What Does A Model File Look Like

More
21 Aug 2017 01:37 #63881 by jhaleschuk
What Does A Model File Look Like was created by jhaleschuk
I've got my devo 10 all loaded up. I've never flown a model of any sort but do have a v450 d03, yah bit off more than I can chew.
I had to reload everything back on my devo 10 before I had a chance to explore it.
My question is: There seem to be about 30 slots for 30 or so different models. What does a model configuration look like?? is it a text file is there much to it and how do I load my sytstem up with a good variety of models. I do see the models file on my radio through the usb selection, the files there just say no particular name and is a one line text file? Is this the actual configuration for the model? WHere can I get model configs from if these are not actual models?
I am a real dumb bum when it comes to this, so any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 06:05 #63883 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic What Does A Model File Look Like
Not sure what you are opening or with what program, but the semi-blank default model##.ini files in the /models folder are around 70 lines long, and will give you an idea of what the structure looks like.
The default folder structure comes populated with 30 placeholder model ini files which you can use as starting points, or just rename any model file you find here (right-clock ans "save as") and overwrite one of the slots. 30 is not the limit, can't remember the limit but it's somewhere in the hundreds?

Click any of these to see a structure; it's a lot to get your head around trying to decipher it directly from an ini file, and not my recommended method (try the devo 6/8/12 emulators instead to get a more user-friendly graphical interface than the 10)
www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs

More
21 Aug 2017 06:36 #63884 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic What Does A Model File Look Like
The model config files are text based files, but they have Unix style line endings, so you need a text editor, which properly handles that, for example notepad++ (not the default one in Windows).
The model files should be named sequentially (model1.ini, model2.ini, model3.ini) in order to be readable by the tx.

More
21 Aug 2017 14:28 #63887 by jhaleschuk
Replied by jhaleschuk on topic What Does A Model File Look Like
Thanks so much. I guess I have blank files. Where can I download and install a variety of the configuration set up files into my TX or do I have to manually set them all up by adding text etc. I thought there might be one place a guy could download them from and set up. Any ideas, once again, would be very much appreciated.

More
21 Aug 2017 14:35 #63888 by jhaleschuk
I hooked up the radio to the pc via the usb cable and held the ent button until i could see the files on the radio. Then I went straight to the model files and looked in that folder. It has about 30 slots each with a single text line in each file starting with file one to file 30. There are no model names or anything else. I believe they are text ini files but certainly nothing with model names or 70 or more lines of text. This is a fresh install of Deventions 5 version firmware. The previous configuration that held the file ( i am assumIng) was lost when the radio was formatted. I would just like to load up many of the models I hope to buy and fly in the future. My v450d03 walkers doesn't show up at all.

More
21 Aug 2017 15:14 #63889 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic What Does A Model File Look Like
No, they are probably proper model ini files, just your editor doesn't handle unix style line endings, so it show the whole file in one line.
The default model files don't contain the model name, they will only when you give a name to that particular model and save it.
The saving is automatic when you switch off the tx, or load an other model...

More
21 Aug 2017 21:33 #63891 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic What Does A Model File Look Like
Note that there's nothing magic about the number 30. The transmitter firmware can't create files, so the directory is pre-populated with the first 30. If you need more, just copy default.ini to the new names in order

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 Aug 2017 23:46 #63892 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic What Does A Model File Look Like
Weird, I'd checked some ini files on a stock standard Notepad yesterday at work and they came up properly formatted, then when I tried it at home after reading FDR's comment it came up in the non-breaking format! Tried again today at work and yes it works, seems the Windows 7 Enterprise version of Notepad must be different from the Windows 10 version

More
22 Aug 2017 01:07 #63893 by jhaleschuk
I will have a chance tomorrow to put the suggestions to use and check that I'm all ready to go. Thanks for all your feedback guys, I do appreciate your time. I will keep you posted as to how it goes.

Jim H.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds