Devo 10 loses control randomly?

More
17 Aug 2015 19:25 #36996 by masav71
Replied by masav71 on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
Thanks Thomas x2 !
--tail servo is bad quality like all servos in this copter, i think it works as a new , but after first crash it starts acting ,unreliably, making noise and little movement when it should be doing nothing.---i have been seeking better servos to replace all servos, but there is many choices and instructions to modify them little or lot.

- i ordered couple days ago Livonia Bob,s slipper clutch---interesting to see how it works...another choice is that Bens clutch.

-Matti-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2015 19:32 - 17 Aug 2015 19:35 #36997 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
Tail servo (to be more precise: the pot) is not very durable, that's sad truth. Swashplate servos are good, though. Some people modify their tail and use swashplate servo there. Swashplate and tail are both driven with 300 Hz, so there's no problem in doing so.

Until now I kept the original, but someday I will be modifying my V120D02s tail servo, too.

Livonia Bob's version doesn't fit to the D02s tail. Seems to be constructed for the D02 without "s".

Have success :)

---
Last edit: 17 Aug 2015 19:35 by ThomasC.

More
19 Aug 2015 00:47 #37024 by livonia bob
Replied by livonia bob on topic Devo 10 loses control randomly?
You are confused. My slipper clutch fits 4#6, 4G6, and all the different V120 models including the "S" you just have to tell me which model you have when ordering. It's Bens clutch that only fits the "S" model.

More
19 Aug 2015 08:31 #37026 by ThomasC
@Bob: I didn't plan to offend you. I refer to the version I bought from you back in 01/2013 (transparent spacer way too thick, locked up C gear) - possibly you changed the design since then?

---

More
19 Aug 2015 12:48 - 19 Aug 2015 12:53 #37030 by livonia bob

ThomasC wrote: @Bob: I didn't plan to offend you. I refer to the version I bought from you back in 01/2013 (transparent spacer way too thick, locked up C gear) - possibly you changed the design since then?

There are just two different ones. The original one uses a longer tubing because the C gear is thinner. The "S" uses a shorter tube as the C gear is thicker. You must of ordered the incorrect one for your model. It was confusing back then as not everyone knew how important it is to include the "S" in the model number if that's what you have. You should of let me know and I would of sent you the proper size tubing.

Another thing that happened back then was Walkera started adding that little tit on the back of the B gear which you must remove for the clutch to fit with out hitting the B gear as per the instructions.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2015 12:53 by livonia bob.

More
19 Aug 2015 14:40 #37037 by ThomasC
Topic I chose was "V120D02s slipper clutch available?" when I ordered your version, I still have the mails you sent me on jan-20-2013 (mails I sent you have gone, though). Possibly you still have them, too?
I also still have your version of the clutch, but currently don't need it, as I have benmlee'd my two D02s in the meantime. Would be nice to have it as a backup. You still have my adress?

---

More
19 Aug 2015 15:44 - 19 Aug 2015 16:09 #37040 by livonia bob

ThomasC wrote: Topic I chose was "V120D02s slipper clutch available?" when I ordered your version, I still have the mails you sent me on jan-20-2013 (mails I sent you have gone, though). Possibly you still have them, too?
I also still have your version of the clutch, but currently don't need it, as I have benmlee'd my two D02s in the meantime. Would be nice to have it as a backup. You still have my adress?

I'm up at the cottage so can not go back years and check for your emails. But I did check PayPal and the order was for the "S" model so that's what I would of sent you. I'm guessing if you had a problem it was with the tit on the B gear not being removed as this will interfere with the tubing
clearance.
One thing I'm noticing is the gear Names you are using are wrong. The A gear is under the main drive gear on the TT the B gear is at the tail end of the TT and the C gear is the one that is on the tail shaft that has the blades on it. You strip the D hole on the C gear and trim off the tit on the B gear. The TT long D flat goes in the A gear and the short D flat fits in the B gear.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2015 16:09 by livonia bob.

More
19 Aug 2015 17:46 - 19 Aug 2015 17:48 #37043 by ThomasC
Ah, okay, I see. With A-gear i always refer to the driving part connected to main shaft (for the Walkera, A-Gear is part of the main gear). I must admit that I don't remember part of the instruction to modify what I call C-gear. See attached photos. This is the S version?

Photo1: on top the original. Below your version.

Photo2: benmlee'd version of D02s tail. Sorry for bad quality (mobile phone camera)

---
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Aug 2015 17:48 by ThomasC.

More
19 Aug 2015 18:04 #37044 by livonia bob

ThomasC wrote: Ah, okay, I see. With A-gear i always refer to the driving part connected to main shaft (for the Walkera, A-Gear is part of the main gear). I must admit that I don't remember part of the instruction to modify what I call C-gear. See attached photos. This is the S version?

Photo1: on top the original. Below your version.

Photo2: benmlee'd version of D02s tail. Sorry for bad quality (mobile phone camera)

Yes it looks like the "S" one to me. If you didn't follow the instructions and remove the tit on the back of the B gear it will not work.. As you are using the wrong gear names it's clear you didn't read the instructions where the gear names are explained so I'll guess you just didn't remove the tit there for you thought the tubing was to large.. The OD of the tubing is the same on either model just the length changes.

More
19 Aug 2015 18:11 #37045 by ThomasC
Ah, okay. So it was my fault - thanks for clarifying this. A big apology from my side for saying your clutch doesn't fit. The gear names I took from Ben Lee's instructions.

---

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds