Eachine E58,

More
07 Apr 2019 21:09 #73726 by Burntstanding
Replied by Burntstanding on topic Eachine E58,
There are certainly a lot of different ways that it could integrate. I mainly like the ESP modules as they can run their own firmware which can interoperate the format of the signals they get into the wifi UDP broadcasts that the Wifi modules need. It would also be possible in theory if you wanted to swap out the wifi camera and board in the E58 for an FPV camera to use say an nrf24l01+ and one of the existing deviated protocols and an Arduino to interoperate the protocol and write the serial communication which just mirrors the UDP broadcast to the Flight controller. It could also be that in the same way the Devo SPI wires into the nrf24l01+ you could program the ESP-01 chip to translate an existing protocol and send the Data as UDP. You could even just have a switch between the nrf24l01+ and the ESP-01 module. There is a lot that could be developed and I am wondering if there may be a way to get the ESP-01 chip to ignore wifi disconnects and just keep broadcasting with the hope on the edges of range the drone would still pick up packets rather than giving up on disconnect. I want to prove proof of concept and would like to try and get the wifi networks for other drones using the same or branched versions of the JY UFO app, WIfi FPV, XSW UFO, Drone 720P, Wifi UFo, X260 WiFi. All I'm currently doing is setting up a WiFi hotspot to mimic the drone and see what the app sends. Or putting a wifi sniffer on my phone. If I could come up with a code that searched and when if found one of the WiFi zones these different drones put out and then outputs the correct packets it might be a fairly nice little module. But ultimately there are Data and Clk ports on the Flight controller. I'd love to try and dump the current firmware and see if the flight characteristics could be changed but that is a bit above me atm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2019 18:27 #74717 by snod33
Replied by snod33 on topic Eachine E58,
Hi, i just got my E58 and T8sg to bind with MT99XX protocol. Got bored so tried alot of them lol. Hope this helps, just signed up to let you know.

All the Best Ian

More
09 Jul 2019 08:51 #74719 by ndwest
Replied by ndwest on topic Eachine E58,
Ian, how did you handle the need to have the throttle at idle to get the Tx to power up. The E58 needs the rx on first, followed by the Tx. When I try it, you need the throttle at idle to get the tx to power on, and hence it wont arm the E58.

More
09 Jul 2019 10:40 #74720 by snod33
Replied by snod33 on topic Eachine E58,
Just trying a few different options and settings. Im new to these transmitters so its a bit of a learning curve for me.

Ian

More
13 Aug 2019 04:35 #74861 by Sparkey35
Replied by Sparkey35 on topic Eachine E58,
I'm impressed with your idea and what you are thinking of doing. Unfortunately, my interest in this is mundane and I'm wondering if anyone has made any progress finding the protocol for the e58. I would like to be able to bind this e58 to an analog transmitter with a multimodule. I believe it's set up in a way such that it's possible although it can be controlled by a digital/wifi signal as well. I did read about the DM002 using the same chip, and am hoping someone will do the same here. In that case "For Taranis: Custom protocol number =33, sub_protocol = 0".

More
25 Mar 2020 21:13 - 26 Mar 2020 10:05 #76111 by Burntstanding
Replied by Burntstanding on topic Eachine E58,
I haven't managed to bind with the MT99XX protocol. I have pulled this out and done some more digging that is again moving away from Deviation. But found an obscure reference that the PAN159CY chip could be programmed with NU-Link In Circuit Programmer which arrived today. Which connected to the ICP pads on the flight controller detected the Chip straight away as a Mini51 and has allowed me to take I believe dumps of the chips Programming 32K of APRom. I have little experience decompiling arm Binaries. But it maybe has some potential and maybe a possibility as NuMicro driver can be installed for Kiel so maybe it is possible Silverware could be cross compiled. May have some learning to do as I'd like to be able to get it to fly acro. I think the chip has an integral receiver pin which I have no idea if it could be reprogrammed although in theory as at least one other Quad with the panchip Pan159CY has been deviated it might even be as simple as flashing the ROM from that Quad onto the E58.

Was also considering either looking at dumping and reflashing the ESP chip that is attached to the camera module that lines in from the Wifi Control app as I've captured the packets sent from the wifi module to the flight controller and they are single line serial that mirror the structure of the UDP broadcast packets. It would be possible to put a Frsky RX or similar with a small micro controller maybe an ATiny to translate the PPM from the RX into the commands that the Wifi module bumps down the the PAN159CY Flight controller.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Mar 2020 10:05 by Burntstanding.

More
30 Apr 2020 20:42 #76216 by flaming_goat
Replied by flaming_goat on topic Eachine E58,
I've been working on a custom firmware for this drone. Ive been able to program using NuMicro's modified openocd using an STLINK. github.com/flaminggoat/Eachine-E58-CFW

More
13 May 2020 21:01 #76307 by amid
Replied by amid on topic Eachine E58,
Hello, I am new in this forum

Congratulations guys, very good work. I want to continue investigating just for fun.
Someone could record the video streaming through a PC, with FFMPEG or something similar?

Tried sending commands with netcat or similar?

More
19 Jun 2020 14:41 #76507 by sylvaiw
Replied by sylvaiw on topic Eachine E58,
Hi everyone !
I would like to bind E58 and Taranis X9 lite...
Did some-one finally find which protocol to use ?
Thanks.

More
30 Jul 2020 14:12 #76637 by MAYANK kumar singh
Replied by MAYANK kumar singh on topic Eachine E58,
Sir I want a favour from you
Actually I also have eachine e58 , but one day I opened it and for just testing I inserted the battery in reverse direction and suddenly one of the regulator chip FUSED.
so I just wanted that.......sir that.......can you just snap a clear picture of your drone's reciever so that I can just get a glimpse or the name of the part fused ,so that I can replace it. Please it's a request I would be so delighted if you help me sir

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Sir please

More
03 Aug 2020 18:07 #76654 by Sparkey35
Replied by Sparkey35 on topic Eachine E58,
I think the info may be here github.com/flaminggoat/Eachine-E58-CFW

More
04 Aug 2020 18:56 #76657 by MAYANK kumar singh
Replied by MAYANK kumar singh on topic Eachine E58,
Thanks man thank you very much

God bless you pal

More
02 Jan 2023 15:11 #78166 by om-drones
Replied by om-drones on topic Eachine E58,
Hey! Im sorry to post in this old post but there is a way to check if UDP messages are the same bits for UART communication between wifi and flight controller (yellow wire)?

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds