Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
06 Oct 2017 14:45 #64874 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic New TX from Banggood
Re MCU, point 9. Devos use STM32F103VCT6 - 100 pin MCU with 256K flash and 48K RAM. It has enough pins to support larger button matrix directly, without diodes used in Devo 7E hack and in this TX.

Radiolink AT9 uses even beefier STM32F103VET6, also 100 pin with 512K flash and 64K RAM.

They're physically larger, so I'm not sure it will be easy fit for such a small board - 125x40mm. Footprint of 100 pin MCU is 16.7mm, as opposed to 64 pin - 12.7mm. So maybe we're limited here by the size of the device.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2017 15:54 - 06 Oct 2017 15:57 #64880 by ridgerunner
Replied by ridgerunner on topic New TX from Banggood
So I hooked my bench power supply to my (1st batch) T8SG to determine its power requirements. (I have a 5-cell NiMh I'd like to use.)

The unit appears to function down to about 5.6V - going lower and the LCD goes out.

More importantly, the voltage monitor reading on the main display completely loses accuracy once the Vbatt drops below 7V. This means that the voltage for a 2S LiFe (and my 5-cell NiMh) will NOT be correctly measured (and thus, the low voltage alarm won't work - the voltage monitor reading actually starts going up as the true voltage drops down into the 6V range.)

:(

(am using Vlad's 2017-10-05 firmware)
Last edit: 06 Oct 2017 15:57 by ridgerunner. Reason: added my firmware version

More
07 Oct 2017 06:46 #64886 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood

PhracturedBlue wrote: My Tx is still stuck on the slow-boat, so I can't talk to the design, but I think Jumper should slow down a little. As I've said before, many iterations of the Tx is bad for us. It is hard to manage on the software side. First, we really need them to provide a method of detecting the hardware version (something stored in the bootloader probably). Next, I would then rather have them provide a list of specific features they plan to implement in the next revision that we could then discuss. I get the feeling they are over-eager here, and trying to appease everyone as quickly as possible is a recipe for disaster.

Thanks PB, I will let Jumper know this message.

More
07 Oct 2017 06:49 - 07 Oct 2017 06:49 #64887 by dc59

victzh wrote: @dc59 - I rescind my point 1 - leave controls as they are now.

No problem.

victzh wrote: Radiolink AT9 uses even beefier STM32F103VET6, also 100 pin with 512K flash and 64K RAM.

Is STM32F103VET6 a good choice for more powerful T8SG? if Jumper can put it in T8SG board.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2017 06:49 by dc59.

More
07 Oct 2017 14:17 - 07 Oct 2017 14:25 #64894 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic New TX from Banggood
I'd also vote for a T8SG that stays more or less as is, just fix the power circuit and support 4 NiMh batteries. Much differences within a series make it difficult to maintain all in one branch - and more branches for one name just add confusion...

For sure all these very interesting suggestion would hopefully find their way into a T10SG or something like that ;)
Last edit: 07 Oct 2017 14:25 by SirDomsen.

More
07 Oct 2017 16:29 #64898 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: Is STM32F103VET6 a good choice for more powerful T8SG? if Jumper can put it in T8SG board.

The VET6 is probably an ideal choice for a transmitter if there is room on the board. The 100 pin package should leave plenty of expandable I/O (either for Jumper to use or for users (assuming they pin out the unused pins), and has more ROM and RAM than we're likely to ever need. Honestly even the VDT6 (384k ROM) would be more than enough for anything we're likely to do, and may save a few cents. But again, while this is a nicety, I don't think Jumper should rush out and make a change. It's the kind of thing to include when doing a major revision in the future. I don't think the ROI is massively high (very few owners will ever take advantage of it)

More
07 Oct 2017 19:29 #64900 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood
We've had a lot of calls for scripting support, ala the Taranis. I've been looking into that, and adding a script engine to the 256k flash chip might be possible, but will leave us counting bytes again. A 384k flash chip would be more comfortable, but still require special builds to fit. Going to 512k would let us use off the shelf builds. All depending on the language, which is dictated by the requirements, and changing those can change things quite a bit.

I'd be tempted to look away from the f1 series to something heftier, like the l4 (low power) chips.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Oct 2017 20:09 #64903 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New TX from Banggood
STM32F103RET6 (512kb Flash/64kb SRAM). This one is in my U7E and works fine as per instruction Silpstream.

More
08 Oct 2017 00:25 - 08 Oct 2017 00:26 #64908 by PhracturedBlue
@Fenandez,
We're talking about a higher pin-count chip than the R-series to provide additional I/O.

@mwm, I haven't looked at the L4 much, but there is an additional effort to port to a cortex M4. If I recall the API to much of the hardware is quite different, so most of the hardware interface would need to be rewritten. I did some of that for the F2, but I'm not sure any of that would carry forward to the L4. Pricing of the L4 seems to be comparable to the F103 in the USA; not sure about China. I haven't looked at the I/O at all to know if it is appropriate.

@dc59: This is an example of not involving the Jumper guys too early. discussion among the community can result in wildly different ideas. Either the Jumper folks should be directly involved, or we should filter our requests once we have some sort of consensus, otherwise we are wasting their time.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2017 00:26 by PhracturedBlue.

More
08 Oct 2017 10:28 #64910 by dronero
Replied by dronero on topic New TX from Banggood
Hello everyone, I will soon receive this gearbest radio, I have several doubts about this:

1 Is it compatible to update the firmware 2017-10-05 of Vlad?
2 I think it has no box for the batteries, if I use lipo ... Does it have a low voltage alarm configurable Deviation?

Any advice will be welcome.
Thank you

More
08 Oct 2017 10:39 #64911 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic New TX from Banggood
1. Yes
2. Yes

More
08 Oct 2017 14:22 #64917 by PhracturedBlue
Once I get my Tx, I can probably tweak the existing bootloader to enable the screen. We'd need to flip it too which will be more complicated I think. Replacing the Walkera text with something better should be possible too. Or we could just completely replace the bootloader with an open-source one. I think there is value in being able to know that your Tx turned on and is in the bootloader.

More
08 Oct 2017 14:29 #64918 by dronero
Replied by dronero on topic New TX from Banggood
I do not modify anything of the firmware, I just want to follow the instructions of this video
... this is correct?

More
08 Oct 2017 18:58 #64922 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: 2. No battery compartment - battery touches RF module!
Jumper : It's only happen on developer's sample,it's their fault,they will ship battery compartment when they ship hall gimbals next time,but I need to know how many developers didn't get battery compartment.

Mine has one.

More
08 Oct 2017 19:23 #64923 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic New TX from Banggood
My sample also has the battery compartment already.

More
08 Oct 2017 20:25 #64925 by J.B.
Replied by J.B. on topic New TX from Banggood
Hello guys, it's arrived mine T8SG, but i have some problem...
I have a Tiny 6 with Futaba receiver, a Poke Fpv tiny Whoop and Hubsan 501SS;

It not bind to anyone..!

I have read that Poke FPV have same e010 compatibility, but it not work... somewhere they say that not; Yes or not..?
With Tiny 6 Futaba, i put it in S-FHSS but nothing bind...
With Hubsan nothing, but i thinlk that's because is 501SS that have the Board of 501A..?

Then, i seen that the antenna was very lose..!!
It's possible that it have cooked Transmitter...? I hope not!!

There's something for understand if it work or cooked..?

Thanks!

More
09 Oct 2017 03:56 - 09 Oct 2017 04:01 #64927 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
Do you try Hubsan protocol option "H501"? Press on protocol name and select "Format = H501".

With S-FHSS there is protocol option "Freq-Fine", try to bind with different values -127 to 127 with step about 10 or 20. If bound try to change "Freq-Fine" back and forth up to lose bind and find the optimum middle.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2017 04:01 by vlad_vy.

More
09 Oct 2017 05:58 #64930 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic New TX from Banggood
What about using this LED to let the user know that the bootloader has been entered? Perhaps something like fast blinking?

More
09 Oct 2017 06:10 #64931 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New TX from Banggood

dronero wrote: I do not modify anything of the firmware, I just want to follow the instructions of this video

... this is correct?

If your DFU driver is correctly installed (I advise to install the software V2.31 and install the driver by righ-click on the ".inf" file C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\Virtual comport driver\Win8 subfolder) .... just follow the basic steps of the video ...

More
09 Oct 2017 08:07 #64933 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: I don't think Jumper should rush out and make a change. It's the kind of thing to include when doing a major revision in the future. I don't think the ROI is massively high (very few owners will ever take advantage of it)

Thanks PB, I will let Jumper know all our discussion and let them wait for a while!

PhracturedBlue wrote: @dc59: This is an example of not involving the Jumper guys too early. discussion among the community can result in wildly different ideas. Either the Jumper folks should be directly involved, or we should filter our requests once we have some sort of consensus, otherwise we are wasting their time.

I have asked Jumper developer to register a Deviation forum account,but for some reason(I'm not really know what it is.) , They do not seem to have finished registering, I will push them to do it.

FDR wrote: Mine has one.

Thanks for reply.

goebish wrote: My sample also has the battery compartment already.

Got you! :)

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds