Elevon and V-Tail templates with Dual Rate

More
15 Jan 2013 16:46 - 15 Jan 2013 16:49 #5043 by vlad_vy
Template: Airplane with Elevon and Dual Rates (FMODE switch)

File Attachment:

File Name: elevon2_20...1-15.ini
File Size:1 KB

If you need change direction one of elevons, simply reverse that channel, at channel properties.

Template: Airplane with V-Tail and Dual Rate (ELEV DR switch)

File Attachment:

File Name: v-tail2_20...1-15.ini

If you need change direction one of V-Tail control surface, simply reverse that channel, at channel properties.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jan 2013 16:49 by vlad_vy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2013 13:13 #5191 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Elevon and V-Tail templates with Dual Rate
Template: Airplane with V-Tail and Dual Rates (RUDD DR and ELEV DR switches)

File Attachment:

File Name: v-tail3.ini

If you need change direction one of V-Tail control surface, simply reverse that channel, at channel properties.
Attachments:

More
05 Apr 2013 15:04 - 05 Apr 2013 15:05 #8569 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Elevon and V-Tail templates with Dual Rate
For Deviation v3.0.0 with working automap=1 option

Template: Airplane with Elevon and Dual Rates (FMODE switch)

File Attachment:

File Name: elevon2_20...4-05.ini

Template: Airplane with V-Tail and Dual Rate (ELEV DR switch)

File Attachment:

File Name: v-tail2_20...4-05.ini

Template: Airplane with V-Tail and Dual Rates (RUDD DR and ELEV DR switches)

File Attachment:

File Name: v-tail3_20...4-05.ini
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Apr 2013 15:05 by vlad_vy.

More
05 Apr 2013 20:05 #8598 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Elevon and V-Tail templates with Dual Rate
Thx Vlad

More
24 Feb 2015 15:36 #29077 by aritchie71
Replied by aritchie71 on topic Elevon and V-Tail templates with Dual Rate
hi there and thanks for this, I am very new to this lol! I have used your file and I need to reverse the ailerons direction but I am unsure of which part I need to change to make that happen, can you please help me out by pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate any help I can get in this matter!!

Regards,

Andy.

More
25 Feb 2015 04:10 #29086 by mwm
To reverse a channel, go to the Model -> Mixer menu, and then down to the channel label. Select that, and the first option will be Reverse/Normal. Selecting that will toggle things.

I wrote a tutorial that walks you through pretty much everything involved in setting up a model on deviation.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Feb 2015 16:41 #29109 by aritchie71
Replied by aritchie71 on topic Elevon and V-Tail templates with Dual Rate
hi there, thanks for that reply, I have done that and all that happens is either that the left/right stick becomes the control for the elevator and the up/down is the ailerons, but they are the right way round lol!
if anyone can think of anything I can change within the template to sort out this I would appreciate it greatly as the plane is sitting ready to get into the air lol!

Regards,

Andy.

More
16 Jul 2015 15:44 #35526 by jk6stringer
Replied by jk6stringer on topic Elevon and V-Tail templates with Dual Rate
Im kinda struggling to get this solved with a more streamlined format myself, with that said. If you go into the mixer you will have to change the src for it in both Channels. I'm working on trying to make a mix where things feed back into a Master channel for Elevator and Aileron so that you can tweak things like expo in one spot logically by the control type, and make it feel more like the off the shelf products. What we have currently working feels like some type of black magic, lol. Very effective, but take a break from it for while and I have to read my notes as to what on earth I had cooked up :)

Back to your question. With Elevon mixing your actually blending two srcs and neither one is really ELE or AIL anymore so you actually have PAGE that controls both servos from each stick. I have mine setup for example so that PAGE1 controls my Elevator on each channel so if I need to adjust that I do the same adjustment on each PAGE1 for my two mixes. So in your case to reverse them there.

To make things easier, before getting into the mixing I first set up each servo as a simple type and get its direction for a single channel going the right direction first. I'll just pick whichever servo is plugged into the labeled channel on the receiver and get that going in the right direct with servo reversing first. I then adjust the mix as above based on that. The tricky thing about these model templates is that if your servos aren't mounted in the same orientation, then things are mixed up.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I helped you. If your still having issues upload a picture of how you have your servos mounted and I think that will be easier to help you sort it out.

More
25 Oct 2016 05:39 #55366 by Lentar
Replied by Lentar on topic Elevon and V-Tail templates with Dual Rate
Hi,
I am using this template for my flying wing, "Airplane with Elevon and Dual Rates (FMODE switch)".
I want to use different D/R for elevator and aileron so that I have less throw on the elevator and more on the aileron. Is there any way to do this? Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds