Proto X SLT LEDs?

More
11 Feb 2015 16:37 #28569 by mwm
Proto X SLT LEDs? was created by mwm
Anyone tried dissecting the Proto X SLT RTF Tx?

The manual says that an SLT transmitter can't turn the lights on/off. Any chance someone has looked at doing that with deviationTx? Or maybe I should have gotten the earlier version?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2015 23:28 #28765 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Proto X SLT LEDs?
That would be interesting to reverse (I did the original SLT). I second this request, if someone have detailed photos of TX, please publish them to assess feasibility of the hack.

More
18 Feb 2015 03:11 #28777 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Proto X SLT LEDs?
Ok, here you go. I can't quite make out what the chip in the center is - presumably the MCU. The other IC on the board is a BK2425, which is an RF module. Apparently, this is used in the Syma stuff you've been working on already.

Attachments:

More
18 Feb 2015 03:17 #28779 by mwm
Forgot to add - mine doesn't go into bind mode. Hobbico says it's defective, and will be sending me a new one when they get them back in stock. In late April. They sent me the original Proto X as an apology :) .

But I just opened an issue on ebay for the replacement A7105 module I ordered a month ago being lost in the mail :( .

More
18 Feb 2015 03:36 #28780 by victzh
I see. I wanted to buy Nihui U807 with camera, but they're not selling it right now, only pre-ordering, and despite advertising free shipping they try to add shipping as well.

So maybe I just buy this Proto X SLT - it seems to be solderable to. I have Lishitoys L6052 with similar chip, so I will try to do this first.

More
18 Feb 2015 03:47 #28781 by mwm
The Proto X SLT is hard to find online. They seem to be out of stock pretty much everywhere. Flying the original, I can see why - the thing is a riot indoors. Being able to bind it to a Tactic radio would make it a lot more attractive, even without the LEDs.

There was a question on rcgroups about where to get they were in stock. This is the only reply so far.

More
18 Feb 2015 03:51 #28782 by victzh
So what you're saying is that nobody tried to control it with third party SLT controller, Deviation including?

More
18 Feb 2015 03:55 #28783 by mwm
There was one comment on rcgroups about someone having no luck binding it to a deviated 7e. I certainly plan to try again when I can get one into bind mode.

Since Hobbico pretty much instantly said mine was defective, I suspect there are issues with the magic gestures to get into bind mode, which is new on the SLT version.

More
18 Feb 2015 04:03 #28784 by victzh
I see. Yea, I failed to find it anywhere beyond the site you mentioned. I may be try them - they have it in stock. This type of TX is better than others for these small helis. It's the same form factor as Alias.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds