DEVO 7 How too issue

More
02 Jun 2014 22:28 - 02 Jun 2014 22:31 #23861 by Batfire
DEVO 7 How too issue was created by Batfire
HI all,

I have a Devo 7 and 10 but will ask how on 7 and should work on 10 also so here goes. I have failsafe armed to my gear sw. I need to know how to arm failsafe when transmitter is turned off or copter goes out of range?

Equipment:

Devo 7
RX802 Receiver
Quadcopter X-830
SuperX FC system

All functions work fine including manual failsafe but if I turn off transmitter to test loss of signal failsafe copter does not recognise loss of signal (doesn't go to failsafe).

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this issue.

P.S. If you know the settings common for quadcopter ie.. elev,aero,rudder,etc...throttle for failsafe settings in transmitter that would be great too.

Cheers

Batfire
My blog follows so you can see setup.
www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=293281
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 22:31 by Batfire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2014 22:40 #23862 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic DEVO 7 How too issue
Are you using Deviation? Since Deviation doesn't support the Devo7, I assume not. While there are folks here who may know the answer, most of use are running the Deviation firmware (where there answer to your question will be very different)

More
03 Jun 2014 00:52 - 03 Jun 2014 00:54 #23864 by Batfire
Replied by Batfire on topic DEVO 7 How too issue
I am grasping at straws for an answer since I have already hit all the normal forums. Answer is no I am not using deviation software. I have both a straight Devo 7 and a Devo 10 unit. The reason I hit this forum is because you guys know the inner workings of the Devo radios. I cant think of a more knowledgeable forum for an answer to this issue.

Cheers

Batfire
Last edit: 03 Jun 2014 00:54 by Batfire.

More
03 Jun 2014 01:12 #23866 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic DEVO 7 How too issue
Moved to the proper category.

The failsafe on the Devo radio is sent realtime, so if failsafe is enableds, it should update on the Rx. Note that failsafe only supports 8 channels, so on a 12ch Rx, I don't thnk there is any mechanism to set failsafe on the upper 4 channels.

I have only personally verified the lower 6 channels with failsafe, so I am not 100% sure that 7 and 8 work, but they are in the data sent from tx to rx.

More
03 Jun 2014 04:37 - 03 Jun 2014 04:43 #23870 by Batfire
Replied by Batfire on topic DEVO 7 How too issue
Hi ,

Ok, yes when I manually hit the gear switch that I have setup for failsafe that is correct that the copter goes into failsafe mode. But this is not occurring on copter when I shut off transmitter. Copter RX802 does not seem to recognize that it has lost the transmit signal and put copter into failsafe mode. I have even tried binding in failsafe to make RX802 recognise failsafe and that does not work either. I really am not sure what I am doing wrong. The Devo 7 in par.3.18 talks about the failsafe but does not get into the real data needed to set failsafe for loss of signal with wording that makes any real sense. If you get my drift. It is more about the fix id than real failsafe signal loss.

Thanks for assistance I will try some other sources and see if I can find the answer.

Cheers

Batfire
Last edit: 03 Jun 2014 04:43 by Batfire.

More
03 Jun 2014 05:07 #23872 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic DEVO 7 How too issue
At 'SAFE' page press R or L to select FailSafe mode, then press DN to enter FailSafe interface, then use R or L to enter failsafe value. Press DN to set other channel.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds