Hubsan x4 (H107) Support

More
29 Nov 2012 00:10 - 29 Nov 2012 00:40 #3383 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic Hubsan x4 (H107) Support

heliaddict wrote: Not sure why they put it in expert mode before calibrating. I have tried in both modes and it works so not sure if it really makes any difference?

Thanks for your answer :cheer:

Yes that was the video I was referring to. I thought that maybe they do the calibration in high rates to somewhat set the gyro mode. Something like tell the quad what the full travel is, then it would not allow flipping if the stick travel is less than x% of what was detected during calibration. Again, I may be thinking too much ...

I must say the the accelerometer does work extremely well on this quad and I personally prefer it over the Ladybird. It flips fast and in very tight spaces and also recovers very quick. Its very impressive especially for the low cost.

Mine is coming in tomorrow, looking forward to it after your comments and all the good stuff I read about that little thing. I literally love my ladybird so I guess this will be great!

Sad thing to have to get another useless Tx that will end up in the bin, sad for the environment and sad for my wallet as well!
Last edit: 29 Nov 2012 00:40 by rototophe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2013 23:13 #6027 by Joshua
Replied by Joshua on topic Hubsan x4 (H107) Support
The Revell QG 550 works fine with Hubsan x4 config and ‘A7105-500m’ module.

www.revell-control.de/quadrocopter/neu-m...xs-series-rtf4chghz/
Attachments:

More
29 Oct 2013 02:06 #15104 by jazzjohn
Replied by jazzjohn on topic Hubsan x4 (H107) Support
Could someone explain the option(s) for getting the new Estes ProtoX quad to work with Deviation? I know the quad uses the Husban protocol since I read someone got it to work with a Husban transmitter.

Exactly what module do I need... still the A7105-500m as mentioned 8 months ago?

Also, if a module is added can it peacefully coexist with the stock Devo module and does the Deviation firmware turn off one when the other is in use? I am a little unclear of the overview for multiple modules.

Thanks.

More
20 Nov 2013 19:49 #15708 by jazzjohn
OK, here's a more directed question...

Would this module work in a Devo 6 to control a Hubsan X4 quad?

Thanks.

More
20 Nov 2013 23:20 #15711 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Hubsan x4 (H107) Support
It should, but it is very range limited. It does not have Power Amplifier, and can have range up to 30 meters or so. May be less.

More
20 Nov 2013 23:50 #15712 by jazzjohn
Yes, the low power won't be a problem with my Proto X which I can only see closer than about 13 meters. However, if a power-amp equipped module (like this one ) is used, I assume the firmware disables it when on a different protocol to conserve power, correct?

If that's the case, then it does make more sense to use the higher-output module.

More
21 Nov 2013 00:20 #15713 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Hubsan x4 (H107) Support
Not exactly. You should set the module as having Power Amplifier, and then for a given model you can reduce power yourself.

Power conservation should not be that essential - 100mW module theoretically can run from 5v 20mA, or 3.3v 33mA. Usually some losses means that it is more close to 3.3V 40-50mA. Linear power supply used in Devo dominates these power losses with big margin, so if you're power conscious you should care more about enhancing Devo's power electronics than reducing power of your radio.

More
21 Nov 2013 01:49 - 21 Nov 2013 01:56 #15714 by jazzjohn
My only concern is that the firmware communicates to any module that is not being used and puts it in standby mode or turns its power to zero (or whatever the lowest output is.) I would guess the firmware does work this way, but am not sure.

I am not concerned about the linear power supply losses since I get good transmit time with Ni-MH batteries.

Edit: Just found the answer here .
The transmit function is inhibited when Hubsan is not selected. As it should be!
Last edit: 21 Nov 2013 01:56 by jazzjohn. Reason: new information

More
09 Jun 2015 01:18 #33675 by willpc
Replied by willpc on topic Hubsan x4 (H107) Support
Just picked up one of these at a radio shack going out of business for 70% off lol. I think it was like 15 bucks after tax. Anyways, can I bind this model to my devo 7e? Thanks!

More
09 Jun 2015 02:49 #33680 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Hubsan x4 (H107) Support
You need an A7105 module installed, and the protocol is "Hubsan". Lots of model.ini files around for it, and you can also use anything that works with the Proto X (but not Proto X SLT).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds