glider template

More
31 Aug 2016 18:13 #53337 by hydro
glider template was created by hydro
Hey guys ,
As a newcomer, I am struggling to program my devo 12s.
Can someone please help me on a glider template?
The glider has ailerons , flaps.and a normal tail I would like have butterfly or crow on the throttle stick .
3 flight modes on a 3-position switch (launch, cruise and thermal)
i also require motor on and off toggled by a switch.
Please help me

with regards

albert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2016 19:06 #53339 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic glider template
Do each of the ailerons and flaps have their own individual channel? I've never had a plane with a crow setup but would imagine it would have to be setup that way?
I've got a dlg setup with just ailerons dialed to the throttle for camber/brakes, so that's a start...

Need a list of which channels are controlling what.

More
01 Sep 2016 06:19 #53353 by hydro
Replied by hydro on topic glider template
Nice you are helping me...

Yes the flaps have their own channel.

channel 1 en 7 are the ailerons
channel 2 elevator
channel 3 is engine on a switch
channel 4 rudder
channel 5 flap
channel 6 flap
channel 7 as mentioned aileron
Butterfly / crow on the throttle stick
When I pulll the throttle stick then the flaps go down and the ailerons go up
I need aileron diff ,elevon , butterfly and aileron to rudder mix.
These are the mixes i use in the futaba layout

Thanks

albert

More
02 Sep 2016 03:37 #53395 by RoGuE_StreaK
Where do elevons come into the equation?

More
02 Sep 2016 06:12 #53399 by hydro
when i pull the throttle stick . It is like your dlg .I must compensate the force up when the flaps go down

More
07 Sep 2016 00:06 #53557 by RoGuE_StreaK
Sorry hydro, haven't had a chance to work on something or even grab the dlg model off my devo (it's at home).

In the meantime, I'd suggest just having a play in the mixer screens, go into one channel and change the type to Complex; it can be intimidating at first, but once you start using the Complex mixer you never really go back to using the others, as it's very powerful and fairly logical once you get the hang of it. And it can be as simple or complex as you wish to make it, you can even just have one mix only. The 12s, like the 6s and 8s, should be a hell of a lot easier to create stuff directly on the TX as opposed to the 7E/10.

Start with channel 3 (engine), change the mixer to have 2 pages, on page one set the curve to be Fixed and have a value of -100 (motor off), and if you want to you can set Switch to be !(not) whatever switch you intend using, eg. !GEAR1. This means that as long as the switch is not set to GEAR1 (gear ON), then the channel will be set to a value of -100. Then on page 2, set Switch to GEAR1, again set a Fixed curve but this time +100 (full-on throttle), and importantly set the mux type to "Replace"; this means that the output of the channel gets changed from the fixed -100 value to the fixed +100 value, giving you full throttle.

Flaps, ailerons etc will work the same, but you want to explore a mux of "Add", so the two (or three, or four...) sources (roll and pitch inputs) are blended together to form one output. You may need to Scale, and probably Offset, the sources so that when the sticks are at their various extremities you don't end up with dead spots (hitting 150 and not going further than that)

Probably the biggest tip is just to get some paper and pen, and nut out each control surface and what inputs need to be blended together to get the result you want. Then figure out the order of blending and modifying (eg. scale 80% on a DR switch, add a fixed value of 50 to your elevons on Cruise mode, etc...), so each page builds on the previous, without adversely affecting things (eg. scale down your elevon controls on a switch, but do that BEFORE you mix in the throttle for crow otherwise that'll get scaled down too)

Don't get overwhelmed trying to see the whole picture, just take each channel as it's own entity and get one thing at a time working. For the flaps and ailerons, just get one side working, then write down what you used and you'll likely just need to reverse a few values for the other side.

More
07 Sep 2016 11:05 #53568 by RoGuE_StreaK
OK, attached my dlg file, just whack it in and open it up, check out how the mixers build up and you might get some idea/inspiration.
- both ailerons have throttle stick fed into them for variable camber / brakes
- elevator has a fixed value added on a switch (SWA1), and mixing in throttle stick to give some down elevator when applying the brakes
- there are no flight modes defined (it's only a 1m dlg), but just follow what's been done with the elevator, adding (or subtracting) a fixed value to the ailerons when a switch is in a certain position

Have a play while looking at the channel, to see how things apply to each channel. Just remember, in deviation each channel is essentially it's own entity, there's nothing linked from one control surface to another unless you specifically make it so, ie. you can't just say eg. "elevons on channels 1 and 7", you set up channel 1 to act like an elevon, then you note down your figures and do the same/opposite on channel 7.
Attachments:

More
09 Sep 2016 01:58 - 09 Sep 2016 02:25 #53658 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic glider template
Full house glider (little example by kreidler howto use his acro template): www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...75-full-house-glider

6ch Acro plane by kreidler (prefined virt mixers): www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-template...fined-mixer-template

Lanyu ASW28: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/model_config/lanyu_asw28
www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/3411-lanyu-asw28#24947

There are some V-Tail (found 4) templates in the forum (and some) on wiki as well as.
You could search wiki for glider, spoiler, v-tail as well as. Have not found aileron diff/differntial models however.

Thomas
Last edit: 09 Sep 2016 02:25 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
09 Sep 2016 18:00 #53691 by hydro
i am very gratefull for all your comments . I will try to follow your instructions .
Thanks

greetz

albert

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds