Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

• mooiweertje
26 Jan 2022 10:19
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Category: Protocol Development

The model match id is a parameter of the RX so maybe ELRS should implement a menu for it.

I'm sorry to say I think frsky and opentx is a messy pile of junk. I'm very happy I never had to use any of their freaky abominations.
  • Amandrake
26 Jan 2022 06:08 - 26 Jan 2022 06:12
Replied by Amandrake on topic DEVO F12 FIRMWARE

DEVO F12 FIRMWARE

Category: Stock Firmware Help

Hello I bought a beautiful devo f12, believing that on the market there was the possibility to install deviation tx, I was able to appreciate your work on the deve 8s and the deve f12e, PLEASE, DOES SOMEONE KNOWS IF THE DEVO F12 is COMPATIBLE WITH DEVIATION FIRMWARE FOR 12S? I LOVE THIS RADIO, I NEED HELP PLEASE
  • hexfet
26 Jan 2022 05:25 - 26 Jan 2022 05:26
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

In the CRSF parameter system the menu is driven by the device. All the labels and options come from the device.

The ES900RX responds to a device info query with the name, which is why it appears in the device list. But that same response says it has zero parameters, so there's nothing to display after clicking on the device name.

I'll look at the model match soon. Working on the parameter loading issue.
  • belrik
25 Jan 2022 20:45
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Same here, I also had a CRSF BetaFlight menu option when I was using Tracer. I was not able to do anything with it - just an empty shell.
  • mooiweertje
25 Jan 2022 18:13

expressLRS

I also have a Betaflight menu option when I am connected. This menu is also empty. Can this menu be filled with pid profiles etc, etc?
  • mooiweertje
25 Jan 2022 18:00

expressLRS

Even more logical maybe would be to set the RX-ID in the ELRS-RX menu in Deviation? Why is this menu empty?
  • mooiweertje
25 Jan 2022 17:44

expressLRS

I think using the re-init key to set the RX-ID is more logical for Deviation than what is happening now.
  • mooiweertje
25 Jan 2022 17:11 - 25 Jan 2022 17:42

expressLRS

I tested a29d310 model match on the following scenarios described by ELRS page. www.expresslrs.org/2.0/software/model-config-match/#model-match
Scenario#TX ModelMatchTX Receiver IDRX Model IDResult
1OffAnyOffConnects / Communicates as usual
2OffAnyAConnects but does not communicate to FC
3OnAnyOffConnects but does not communicate to FC
4OnAAConnects / Communicates as usual
5OnBAConnects but does not communicate to FC
  1. Correct
  2. Correct
  3. Wrong. The TX changes the RX ID and Connects / Communicates as usual.
  4. Correct
  5. Wrong. The TX changes the RX ID and Connects / Communicates as usual.

Sometimes the menu disappears while fiddling around with the ID's.
  • hexfet
25 Jan 2022 15:59

expressLRS

The "stuttering" when loading device parameters is related to the higher data rate. I need to add some buffering to fix it.
  • hexfet
24 Jan 2022 21:42

expressLRS

The device info reported by the receiver says it has zero parameters, so that's consistent. The model mismatch error comes in the ELRS info message that Deviation is not doing anything with yet. It's on the list.

New test build is available - a29d310
Spoke too soon when I said model match was working, at least fully. The model id was being sent too early on power-up.

I also changed things so no need to press Re-Init any more. If the fixed id is changed, then the new model id is automatically sent to the tx module. Deviation displays a 0 fixed id as "None" but it still should work. 1-63 should be plenty anyway :) A fixed id of 64 or higher is sent to the tx module as 255, the "Off" value.
  • belrik
24 Jan 2022 19:55

expressLRS

Apparently the RX device in CRSF-device page should show a message about incorrect model number if you try to access it from a model with the wrong number. Otherwise there's no other data shown. Seems odd to me that the RX shows no data but that's the behaviour so far.
  • hexfet
24 Jan 2022 16:15

expressLRS

Thanks for the link. I really need to read the docs first :)

Model match does work, but an extra step is needed in belrik's list:
2.5 Click Re-Init (select the Re-Init box and press ENT)

This is needed to tell Deviation to send the new fixed ID to the tx module. I'll look at changing the code so the update happens automatically.

I haven't seen Deviation lose connection to the TX, but I'll do more testing. Please let me know if you have some procedure that can make it happen repeatably.
  • belrik
24 Jan 2022 09:10 - 24 Jan 2022 09:19

expressLRS

Looks like the RX menu should show that, but Rx menu on my 2.0.1 Rx wasn't showing any menu data either on deviationTX:

www.expresslrs.org/2.0/software/model-co...g-model-match-number

Reading this it looks like we are supposed to:
1. Connect Rx to tx
2. Set model number in deviationTX model
3. Toggle on model match in eLRS tx settings
4. Rx is automatically programmed with the model number

hexfet wrote: How do you check the id in the RX? I got the 900MHz version. The RX doesn't put any parameters in the CRSF menu.

• mooiweertje
24 Jan 2022 08:53

expressLRS

The Happymodel EP RX has WiFi and a web interface where I can set the ID.

In the coming ELRS release, betaflight configurator is going to be able to work through this WiFi connection. Awesome.
  • hexfet
24 Jan 2022 04:09

expressLRS

How do you check the id in the RX? I got the 900MHz version. The RX doesn't put any parameters in the CRSF menu.
  • mooiweertje
24 Jan 2022 03:49 - 24 Jan 2022 03:49

expressLRS

Tested Model match and it is working but it's behavior doesn't make much sense. I set the id to 11 and the next time I check the id in the RX it's 0. I've also lost connection between Deviation and the TX.
I would be afraid to use it how it works now.
  • mooiweertje
24 Jan 2022 02:53

expressLRS

Problems sleeping so I flashed the 835b547 and it seems to work perfectly.
  • belrik
23 Jan 2022 23:26

expressLRS

mooiweertje wrote: I think I have time again Wednesday to try the new build.

I read somewhere ELRS packet rate can go up to 1KHz. Is this the goal of the new baud rate?

It would help enable higher packet rates but the goal of higher baud rates was to spend less time transmitting each packet from the radio to the module. Think of each stick update like a download, a higher transfer rate allows the stick data to reach the module quicker each time. The savings amount to a latency reduction, I think 0.5ms latency saving was given as an example.
Search "megabauds" for more information.
  • mooiweertje
23 Jan 2022 23:18

expressLRS

I think I have time again Wednesday to try the new build.

I read somewhere ELRS packet rate can go up to 1KHz. Is this the goal of the new baud rate?
  • hexfet
23 Jan 2022 23:06

expressLRS

The bad/good numbers are basically the number of bad and good packets received in a second. Should be 0/configured packet rate. It refers to the link between Deviation and the tx module. The radio telemetry is the correct thing to monitor for the air link.

I've merged the gps fix. Thanks for the testing.

New test build is available 835b547 . As belrik noticed the serial data rate is bumped to 1.87Mbps if the module is detected to be ELRS. This rate works well on my t8sg. Please let me know how it works for you.

Model match is enabled. Set the fixed id in the model to a number 0-63. Click on Re-Init after this change, or power cycle the t8sg. Follow the ELRS procedure for setting the receiver. I'm not sure I've worked out all the details, but it's basically having the receiver connected, the tx module Model Match parameter set On, and then set the fixed id. When I mess up and can't connect to the receiver then turning the module parameter Off restores the connection after cycling power.
Displaying 601 - 620 out of 76179 results.
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds