T8sgV2 with r-xsr not binding

More
14 Dec 2020 23:37 - 15 Dec 2020 00:20 #77110 by Bayerischbeer
T8sgV2 with r-xsr not binding was created by Bayerischbeer
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my T8sgV2 (carbon) and a rxsr receiver.
I have not much experience in RC but trying to learn.
My setup is: Geprc Cinestyle with rxsr receiver connectet via SBUS (not Sport)
I was able to bind the receiver/ transmitter with stock firmware and did a test flight. RX got loss after about 100 Meters (on 150mW) I could not fix the RX loss, so I decided to update Firmware of T8SG and receiver. Now I am on:
T8SGV2 with actuall nightly built

I cant bind the transmitter to the receiver anymore. I don´t know what I´m doing wrong. I already tried both firmwares on the receiver (FCC / LBT firmware 2.1.0)
So for exaple: I flash FCC receiver firmware (not Fport firmware, because receiver is connected via SBUS, correct?) I go to model setup, Protocol FrskyX (FCC mode / "Sport out" disabled, 16 Channels)
The receiver is in binding mode (red / green / yellow LED is steady on)
--> pressing now "Bind" on the sender --> timeout without binding after about 10 seconds
If I first press "Bind" on the sender and put receiver afterwards (within some seconds) into binding mode, same issue. The receiver/sender is not Binding
All three LED keep flashing steady
I already tried with different fine tuning (-100 / -70 / 0 / +70 / +100)

What am I doing wrong? Which firmware do i need?
Is the t8sgV2 able to use the ACCESS protokoll? I have not tried this yet.
The binding procedure should be possible with Fport firmware as well even the receiver is not connected via Fport, correct? So I also tried the Fport firmware, without any result.
I also tried older nightly builts and older receiver firmware --> everytime same issue, biding is not possible. I think its me, because i have no experience in binding / RC. But I have read a lot and don´t know whats wrong in my setup

Please help

EDIT: I am trying to bind while und Receiver is not connected to the FC. I am trying the binding while receiver is powered throu STK USB tool. But this should also be possible, correct? Binding should work even the receiver is not connected to the FC but gets Power from STK??

Best regards,
Harry
Last edit: 15 Dec 2020 00:20 by Bayerischbeer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2020 01:58 #77111 by mj666
Replied by mj666 on topic T8sgV2 with r-xsr not binding
If you have the latest nightly on your TX there should be an seperate bind option for the FrSky v2.1 protocol. Be sure you have this selected and the fcc/lbt option matching your RX firmware. Put your RX into bind mode an than press bind on the TX in the second step. I tested all protocols with an r-xsr RX with all four protocol options successfuly.

More
15 Dec 2020 10:49 - 15 Dec 2020 10:50 #77112 by Bayerischbeer
Replied by Bayerischbeer on topic T8sgV2 with r-xsr not binding
Hello,

thank you very much.
Caused to the fact I had no option "V2" in the Sender I recognized that I did the firmware Update the wrong way (Just copied the Files, Not flashing via dfu)
Now I Updated the right way, selected "V2" -> Binding worked on first try

For other people who are owning T8sg+ Carbon (V3): Don't use the v2plus Firmware, display will not work. Choose "normal" V2 Firmware, this works.

Thanks again for your Support
Last edit: 15 Dec 2020 10:50 by Bayerischbeer.

More
16 Dec 2020 15:18 #77117 by Bayerischbeer
Hello,

it´s me again. :-)
I´m still having a bad signal. I have no experience, because this is my first real drone (after Hubsan Jet), but I shink it should be possible to get more range?? I am at 150mw
Please look at this video I took today.
photos.app.goo.gl/VYvULra6nK9vJ78Y8
I can´t fly with this bad signal. If I fine tune the freq, signal got lost at about -25 and about +25. So fine tune set to 0 should be the best.
Also the VTX is quite poor.

Any suggesteions why i have such a bad range with the T8SG carbon?

Regards,

More
17 Dec 2020 14:03 - 17 Dec 2020 14:04 #77124 by Bayerischbeer
Hello another Video with rx loss from today.
Should this bee the range I can get with T8SG and R-xrs? Why was rx loss even the RSSI was higher than on several points of the Video where the rssi was much lower without rx loss?

photos.app.goo.gl/qKLTDdHJhcDYYMtX6

Sorry for bad flying, i am a noob, but trying

Best regards,
Harry
Last edit: 17 Dec 2020 14:04 by Bayerischbeer.

More
17 Dec 2020 16:08 - 17 Dec 2020 16:16 #77125 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic T8sgV2 with r-xsr not binding
It looks and sounds like your fine tuning method needs some work. Please outline exactly how you are doing it

EDIT: Actually after watching your last video I can't see where your problems lies. Your RSSI in the top right corner looks good throughout the flight ?? At the point you crash it is still at 56 although it briefly drops to 32 but then also switches to ANGLE mode. Did you do this or the flight controller ? Perhaps you need to update the firmware or perhaps you are suffering from FADE/SHADOWING. I assume you are standing at the house where there are big trees and then you have power lines. The powerlines are not your friend. Try fly in the other direction and make sure that you have line of site of the quad. Your battery was also telling you to land when you decided to go low down that path. Perhaps try taking heed of the warnings.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2020 16:16 by propnut.

More
17 Dec 2020 17:06 #77126 by Bayerischbeer
Hi propnut,

thank you for your answer.
Yes you are right, maybe i should try it somwhere else without Power Lines.
Ist's just because if i watch videos in YT, e.g. range Tests, they can go 1,5 km (r-xsr).
From my Point (next to the House) to the Point where i lost rx, its about 200 mtr.
The "Angle" Mode is part of my failsafe procedure. Angle mode and landing with defined Motorspeed, and beeping.

Thank you for your support

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds