New FrSkyX protocol

More
26 Feb 2016 07:11 #43660 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Hello,
Test ver. 67b
New Bind and connected 2 SBUS Decoder via V Cable (1st 9-12,2nd 1-4).
The Blackout Test does 80-90 % a good Restart , the same % on complete Start up of the System (does not matter which is the first switched on)
I found thad the lock up State is not the same on both Converter (the 1-4 show some times not the same lock up as the 1-4)
and sometimes the 9-12 works ok but the 1-4 does jump around

greetings Alex

-> Pa with out Antenna, i Know about the change to kill it with out Antenna but on 1mW set it gets only a litte warm. Im a HAM (HAM ? -> DG5N..)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2016 07:57 #43661 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Can you play with different values for fine variable change base frequency? I will be interested to see SBUS behavior on different frequency...

More
26 Feb 2016 08:24 #43663 by Alexandro
Hello,
i was a little thinking about the SBUS Bug and i done the Test with the Taranis.
-> Thats bad !
1 out of 15-20 restart of RX i can lock up the SBUS :( . THATS BAD
it shows sometimes the same (1-4 is Lock and 9-12 is ok)
holy cow !
The Frsky system is hit by the Bug to.

and now ?

More
26 Feb 2016 08:28 - 26 Feb 2016 09:49 #43664 by midelic
So this bug is creeping out from Frsky original?Maybe only SBUS decoder is crippled.
I;m interested to see Rx connected via SBUS to cleanfight or basefligfht controller.
I want to see the bug is in RX or in SBUS decoder .I would guess was not in RX because many people used X4 in multirotors with CC3D or Naze32.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 09:49 by midelic.

More
26 Feb 2016 08:36 - 26 Feb 2016 08:44 #43665 by Alexandro
Yes, but on Deviation a little bit more %.
I think here has Frsky to do some Homework.
i Tested the 2nd RX, here the same Bug.

Sorry for doing not every Check full on booth TX.

EDIT
There is the Trap
www.frsky-rc.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=107

mine is jul 15 2013 <- it is the Old Ver. with the Bug

im so sorry :(
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 08:44 by Alexandro.

More
26 Feb 2016 08:47 - 26 Feb 2016 08:50 #43666 by midelic
ALexandro,
My point is Idk if the bug is in Tx ,RX or the SBUS decoder.
Before to conclude that we need to hook up RX on an FC controller that can take SBUS.

edit ,
SO the decoder is bugged after all. :sick:
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 08:50 by midelic.

More
26 Feb 2016 08:56 - 26 Feb 2016 11:46 #43667 by Alexandro
i try to get a new One with a newer Date to Check the SBUS. Than i can trash my 2 old Converter.

EDIT
Found 2 Frsky Converter on Ebay Germany, seller told me they are from 2015. I think we can check the SBUS next Week

greetings Alex
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 11:46 by Alexandro.

More
26 Feb 2016 15:31 #43678 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Well good news for development; bad news for Alex's decoders. Thanks for all the testing work. My bet is that midelic is right.

How does the LED on the X8R behave on the power cycle test? Is it the same for deviation and taranis?

I've uploaded a new test build that enables the sport stream telemetry processing. Would you please check the telemetry screen and see which boxes are being updated? The values may not be meaningful. Please test with AD2GAIN set to 1 and again at 3.

More
26 Feb 2016 16:47 #43687 by Alexandro
Hello,
Test Ver.884

Power cycle does not show any bad Things. The recover Time is very fast ( < = 1 sec ), Test done on RX and TX Blackout and its the same fast recovery.
The LED on x8r does nothing strange, on TX loss the Red blinks and after 1 sec on TX power up the green stay solid.
On RX Blackout the green comes up at 1 sec after power on the RX and stay solid green.

On Taranis it is the same fast recover.

The Bind on Deviation does now the right thing. The Bind screen does now close at successful Binding. The RX has to Power cycle after Binding (this is on Taranis to, its normal)
The auto Bind at Startup RX and TX does a good job to, it is very fast (faster than the Welcome Screen goes off) . Looks ok

On Changing the AD2GAIN form 1 to 3 i cant see any changes on V1 at Telemetry Screen, it show always 0.38 and has to show 3.8.
At AD2GAIN >40 it is the same 0.38 , looks like it does not change any counting on Display

good Job !

greeting Alex

More
26 Feb 2016 16:52 - 26 Feb 2016 16:53 #43688 by midelic
How about the RSSI?
On my multimodule I have RSSI ,RXbattery(A1) around 5V (BEC) and A2(ADC2) from external analog pin on my X4.I can hook lipo with a voltage divider.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 16:53 by midelic.

More
26 Feb 2016 17:26 #43693 by Alexandro
RSSI is 120 at near (Antenna on Antenna) and go down to 78, looks a bit high or is the RX Amp. very good ?
At around 77 the RX does stop his work
Test was done with RX at a closed Tincan

A1 is the Internal Volt, shows 0.38 and has to be 3.8 ( the . is on wrong Point)

ADC2 is not on the X8R, it has only RSSI out,Sport,SBUS

greetings Alex

More
26 Feb 2016 18:16 #43696 by midelic
Can you check on Taranis the max and min RSSI values(when rx "stop").It will help gauging better RSSI range.

More
26 Feb 2016 18:42 #43700 by Alexandro
RSSI on Taranis.
Near 99
Critical warning 42
< 40 no more sync with Stick
< 20 not usable
< = 10 sporadic servo movement
RSSI Deviation
Near 120
< 85 no more Sync with Stick
< 80 sporadic Servo movement
< 78 Stop of Servo movement

i can try to do a list with the rssi out from the RX (0-3.3V) to compare. Do you need it ?

greetings Alex

More
26 Feb 2016 18:48 #43703 by midelic
On deviation the RF power was set to maximum?

More
26 Feb 2016 19:02 #43706 by Alexandro
Same Numbers on 1 mW and 100mW on Display of Deviation

More
27 Feb 2016 01:00 #43732 by hexfet

Alexandro wrote: On Changing the AD2GAIN form 1 to 3 i cant see any changes on V1 at Telemetry Screen

Should have explained better earlier. I'm using the AD2GAIN setting to select the packet[21] value. If set to 1 then packet[21] is fixed to 0x08. With AD2GAIN==3 the handshake sequence code is enabled. It won't change the display value. It's for testing what effect packet[21] makes without needing different builds.

I've uploaded a new test build with a couple minor changes. Removed the sport stream checksum validation. It looks like the over-the-air stream doesn't have the sport data checksum that opentx processes on the serial data stream.

The second change is to put sport RSSI telemetry into the misc 2 (TEMP1) box on the telemetry screen. I don't know what this value is, but the opentx code expects it to always be present on the sport serial data. Don't really know what this could be. Maybe every D16 receiver puts its RSSI value both in the telemetry packet and in the sport stream? Or maybe its RSSI from the taranis internal module? Anyone know (some of this stuff I think is known but not to me :/)? Curious to see if it shows up in the sport telemetry.

I also multiplied the VOLT1 value by 10 so it should be 3.8 for you Alex :) On the telemetry monitor screen the rx telemetry values are in the top row. Any sport telemetry values will be in row 2 and below. Please check with AD2GAIN set to both 1 and 3.

Hoping to hear from djdazzy too...

More
27 Feb 2016 07:37 - 27 Feb 2016 08:11 #43755 by Alexandro
Hello,
Test Ver. 414

Changed AD2GAIN and watched on Telemetry Screen.

The only displayed Values are V1(on Telemetry Screen) and RSSI (RSSI on main Screen, thad i have enabled manual on Menu) , all other Values are showing 0C or 0, the Temp1 on Telemetry Screen does show 0C to. Switching with AD2GAIN does not change any thing.
-> we can Check the SPORT with a Altimeter thad i have (High precision Version) if you want.

Edit:
If it helps, the Taranis and the External TX Modul (The Version who can D16) have an External SBUS out to collect Data from it.There is a Display (Oled Version) , it can display the Telemetry.

greetings Alex
Last edit: 27 Feb 2016 08:11 by Alexandro.

More
27 Feb 2016 16:12 #43773 by hexfet
Okay good info. Do you have the telemetry setup for Taranis? If so I'd like to know what telemetry values it is receiving. It will be good to test with the altimeter. I'll need to look up what ID it sends.

I've uploaded a new test build. I separated the sport processing from the sequence numbers for the moment. If it any sport data is received it will be processed regardless of the sequence numbers.

I also added some debug code to report the state of the sport decoder. It will show up in the RPM telemetry field - bottom left.
1 means that packets are being received. Since we're already getting rx telemetry should see this for sure.
2 = rx sequence numbers are counting. Will get stuck at 1 or 2 if no sport data is being received.
3 = sport data being received
4 = sport packet found
5 = sport packet is a data frame (the only packet type there is at the moment)
Please try with AD2GAIN set to both 1 and 3. The debug RPM value holds at the maximum value reached, so you'll need to power off and on after changing the setting.

Thanks for the testing!

More
27 Feb 2016 22:21 #43791 by djdazzy
Replied by djdazzy on topic New FrSkyX protocol

hexfet wrote:

Alexandro wrote: Hoping to hear from djdazzy too...

Sorry, I started a new job this week so I have been busy. I will check it out tomorrow.

More
27 Feb 2016 22:49 - 27 Feb 2016 22:51 #43794 by Alexandro
Hello,
Test on Ver. cfb
i try to understand.

first the easy.
With SPORT connected
AD2GAIN 3 -> RPM 5
AD2GAIN 1 -> RPM 3

Without SPORT connected
AD2GAIN 1 -> RPM 3
AD2GAIN 3 -> RPM 2
all tested with variometer Sensor on SPORT
looks like SPORT is getting Data if i understand and translate Your Text right :)

-> New SBUS Converter is now here and it works without any Problems on Blackout Test ! Good Job !
LEDs does not Flicker and Servo moves nice. I try to Test on Monday the full SBUS Channel Range to verify .

-> Telemetry setup for Taranis ? You mean the ID Numbers ? Digital logging the Data Stream ? or only the displayed Numbers on Taranis ?
pleas can You explain

greetings Alex
Last edit: 27 Feb 2016 22:51 by Alexandro.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds