DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!

More
05 Nov 2017 22:44 #65558 by cnumb
Okay, I bought a DEVO 10 transmitter with deviation 5 firmware. I want to restore original walkera firmware instead of deviation! Please, help me !.

I've already have an other Devo10 with original firmware and a lot of model profiles.

I've done everything, but finally there are two possibilities: 1.) with or without formatting memory card, it is impossible to setup devo 10 firmware 0.7 + Lib 2, that is, the result is that there are black or unreadable symbols on screen. 2.) devention 5 setup is always succesful and fully fubctional.

I use dfuse usb upgrade tools 2.31 and a direct usb cable with PC.

Thanks, ind advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2017 22:58 #65560 by mwm
I'm not sure what you mean by "memory card". If you're talking about the USB disk that deviation presents to the PC, the only thing that's used for is storing deviation configuration data, Nothing you do it it will affect the firmware in any way.

Reinstalling both the library & dfu file for the original software with 2.31 should do the trick. I've not done it with a 10, but it worked fine for a 6. So either 1) the hardware has been modded in a way that makes it incompatible with devention, or 2) you're doing something wrong.

For 1, check with whoever you bought it from.

For 2, provide a detailed list of the steps you took to install the devention dfu & library. The more detail, the better.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Nov 2017 23:42 #65562 by cnumb
Okay,

I've read all available infos.

The situation is the following:

1. TX memory -as a drive- can be seen only when deviation firmware is installed. If so, I can format that memory as a "drive".

2. Other ways I can connect TX to pc only as a DFU device. I use devention DfuSe Upgrade tool 2.31. This way, I can setup .dfu files, either DEVO-10 Fw v0.7A.dfu or deviation-devo10-v5.0.0.dfu, regarding which firmware I choose.

3. When installing deviation 5, in SECOND STEP, I use USB connection and copy all files and folders from template (language, layout,... etc.) When finished, TX works well with devention 5.

4. When installing devention 0.7, I can only use DfuSe Upgrade Tool to upgrade DEVO-10 Lib v0.2.dfu file. In this case I have no direct connection to TX memory (as a drive) so that I cant load any other file.

So, something is going wrong: upgrading TX as a DFU device, using DeFuse Upgrade Tool 2.31 with these files leads to an abnormal state.

More
06 Nov 2017 07:08 - 06 Nov 2017 07:09 #65570 by FDR
The most common mistake is when one presses upload in the DfuSe instead of UPGRADE.
Upload ruins the dfu file, so you need a fresh copy of it first...
Last edit: 06 Nov 2017 07:09 by FDR.

More
06 Nov 2017 10:24 #65574 by cnumb
Oh man, you are a great god! That was it! First I also used uploading function instead of the second row. Never heard that an upload damages the source file! Thanks!!!!!

More
06 Nov 2017 11:41 #65575 by FDR
That function meant to "upload" the program in the STM32 controller to the PC into a selected DFU file, but since the STM32 is read protected it fills the DFU up with all 0xFFs...

More
06 Nov 2017 12:40 #65579 by cnumb
Ridiculous... and annoying.

More
08 Feb 2022 14:45 #77820 by jfitz66
Replied by jfitz66 on topic DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!
I know this thread is super old but hoping someone can help me! I recently purchased a spare DEVO10 White and it has the Deviation Firmware on it. I really would like to restore it to the factory firmware. Many of the links I come across are old and or broken. Can anyone direct me to the what exactly I need to get this radio back to Devention Firmware? I am fairly certain I have the Dfuse software on an old laptop but the library file eludes me. Any and all help would be appreciated! Absolutely love these radios for my planes and really don't want to go through the learning curve to program a model with Deviation.

Big Thank yous in advance!!!!

More
08 Feb 2022 16:02 #77824 by hexfet
Should be able to get the firmware files from the sites linked here . Have never flashed the old firmware so can't help with that.

More
08 Feb 2022 16:04 #77825 by jfitz66
Thanks, will give that a shot!

More
11 Feb 2022 16:45 #77830 by jfitz66
And where does one get the sound pack or is that part of the firmware download. Decided to keep Deviation butninhavebV. 4.0.3 and was going to upgrade to V 5.0. Would be nice to have the the voice prompts like the Taranis someone just gave me.

More
11 Feb 2022 23:12 #77832 by hexfet
The Devo10 needs a hardware mod for voice. Maybe the one you got already has it?

All the info is on this page .

More
26 Mar 2022 08:10 #77924 by pezza2
Hi
I'm new to this forum , I have 6 x Devo10 transmitters ,I have tried to use use use the dfuse 2.31 upgrade tool on all of them but it isn't recognized on any of them. I'm using windows10. I have followed all instructions regarding connection but still no luck.
Can any one help , please?

More
26 Mar 2022 12:04 #77925 by jfitz66
The software isn't recognized or you don't see the devo as a drive when connecting to the software? Maybe you have a bad cable. Its happened to me.

More
28 Mar 2022 06:49 #77927 by pezza2
Problem solved, Upgrade tool wasn't going into DFU mode and was unable to see tx. Uninstalled all of the tool and reinstalled fresh 2.31 upgrade tool and downloaded fresh original firmware .8A and lib 2.
When I did this awhile back something went wrong and the screen was unusable , file must have been corrupted.
All good now thanks for your response

More
17 Aug 2022 03:57 #78044 by otterslide
Replied by otterslide on topic DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!
I'm also trying to get my Devo10 back to stock firmware and I'm unable to.
I flashed every possible FW Version, followed by Lib at the same time. FW 0.4 with Lib 0.1 , FW 0.6 with Lib 0.1, and FW 0.8A with Lib 0.2,
and it never boots. Tried multiple times, and then press "Leave FDU Mode" , with DFuse 2.3 .

Every time I click leave, it shows a screen that says "Devention Version Error" and keeps rebooting. Remove battery, plug back, same thing.
With 0.6 it says "Model Select" and keeps rebooting instead of Version Error.

I installed DeviationTX 5.0.0 DFU back and copied filesystem, and it's working again, but how can I get stock firmware back?
It is a Devo 10, I wonder what this "Version Error" means?

More
17 Aug 2022 17:06 #78045 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!
Unfortunately I can't help reprogramming the stock firmware, but maybe you can find the help you need under the two links:

walkera-fans.de/downloads/

walkera-fans.de/walkera-update-anleitungen/

If necessary, you can have the sites translated:

translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=de&op=websites

More
17 Aug 2022 17:14 #78046 by otterslide
I did exactly what's shown on that page, click Firmware, select firmware file, click upgrade. Then click Library, select library file, click upgrade.
Click Leave DFU, it restarts, but does not boot.
That's the "upgrade" procedure. I wonder if going from Deviation to Devention is the same procedure. Maybe I need to clear out some Deviation files first?
The firmware and library get uploaded, but that's not good enough. But the Deviation DFU works fine, so that confirms the "upgrade" button is actually working.

More
17 Aug 2022 18:49 #78047 by jfitz66
Its been a long time but I seem to recall the procedures are not the same for Devention and Deviation. I can't remember the details but pretty sure I caught a post about that somewhere in this thread.

More
17 Aug 2022 21:00 #78048 by otterslide

jfitz66 wrote: Its been a long time but I seem to recall the procedures are not the same for Devention and Deviation. I can't remember the details but pretty sure I caught a post about that somewhere in this thread.

Deviation requires flashing the FW first, then reboot and plug in, then formatting the drive and then copying the filesystem files.

Devention as far as I know, requires flashing the FW and Lib files one after the other,.. this is what I'm doing anyway, and it's not working.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds