MJX Protocol?

More
30 Nov 2015 21:06 #40513 by cyclops13
Replied by cyclops13 on topic MJX Protocol?
Hello, reviving an old thread. But just wanted to check if the MJX F45 can now bind with Devo7E using the latest nightly build? Using the NRF module?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2015 16:14 #40660 by btoschi
Replied by btoschi on topic MJX Protocol?
Sorry, no, not yet.
Looks like we hit incompatibilities between Nordic and Beken chips (Implementation Advanced Shock-Burst), but that's just a guess unless we get the Auto-ACK to work on SOME chip.

More
15 Dec 2015 18:50 #40960 by cyclops13
Replied by cyclops13 on topic MJX Protocol?

btoschi wrote: Sorry, no, not yet.
Looks like we hit incompatibilities between Nordic and Beken chips (Implementation Advanced Shock-Burst), but that's just a guess unless we get the Auto-ACK to work on SOME chip.

Wow! I did not understand anything after not yet! :P

I really appreciate you clarifying though. Thanks.

More
15 Dec 2015 21:04 - 15 Dec 2015 21:06 #40965 by btoschi
Replied by btoschi on topic MJX Protocol?
Okay, I'll try to answer for non-techies ;)

The Devos are usually modded with a NRF24L01 (Nordic) chip (modules available from many sources),
but the Toy manufactures usually use the BK2421 (Beken) chip (cheaper in china), which is (mostly) compatible.
But it seems we found one of the incompatibilities which makes communication between these two chips
fail - think of two people talking languages with many similar words, but failing to understand some words which differ.
And since this are computers talking, they fail where humans would try different words ^^
Last edit: 15 Dec 2015 21:06 by btoschi.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds