Deviation model writing service?

More
10 Jul 2016 23:10 #51532 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Deviation model writing service?
That service is also for people who simply don't want to learn to program a transmitter. I get the impression that this isn't an uncommon attitude for users of commercial firmware, and that's why companies like horizon offer config files for all their models.

I don't plan on offering two model files. Instead, I'm going to create a table in the wiki for the models that get created this way - if any ever do. One table for each transmitter, with columns for model info (manufacturer, model name/variant), then a column for each switch on the transmitter saying what it does for this model file, and a link to the model file. A column of notes should do for the other analog inputs, buttons, or odd users of the sticks.

Since it's in the wiki, anyone will be able to add model files to it. Or even create the table if I don't.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2016 03:52 #51538 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic Deviation model writing service?
My final stance on this is i'd be fine as long as PB and maybe FDR are :)
Would like to help new users with explanations and files if possible

More
11 Jul 2016 07:58 #51542 by vmsdapad
Replied by vmsdapad on topic Deviation model writing service?

mwm wrote: That service is also for people who simply don't want to learn to program a transmitter. I get the impression that this isn't an uncommon attitude for users of commercial firmware, and that's why companies like horizon offer config files for all their models.

I don't plan on offering two model files. Instead, I'm going to create a table in the wiki for the models that get created this way - if any ever do. One table for each transmitter, with columns for model info (manufacturer, model name/variant), then a column for each switch on the transmitter saying what it does for this model file, and a link to the model file. A column of notes should do for the other analog inputs, buttons, or odd users of the sticks.

Since it's in the wiki, anyone will be able to add model files to it. Or even create the table if I don't.

Instead of a commented file as I suggested, something like an explanatory text file along the lines put forward by "robpur" in a couple of previous posts sounds more reasonable and less time consuming.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds