Devo 10 loses control randomly?

More
24 Jul 2015 08:44 #35890 by masav71
Devo 10 loses control randomly? was created by masav71
Hi!
Reason to change to deviation firmware was that i tried to make devo 7e to control v120d02s copter...i tried that thru walkera official site, but i cant make contact with computer(win7) transmitters at all,,,,with Deviation it makes the contact immediately(devo 10 and 7e).---and for now on seems more clearer and better/stabil ...ok good..

Reason to try to control my v120d02s copter with another transmitter(devo 7e) , is that i think that the original devo 10 i broken someway...

-I bought v120d02s with devo 10 1,5years ago---and quite at the beginning copter randomly looses control, and its not possibly to control, comes evently down..but i think that it does not lose bind at that moment? because just after crash controls works fine and i can usually start fly again(if anything is not broken..)......and if battery connection is failed(typical fault?), i think that the transmitter beebs and starts over(never happened)--

-i Bought another v120d02s copter(was cheaper than the spareparts)----and same problems occurs randomly, recently in every flight, ---sometimes close (20m) and sometimes far (50M) can fly and control 1-4 min and then becomes uncontrollable...both copters same failure...

now when i managed to put Deviation soft to my devo 10 i flow super cp indoon, and at the start it was fine, but after couple minutes it started doing weird behevior.....with devo 7e original software works ok---i put deviation soft to devo 7e..works ok also----with devo 7e controlling v120d02s works fine indoor(today i will test outdoor , if no rain in Finland...)

so my conclusion is that Devo 10 was broken at quite new, and the broblem has gone bad.......what do you think of this? ---can it be repaired/diagosed?--or should i buy new one?

-Matti-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2015 10:06 - 24 Jul 2015 10:17 #35898 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
If all your gimbals (pots) working fine at any direction and the wiring has not become weak at some point, try this............
www.banggood.com/Walkera-WK-DEVO-S-MOD-U...8S-12S-p-922596.html
But first of all, you should examine this with your pc, using the usbhid protocol at the Devo and the USBHID configurator on your system.
Try this for some minutes and make sure there are no dropouts.

Edit: ...and examine the Ufl plug at the rf modul, it should be firmly fixed.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 24 Jul 2015 10:17 by aMax.

More
25 Jul 2015 03:37 #35941 by Block137
Replied by Block137 on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
Everything you described is the same as my 2-years old DEVO10

More
25 Jul 2015 08:06 - 25 Jul 2015 08:10 #35946 by masav71
Replied by masav71 on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
what did you do to Devo to fix it? Should i brake it apart and check if some wires etc. are damaged? or try that control module as suggested?

I thought that the possible failure is the antenna, because there is stretch join , unlike in devo 7e where it is solid?

I have blamed copter bad-batteries,RX-modules, my phone in pocket while i`m steaming internet radio when flying---no logig.

and the time when copter loses control varies, 1-5 min.--Earlier copter started to go round anti clock wise..and eventually down....resently i flow toward of me and suddenly copter nose went down ...and crash....

couple months ago my dog dropped devo10 to floor, and flightswitch went broke, ,,afterward copter/TX worked same way, no change....then after few weeks i changed mix switch(that i dont feel to need at the quitxebeginning) to the flight switch place--ok---works ok----but maybe that control broblem is bigger , often than earlier....besides that TX dropping the TX has not experienced any damage at all in its history.

-Matti-
Last edit: 25 Jul 2015 08:10 by masav71.

More
25 Jul 2015 08:10 #35947 by oxburg
Replied by oxburg on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
I have same problem in Devo 7. Lost bind randomly with my GCP.
So is it possible to fix using the WK-21201RF ( w/ tele), since mine ori is non tele version of module.
Thanks.

More
25 Jul 2015 14:43 - 25 Jul 2015 14:47 #35962 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
BTW: What firmware version is on your Devo 10?
Have you had a test with DeviationTX nightly-build from downloads section (from new team repository)?
There have been some DSMx telemetry monitor improvements as well as.

Why don't you get a genuine Spektrum receiver with DataPort and use TM1100/TM1000 or Spektrum FlightLog box.

You can then use DSMx (or DSM2) protocol and do range tests on 100uw/300uw/1mw output power and test how far you get.

By checking
- FrameLosses (best 0, 10-20/30, >40)
- Hold (0)

numbers you will be able to really range test your HF module.

e.g Spektrum AR6210 up to ~62m distance on 1mw with
- Fades A/B or L < 80 / <40 (just an indicator on DSMx how each receiver antenna has best reception)
- FrameLosses <20-30
- Holds 0

There are some informations written down by Spektrum/HorizonHobby on TM1000 / FlightLog manuals.

Have you tried replacing your Devo 10 antenna yet?

Maybe the cable in the middle of the antenna is corrupted?
I had to replace on my Ex-DX8 the antenna multiple times.

Changing the Devo8s module (with telemetry) might be another option / try.

Thomas
Last edit: 25 Jul 2015 14:47 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
25 Jul 2015 20:31 - 25 Jul 2015 20:32 #35975 by masav71
Ok...Thanks Thomas..sound like lots of wise words to me....i can fly cp copter rather well(no upside down) , but i have lots of thing to learn about terms and other stuff...

what means:

nightly build? ....have you made them at night time?

firmware version in devo? --i just put Deviation software to devo...does it update all information in devo? or is there still separetely firmware?

Mix switch? what does it do? i have the switch mechanically broken(where i can find new one?)--what it is needed for, and does it harm that now tx says that it is in "1" position`?

i havent changed antenna--maybe it is good to open carefully tx and check wires?

-Matti-
Last edit: 25 Jul 2015 20:32 by masav71.

More
26 Jul 2015 05:12 - 26 Jul 2015 05:19 #36009 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
@Matti: early genuine Devo10 firmwares from walkera were known for frequent connection dropouts when telemetry was enabled. This seems to have been an issue in DeviationTX 4.0.1, too, although I cannot confirm (currently have a white Devo10 here, the antenna has a different directional characteristic than the black version). You might try deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/1...mx-telemetry-updates - I did, and it's more reliable than the official 4.0.1 which tended to crash in certain situations (e.g. when enabling telemetry and trying to configure telemetry without power cycling the TX first). Checking antenna connection probably is a good idea, too. In order to run test- or nightly-builds you have to edit your tx.ini and remove [modules] section in case you previously used the official 4.0.1, as [modules] now resides in hardware.ini

---
Last edit: 26 Jul 2015 05:19 by ThomasC.

More
26 Jul 2015 15:31 #36054 by masav71
okay....stupid question....i have heard and read quite often word "telemetry"---what it means? do i have to use it? what are the benefits?

learning cp- copter world....

-Matti-

More
26 Jul 2015 17:06 #36065 by Thomas.Heiss
Indigos version of Devo/DSMx telemetry updates (protocol changes), the download link ThomasC supplied, is only a TEST version.
This means (very) EARLY developer (un-)test(ed) code.
IMHO major protocol changes, RX-TX code block changes to workaround possible deadlock (e.g telemetry reading forever) situations, etc.

Unfortunately there are not too many people around who already fly bigger planes/helis with these test versions.

Very nice firmware ongoing development which is good to be tested with small quads, EPP gliders / planes which are crash-proof to be tested for stable connection, telemetry, range, etc.

Same applies to the offical developer versions = nightly builds: www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/13-nightly-builds

I would not fly a 700er heli with one nightly-version if I hadn't it tested for a longer time with something smaller...

Telemetry:
If you want to learn more about Spektrum DSMx protocol and telemetry support and DeviationTX developer code changes (what works, has been improved or is still open to be tested) please take a view at this thread: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...sm-telemetry-support

I posted in this DSM telemetry support thread what nightly-build developer version I am on, my Spektrum equipment and that I was SUCCESSFULLY able to fly my 450er heli with it without any problems.

Nightly-build developer version (default=trunk) already incorporates some CYRF reset code (see commit log) as well as some DSMx Spektrum FlightLog enhancements. More pending code changes to come / to be merged in future from Indigos test version.

Spektrum Telemetry: www.spektrumrc.com/Technology/Telemetry.aspx
FlightLog: www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum-flight-log-spm9540
TM1000: www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM9548

More
26 Jul 2015 17:11 #36066 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
Telemetry is data sent back to your transmitter from the model. A good Tx will send back some kind of connection data (RSSI, counts of fades & holds, etc.) and the voltage the Rx is seeing.

Both of these are good things to have. One warns you if you're loosing radio reception, and the other makes a nice battery alarm if your model doesn't have one, or has one you can't see from a distance.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
03 Aug 2015 16:35 #36503 by masav71
so is my v120d02s sending some data to tx while flying?---i thought that the only thing to communicate that direction is to buy temperature sender cable(what can i do whit it?)---how i can make voltage alert?
-Matti-

More
03 Aug 2015 16:43 #36506 by ThomasC
V120d02s with RX2636H-D and firmware v1.1 does have telemetry. RX2622V-D and RX2636H-D with firmware v2.0 don't. In order to use voltage alert see DeviationTX instructions.

Have success :)

---

More
04 Aug 2015 19:00 - 04 Aug 2015 19:15 #36555 by masav71
i have RX2636H-D TX--how i know whitch firmware i have in it?

and the control loss broblem was not in Devo10......same problems with Devo7e

i just flow 6 minutes doing 8 figure and others- no proplems.....but then....v120d02s suddenly started going ACC, not fast spinning, but going "round", and eventually down, binding not lost.(i have never seen it losing bind)

and before that i flow with another v120d02s 1 battery ok, ,,,second few minutes ok, but then going round Acc and down.

when it does that rudder does not affect at all,,,and aileron elevator is doing maybe something, but totally lost controll...throttle works, but maybe not pitch.

so what is not affecting to problem:
- my cell phone,+bluetooth mic
-software/adjustments in tx--(deviation/walkera devo 10 devo 7e)- same thing
- batteries--i have 950mah and original 600mah- same thing.

what can affect:
- servos...i have changed them from copter to copter in history- and changed gears, bought new ones...--how i can test servos?
--tail servo is making vibrations, noise, heatens when you move copter((when it is stationary it is silent)
---the problem seems to me that some cyclic servo is jammed or something, .
-.last crash right cyclic servo was off its place, but i thought is went in crash(this happened sometimes),,,but previous crash all servos were fine and i continued flying right away
--last crahs also tail was missing(never happened before), only tail boom and shaft remains..--i havent found them, i think it needs lots of power to take it off, ...i havent chekked scruvs lately...but if it drops in air(is it possible?) copter stars spinning fast?not happened, only softly going round.

-but if its servo problem..why always same thing - ACC, if different servo is jammed i think it is doing different ---maybe its rudder, but if it fails in flight , i think copter starts spin fast , not 6m diameter rounds?----in tails there is some broblems, usually when i move throttle stick up fast tail holds , but one flight it started to turn Acc- i mowed rudder servo littlebit front, then tail holds ok.

--or both rx has same failure due from many crashes in history when i learned to fly...

--moon position is jamming copter....

please help....
Last edit: 04 Aug 2015 19:15 by masav71.

More
04 Aug 2015 20:36 #36556 by ThomasC
Firmware in RX cannot be determined because only bootloader version is read by UP02 upgrade tool. You can try to activate telemetry in TX though - if it works, it's v1.1.

Have success :)

---

More
15 Aug 2015 16:10 #36917 by masav71
Any comment about my broblem? how to test servos?

-Matti-

More
16 Aug 2015 07:11 - 16 Aug 2015 07:12 #36938 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
If all you want to do is test the servos, you can buy (or build if your an arduino or similar hacker) a servo tester for a few dollars. It will put the servos through their paces so you can verify functionality.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2015 07:12 by mwm.

More
16 Aug 2015 07:43 #36943 by masav71
ok.
I Made lots of thinking and i think that the problem is tail-related.
-every time it starts going acc, not fast and sharp but large diameter rounds.
when it has started this behavior during flight, rudder seemd not working at all. . after crash when i spin from rudder main blades not mowing, but when i spin from main blades rudder is mowing, when i spin fast it does not follow speed. ---so i think it is making some resistance anyvay.

is it typical fault that rudder gears are stripped or damaged during flight randomly? is it so fragile? what can i do

-Matti-

More
17 Aug 2015 12:52 #36974 by Thomas.Heiss
Difficult to say what goes wrong. I hardly understand the text error descriptons :(

Yes, V120D02s tail gears easily strip (hole goes round).
I think it is called gear C. It is the gear connected to the torque tube.
Walkera constructed it that the TT (flat area at the end) does NOT FIT the complete hole. It fits only about ~50%.
If it does not go round there (gear C) the main gear A/B may (however it is called on the Walkera) strip.

The other problem is the WK03-04 tail servo. It is not really that good.
If you try severals, you may find one which works reliable (at least for a short time)
I could not get it realiable working on a ZYX FBL. Tail gyro gains are only ~12-14% HH.
My WK03-4 poti failed too!
I would recommend to upgrade the servo.

I have plans to use Spektrum DS76T (0.03sec / 6V) together with the Lynx universal servo holder.
I know that the DS76T even works on 4503D/450X quite good.

More
17 Aug 2015 13:37 - 17 Aug 2015 13:38 #36977 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic V120D02S tail

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Yes, V120D02s tail gears easily strip (hole goes round).
I think it is called gear C. It is the gear connected to the torque tube.
Walkera constructed it that the TT (flat area at the end) does NOT FIT the complete hole. It fits only about ~50%.

This is not fully correct. First V120D02s-New I bought had perfect fit. Second one had slightly longer tail boom, so tail shaft did not completely fill the C gear hole. Take a file, shorten the tail boom cautiously, and voila: the tail shaft is no longer too short to completely fill the C gear. Add Ben Lee's slipper clutch, and your V120D02S-tail becomes nearly indestructible ;)

Sorry for offtopic...

---
Last edit: 17 Aug 2015 13:38 by ThomasC.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds