devo 12s

More
01 Apr 2014 22:08 #22017 by unclecrash
devo 12s was created by unclecrash
Hi guy's just picked one of these up. Wondering if I have to download firmware for it right out the box. Im charging it and decided to turn it on for a second only to find Im not getting the main screen. I get warning Fmod sw and that is it. Hoping I just need to download the firmware for it man this is a nice radio!! Just need to figure out what's going on. Thanks Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2014 22:23 #22019 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic devo 12s
you need to make sure all switches are in the off state (generally throttle down all switches up) otherwise it will give you that message.

More
01 Apr 2014 23:28 #22022 by unclecrash
Replied by unclecrash on topic devo 12s
LOL I knew I read that somewhere in the thread or a video, But Imust have missed one. Now i got it going thank's a lot. I believe this is your firmware correct

More
02 Apr 2014 01:03 #22026 by PhracturedBlue
If you got a message about FMODE, it is very likely you are running stock firmware. You need to manually install the Deviation firmware (after reading and understanding the manual) if you want the advanced features provided by it.

More
02 Apr 2014 02:37 #22029 by unclecrash
I will have to sit here with the manual and the tx and see what all is different. I'm not very skillful with the computer,but can get by with a bit of help. I was liking the work I saw FDR doing with the screen's,Im all about the easy button, that's part of why I got this tx. I have the touch screen Flysky IT4 for car's and what a joy compared to setting it up with a manual, I don't think I have picked it up yet. I also saw you were the one who started doing the firmware for this back in the rcgroups thread. My hat's off to ya for helping the folk's out with the new firmware. I will do some more reading up on my new system tomorrow and also find the version of firmware installed in my radio. Thank's again Dave

More
03 Apr 2014 13:06 #22077 by unclecrash
For the life of me I cannot get the manual from walkera to download. I even made an account. So I sat and read the deviation manual and I like the feature's now I need to read the walkera manual. What scares me is having to sort the screens and icons and make a main page and get it all working.

More
03 Apr 2014 13:58 #22081 by PhracturedBlue
I'm not going to claim Deviation is easy to use for a beginner, but if you switch to the standard mixer, it shouldn't be signifcantly harder to use than Walkera's firmware.

To get a better display layout, you can look through the model configs to find a layout you like, and load that onto your transmitter.

This link should get you the English manual from Walkera:
www.walkera.com/en/productinformation/DEVO12_EM.pdf

More
04 Apr 2014 18:37 #22126 by unclecrash
OK Thank's the download took forever for some reason that must be the same link I was at. My computer is a new laptop and normally my downloads go very fast. So I figured that it was not working because I waited a minute or so and no progress on the bar at the bottom of page. I am now reading the manual for the stock firmware. I will get familiar with the radio and instructions for a while before I decide to change. What scares me is if I have to add the button's and such if I just have to copy paste or something easy I can do it ,but if I have to try to write codes and such I have no experience in doing that. Im an airplane guy ,but I have played with a couple small chopper's with not much luck. But I may try again or maybe get a quad. Are they easier to learn to fly that a regular chopper? I have flown plane's for oh 30 years on and off. I got into the computer age way too late but am getting a bit better with time. I wish there were more guy's playing a round with making template's for them...

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds