Hubsan H501s - quad/rx firmware version to use?

More
07 Jul 2018 15:08 #69801 by belrik
Hi all,
I've got an H501S advanced addition. So far it appears to bind and I can reliably change the video channel and see the battery voltage but I can't arm the thing and of course the 5.8G only shows the camera with no telemetry, warnings etc. Is there a trick to arming? I've tried the usual down and corners approach but that doesn't work.

I'm running 1.1.17 firmware on the quad and 1.2 on the advanced transmitter, (H906).

So far its ok to fly but would be great to figure out which firmware is gonna work without getting stuck on some firmware that requires GPS to take off, as I know the later versions added.

Any suggestions on suitable firmware versions for the flight controller and rx that are most compatible with Deviation. Using jumper t8sg v2 on this, have an H107D model working but not this..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2018 12:43 #69885 by belrik
I tried a few versions and settled on the FC firmware H501S-FC-V1.1.23-RHE-NoMagCal.hbs which is a non-official firmware that disables the compass calibration and seems to work with deviationTX now.

More
14 Nov 2018 21:32 #71751 by Carlos_Ribes
Replied by Carlos_Ribes on topic Hubsan H501s - quad/rx firmware version to use?
I need help with the Jumper. I have configured the H122D and the H501S, and I have managed to fly them a couple of times, but most of the attempts I can not start engines. If we talk about the H122D I have it configured with the Hubsan protocol and type 107, when I have flown it has been perfect but I change the battery I try to start motors and I do not get it anymore.
What I can be doing wrong?.
The same thing happens with the H501S, which I have configured not with H107, but H501S, has also flown perfect, without GPS, I do not think it can be activated, but the same thing happens, many times I can not start engines and I do not know why.

More
15 Nov 2018 07:35 #71753 by belrik

Carlos_Ribes wrote: I need help with the Jumper. I have configured the H122D and the H501S, and I have managed to fly them a couple of times, but most of the attempts I can not start engines. If we talk about the H122D I have it configured with the Hubsan protocol and type 107, when I have flown it has been perfect but I change the battery I try to start motors and I do not get it anymore.
What I can be doing wrong?.
The same thing happens with the H501S, which I have configured not with H107, but H501S, has also flown perfect, without GPS, I do not think it can be activated, but the same thing happens, many times I can not start engines and I do not know why.

See my post immediately above. I could not arm the motors but then I found the unofficial firmware which skips compass calibration before each flight and it works fine.

More
22 Nov 2018 06:00 #71841 by Carlos_Ribes
Replied by Carlos_Ribes on topic Hubsan H501s - quad/rx firmware version to use?
Thanks, ... and that change has not brought you any problems?
Can you keep flying with the Hubsan Transmitter?
How do you calibrate?

More
24 Nov 2018 18:53 #71874 by belrik

Carlos_Ribes wrote: Thanks, ... and that change has not brought you any problems?
Can you keep flying with the Hubsan Transmitter?
How do you calibrate?

The change has brought no problems and the ability to use a proper radio has meant that the model is easier to fly. I find the H501S slow and underpowered, but I can now move the camera more smoothly. I was able to bind back to the hubsan transmitter (hold "enter" while powering on using the advanced transmitter) and then bind back to my Jumper T8SG repeatedly with no problems.

Calibration- this is only for the compass, and I fly only FPV and never use the "headless" (hopeless?) mode on this model so I am never relying on compass data during a flight. The GPS works fine without this spinning calibration sequence, and can be enabled/disabled using switches on the radio although you are missing the telemetry overlay because hubsan adds the video overlay on the receiving FPV monitor rather than at source as most professional FPV systems do. There was some discussion of reading the telemetry data over the radio link but Hubsan never sold enough of these for developers to reach critical mass and fully open up the protocol.

More
24 Nov 2018 19:16 #71875 by belrik
Here is the firmware file I used on the H501S, this bypassed the need to spin the drone for compass calibration which in turn allowed me to arm the motors using Deviation on the radio.

File Attachment:

File Name: H501S-FC-V....hbs.zip
File Size:103 KB
Attachments:

More
24 Nov 2018 19:34 #71876 by Carlos_Ribes
Thanks a lot , I shall try it

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds