 1.2.20 for the RX and 4.2.24 for the TX.
Last edit: 15 May 2017 23:45 by andrej.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.024 seconds