Need Help Bad

More
09 May 2015 04:34 #32281 by Gray
Need Help Bad was created by Gray
So i started flying a while ago and my skills are good on 4 channel and 6 channel and 3d mode on sims (not real helis yet). I bought a Walkera mini cp with devo 7 tx and flew it a little while and decided to flip it into 3d mode (just like i have on sims) and at mid stick it had negative throttle and shot down to the ground. i looked at a few videos online and thought i could fix the problem through a setting in the tx. Now it barlet flies, and when i give it full thrttle it boggs down and i was wondering what should my pitch curve and throttle curve settings be for me? i have seen many people flying this heli, stock 3d but they have never shown the settings on the remote. someone please help me out!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2015 04:59 #32282 by Gray
Replied by Gray on topic Need Help Bad
i know that the helis in the sim had like crazy settings and parts. i could flip and spin a heli like it was no ones business and i also had a usb controler for it.

More
10 May 2015 01:35 #32322 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Need Help Bad
The main rotor drive shaft has slipped. This is a common occurrence on the Mini CP (among others) after a crash. You can fix it by holding the bottom and top of the drive shaft, and pushing them together.

As for your initial problem with going into 3d mode, your heli wasn't set up properly. This is one of the features of a simulator - everything is perfectly tuned and trimmed. Whether this is a feature or a curse depends on how you're feeling at the time.

To fix this, you need to get the heli properly set up. Some of this you can deal with in the Tx, as you can adjust the various curve to move the end and center points of around to compensate for the heli set up. But the less you have to do that, the better it will fly. There are lots of videos and tutorial on how to set up a CP heli. I l ike the stuff from rchelicopterfun.com, but that's not the only good choice.

Two notes:

Don't worry about blade balance if the props are in good shape,. The blades on heli's this small don't weigh enough to create a problem.

The throttle curve in 3d mode should be flat. A lot of people recommend a V shape, which is correct for fuel-powered helis but not electric. A fuel engine changes engine RPM depending on the load. So a flat curve would have a higher RPM with pitch values near 0, and you need to account for that. Electric motors only change RPM with input voltage, so that correction isn't needed, and you want the curve flat.

I could give you my Mini CP config, but it's meant for practicing scale flying rather than aerobatics, and is for the 6S not the 7E so the the switches would all be wrong.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds