Hubsan original H107 protocol (V1)

More
16 Feb 2015 03:24 #28740 by phantom8
Hubsan original H107 protocol (V1) was created by phantom8
Is there any way I can access the original Hubsan H107 Protocol (V1) on a Devo 7e? I believe it was supported by Deviation long time ago before V2 was added. The reason for the need of V1 protocol is that I've encountered a bug with my H107D. After binding with my Hubsan Transmitter or Devo 7e, the front left LED keeps double blinding. The quad would not response to any commands after binding. I've searched the net and people said it was a bug on the receiver board. They were able to fix it by binding to an old H107 V1 transmitter first. I don't have a V1 transmitter and I hope there is some way I can access it with a Devo 7e. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2015 15:18 #28746 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Hubsan original H107 protocol (V1)
This is the first I've heard of an "old" hubsan protocol. Looking at the code history I don't see anything other than the current version (which has been updated to support features in the new models).

Pity Hubsan doesn't document what the flashing means. Did find one post on helifreak where an X4 with left LED flashing three times was fixed with a new FC board. It'd be worthwhile to inspect your board and see if you can spot any problems.

More
18 Feb 2015 05:48 #28793 by phantom8
Replied by phantom8 on topic Hubsan original H107 protocol (V1)
Thanks for the reply. I read the below thread and believed it added support to the new Hubsan model. I'm not sure if it's a new protocol or updated one.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...mitstart=0&start=400

BTW, I've examined the board and didn't see anything wrong.

More
18 Feb 2015 17:05 #28834 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Hubsan original H107 protocol (V1)
I see what you mean on that thread. What's called V2 there is adding the flip and led controls. If you have those turned off the data is exactly the same as what's called V1. It's the same protocol.

The left LED does seem to be used to flash error codes, but can't find any info on what they mean. Shame on Hubsan.

More
21 Feb 2015 11:31 #28961 by phantom8
Replied by phantom8 on topic Hubsan original H107 protocol (V1)
hexfet, thank you very much for the explanation. You just helped me fix my H107D. :woohoo:

You are right, the new model only added more channels. Thus, I used my Devo 7e and changed the number of channels from 7 to 4 and rebind the model. Afterwards, I could actually spin the motors and control my model. Then, I changed the Devo 7e back to 7 channels and the problem was gone. Thank you!

For those with double flashing LED on the front left arm. You can fix it by binding your model with an older Hubsan controller (V1) or a Deviated Devo with setting at 4 channels. This is a Hubsan firmware bug, not a hardware problem.

More
17 Mar 2015 16:04 - 17 Mar 2015 16:20 #29779 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Hubsan original H107 protocol (V1)
Thanks for noticing that, this reminds me of someone who couldn't bind to his H101 copter or something like that, maybe this was the same issue. I should add an option in the X4 settings screen to set "pre" (force the 10th byte in the packets to be 0x02) or "post" H107L protocol.

Oh and also the vTX settings packet should not be sent in this mode, but looks like it's not a problem...
Last edit: 17 Mar 2015 16:20 by goebish.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds