Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

• mooiweertje
01 Feb 2022 11:56
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Category: Protocol Development

For modelmismatch a popup would do I guess.
  • mooiweertje
01 Feb 2022 11:50 - 01 Feb 2022 12:05

expressLRS

When I install 6659b95 and set packet-rate lower than 500 I can install the 2ef012c and it works. As soon as I set it to 500 again the connection to TX and RX get lost. I have to overwrite the 2ef012c with a previous version to get ELRS going again.
  • mooiweertje
01 Feb 2022 11:30 - 01 Feb 2022 12:07

expressLRS

So now with 2ef012c there is no "re-init" button so it doesn't work at all anymore. With the previous megabaud version I could re-init and it would work as long as the T8 stays on and re-init is not pressed a second time.
Now when I turn on the T8 sometimes it connects to the RX and then after a few seconds disconnects again. The menu doesn't show.
What does the bind button do?
  • hexfet
31 Jan 2022 23:35
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Really appreciate the thorough testing! Test build is updated - 2ef012c . The Re-Init button causes a complete restart of the protocol and that causes some issues syncing up with the ELRS module. I'm not sure there's a good reason to have this function in CRSF so I removed it for now. That makes the button read "Bind" which is not ideal. Clicking on it does nothing. It wouldn't be correct to tie it to the TX Bind parameter command as that's a dialog and should be done through the device parameter page.

I'm not sure why the RX sometimes doesn't show up on the config page. Maybe it's still connecting when the device ping is sent. I added a device ping once a second while on the config page where previously only a single initial ping was sent. This will also handle the case where a device becomes active at any later time.

I like the idea of putting the model mismatch alert in the telemetry. Maybe combined with the connection status that's reported in the same message as the model mismatch error. One design issue is that the handset has to ask the TX for that message and that probably should be avoided in flight as it would replace a stick command packet. Plus it'd be difficult to take off with mismatched model :) I could use AUX1 to stop sending the poll message when armed, but then would the telemetry still be useful? In opentx/edgetx the polling is only done while the LUA script is running.

Another possibility would be to pop up a warning dialog on the screen when a model mismatch is detected. Still probably only want to poll the status while disarmed.
  • mooiweertje
31 Jan 2022 13:41

expressLRS

On dc48a24 and faea251. When I restart the T8 I have to "re-init" before the TX menu appears and the connection between TX&RX is not established until I enter the menu. When I "re-init" a second time the menu disappears and never comes back.

6659b95 is the last that seems to work properly from my point of view.
  • mooiweertje
31 Jan 2022 10:49

expressLRS

Maybe in the telemetry data?
  • hexfet
31 Jan 2022 05:10

expressLRS

Thanks again for all the testing! Test build is updated - dc48a24 . Did some code cleanup, and tested Crossfire again to make sure it worked. Which it didn't so had to track that down.

With the changes in the current crsf_elrs branch PR (and the ELRS PR) the serial link is solid at 1.87Mbps, packet rate 500Hz works, and model match is working. The only thing left on my list is to do something with the ELRS info message. At least show the model mismatch error on the config pages, maybe elsewhere. Open to suggestions.
  • Amandrake
30 Jan 2022 17:45
Deviation on f12 was created by Amandrake

Deviation on f12

Category: General Discussions

Hello I bought a beautiful devo f12, believing that on the market there was the possibility to install deviation tx, I was able to appreciate your work on the deve 8s and the deve f12e, PLEASE, DOES SOMEONE KNOWS IF THE DEVO F12 is COMPATIBLE WITH DEVIATION FIRMWARE FOR 12S? I LOVE THIS RADIO, I NEED HELP PLEASE
  • mooiweertje
29 Jan 2022 14:14 - 30 Jan 2022 14:15

expressLRS

Installed faea251 in T8 and c80836 ELRS on TX and it seems to work fine. I expect to fly again tomorrow.
  • hexfet
29 Jan 2022 06:36

expressLRS

Test build is updated - faea251 . With this build and the ELRS update in the previous post the link runs 1.87Mbps with no errors.
  • hexfet
29 Jan 2022 03:56

expressLRS

Thanks for the testing! .No, nothing specific to test.

Been spending a lot of time on the serial data errors. One part of the problem is a small bug in ELRS. An ELRS build with this PR reduces the errors. With that change in place I think I see the final boss. At the higher data rate ELRS takes the opportunity to send more than one message in a single interval. Need to think on how best to handle that in Deviation. It may not even happen at 500Hz packet rate - ELRS adjusts what it sends based on how much time is available.

On the model match subject, one thing to understand is that Deviation does not send the model ID to the RX. It sends it to the TX module. The module will try to use it to connect to the RX. If the device menu on the TX is used to change model match from Off to On, the module then will program the RX to the configured model ID.

Also the ELRS module keeps some parameters separate based on the model ID even if no receiver is matched to the model ID. So if model match is on with fixed id 16, if the fixed id is changed to 17 and 17 has never been bound to a receiver, then in the CRSF device menu the ModelMatch will be Off.

So considering the case of adding a new model (receiver) there are four cases: TX model match on or off, and RX model ID at 255 or 0-63.
1. TX model match off, RX with model id 255. This would be the case with a brand-new RX and in Deviation setting the fixed ID to a value that hasn't been bound to any receiver before, or going to the device menu and turning model match off. In this case when both T8 and RX are powered on they will connect. Go to the TX device page and change ModelMatch to On. The RX will be programmed with the selected fixed ID.

2. TX model match off with fixed ID 20, RX with model id 16. Turn on T8 and RX. Go to device page and set ModelMatch to On. RX is bound to ID 20. This takes about 30 seconds with the ES900RX. LEDs go through several states but eventually solid on.

3. TX model match on with ID 16, RX model id 255. Power on T8 and RX. Go to device page and set ModelMatch to Off. Then set ModelMatch On. RX is bound with ID 16.

4. TX model match on with ID 16, RX model id 10. Power on T8. Go to device page and set ModelMatch to Off. Turn on RX and it will connect. On device page set ModelMatch On. The RX will be programmed with model ID 16.

All this seems fairly reasonable to me, but I'm not a UI guy :) One thing I don't want to do is send CRSF device parameter settings outside of the menu presented by the device. For one thing in Deviation the parameter data only exists while in the CRSF device page. Also it just seems like opportunity for confusion if parameters could be changed in multiple places.
  • mooiweertje
28 Jan 2022 14:16

expressLRS

I just flew 3 lipo's on a race quad using 6659b95. All good. ELRS and Deviation are fabulous.
Anything specific needs testing on the 6659b95? I have never noticed any fluctuations on the rates during flight. But I am still flabbergasted/overwhelmed by the short response time when I fly. Maybe when I am used to the speed I will notice something..
  • mooiweertje
27 Jan 2022 06:45 - 28 Jan 2022 10:46

expressLRS

I was thinking from the perspective that the hardware has no WiFi.
I have several models and want to add a new one. To do so I have to turn on model match on the TX. To be able to do so, I first have to turn off model match and turn on model match again to send model id to the receiver. This is an abomination.

I think I want to turn on both TX and RX and send the ID to the RX with the re-init key. This is how it has always worked with Deviation. Sending the ID to the RX from the RX menu can also make sense.

The model match only blocks communication between RX and FC. It has no effect on communication between T8 and RX.
  • hexfet
27 Jan 2022 01:42

expressLRS

New test build is available - 6659b95 . Just a small change that reduces the uart errors but doesn't eliminate completely. Still have a couple more things to try.

I wasn't able to duplicate the model match behavior. Both cases 3 and 5 worked as expected, though I don't have an FC hooked up to the check the control connection. The LED on the RX was flashing three times fast which indicates a model mismatch. The RX does not show up on the config page. Telemetry does work though.

Maybe something's off with my test. The procedure I used was:
1. Start with both rx and t8 turned off. They are working with model match on with id 16.
2. Turn on rx, wait for wifi connection.
3. In browser change model id from 16 to 255. Power off receiver.
4. Power on t8.
5. Power on receiver. After a few seconds it starts the model mismatch LED sequence.
6. Power off rx and t8. Power on rx, wait for wifi, verify model id is still 255.
Then repeat except set rx model id to 10 instead of 255.
  • belrik
26 Jan 2022 11:03
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

I agree, this is not a deviationTX item, I will suggest it on the eLRS discord and see what people think.

mooiweertje wrote: The model match id is a parameter of the RX so maybe ELRS should implement a menu for it.

I'm sorry to say I think frsky and opentx is a messy pile of junk. I'm very happy I never had to use any of their freaky abominations.

• mooiweertje
26 Jan 2022 10:19

expressLRS

The model match id is a parameter of the RX so maybe ELRS should implement a menu for it.

I'm sorry to say I think frsky and opentx is a messy pile of junk. I'm very happy I never had to use any of their freaky abominations.
  • Amandrake
26 Jan 2022 06:08 - 26 Jan 2022 06:12
Replied by Amandrake on topic DEVO F12 FIRMWARE

DEVO F12 FIRMWARE

Category: Stock Firmware Help

Hello I bought a beautiful devo f12, believing that on the market there was the possibility to install deviation tx, I was able to appreciate your work on the deve 8s and the deve f12e, PLEASE, DOES SOMEONE KNOWS IF THE DEVO F12 is COMPATIBLE WITH DEVIATION FIRMWARE FOR 12S? I LOVE THIS RADIO, I NEED HELP PLEASE
  • hexfet
26 Jan 2022 05:25 - 26 Jan 2022 05:26

expressLRS

In the CRSF parameter system the menu is driven by the device. All the labels and options come from the device.

The ES900RX responds to a device info query with the name, which is why it appears in the device list. But that same response says it has zero parameters, so there's nothing to display after clicking on the device name.

I'll look at the model match soon. Working on the parameter loading issue.
  • belrik
25 Jan 2022 20:45
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Same here, I also had a CRSF BetaFlight menu option when I was using Tracer. I was not able to do anything with it - just an empty shell.
  • mooiweertje
25 Jan 2022 18:13

expressLRS

I also have a Betaflight menu option when I am connected. This menu is also empty. Can this menu be filled with pid profiles etc, etc?
Displaying 581 - 600 out of 76174 results.
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds