Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
05 Mar 2020 05:02 #76002 by sansjunk

vlad_vy wrote: It use "t8sg_v2" firmware. Both "t8sg_v2" firmware and "t8sg_v2_plus" firmware have the only difference - LCD or OLED driver.

I am confused about the above two firmware variants. I have the T8SG V2 Plus Carbon edition which actually has a regular LCD and not OLED. And if I remember correctly I think I had flashed the "t8sg_v2_plus" on it many months ago. I was now planning to update it to latest to get the power off long-press fix. So should I update with plus or not? Or is it that the plus firmware works on both OLED and LCD displays by detecting which one is present?

Also I have ordered the new JumperTX T8SG as backup radio (the one you have got). From your post as well as some negative reviews on BG I noticed that it has many issues? The product is back ordered and not yet shipped. I am wondering if it's worth getting it. Would be glad to know your experiences with it. Are you still having issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2020 06:02 - 05 Mar 2020 07:06 #76006 by vlad_vy
If you have T8SG Carbon with LCD display (black letters on white screen) you need use "t8sg_v2" firmware. OLED driver will not work with LCD, and vice versa. Some earlier T8SG V2 Carbon have OLED screen (white letters on black screen).

I can't recommend JumperTX T8SG, it has some quality problems - steel filings on gimbal magnets, stripped thread in gimbal mounting posts, gimbal magnets can be too close to Hall sensors (or stronger magnets???), trim buttons are loose at their places - good rattle if you need it (but work normally), ... and it has not voice module (as yellow Jumper T8SG V2 (Plus)).

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Mar 2020 07:06 by vlad_vy.

More
05 Mar 2020 07:40 #76007 by flowslinky
Replied by flowslinky on topic Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation
Heya, hopefully you/someone here might be able to help.

I have the v2 plus carbon edition (with LCD screen), but having some troubles updating the firmware.

Basically when I plugin the USB & power it on into DFU mode, it just loads the file system as a USB drive & it doesn't show up in the DeviationUploader.jar program... So far I've just updated what I can in the file system, but that means the .dfu file isn't updated to the latest, so I'm guessing I'm not actually running the latest firmware. I'm running OSX catalina if that helps...

Just added a crossfire micro module (and did the necessary hardware mods), I've bound my rx to the tx module but I'm not getting any stick/switch movements in betaflight so I'm thinking maybe I need to get the latest firmware running, CRSF protocol is set in my model setup but the firmware mismatch might be causing me issues maybe? just a guess.

More
05 Mar 2020 08:05 #76008 by vlad_vy
If transmitter powered into DFU mode, it can't show USB drive. Firmware update mode (DFU mode): press EXT + short press Power On.

More
05 Mar 2020 08:50 #76009 by flowslinky
Replied by flowslinky on topic Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation
ah I was pressing the wrong button, was holding enter/short press power (I'm sure thats what the instructions that came with it told me to do... anyway thanks!

Although now I've got another issue, after updating the dfu I went into the file system tab & tried to clean up a few files, after hitting sync this seems to have deleted everything & corrupted the file system or something.. now its not readable, tried reformatting to msdos-fat & copying over file system, but its still not turning on correctly. Then tried to do a full install from the install/upgrade screen.. but that just broke the formatting again...

what do I need to do? or have I just bricked my tx :\

More
05 Mar 2020 09:07 - 05 Mar 2020 09:09 #76010 by vlad_vy
Try T8SG custom build with "USB drive erase" procedure:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...rmat-usb-drive#75915

Then flash latest firmware and copy to USB drive filesystem from firmware archive.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2020 09:09 by vlad_vy.

More
05 Mar 2020 09:36 #76012 by flowslinky
Hmm now everytime I turn it on its in USB mode, without holding enter etc...
but at least the screen is working now, but can't get the tx to boot correctly, any ideas?

Thanks for your help btw

More
05 Mar 2020 09:54 - 05 Mar 2020 09:58 #76014 by flowslinky
what file system should I be formatting the drive to? Maybe that has something to do with it?
I don't have quick format available on osx, only Ex-FAT & MS-DOS...

Actually re-trying your USB drive erase then formatting 'master boot record' selected instead.. maybe that will help...

EDIT: That worked! Thanks heaps!! Just incase you help anyone else with this same problem, or anyone sees this in the future, you need to select MS-DOS & 'master boot record' when formatting the drive in OSX disk util
Last edit: 05 Mar 2020 09:58 by flowslinky.

More
05 Mar 2020 10:23 #76015 by vlad_vy
I don't think that 'master boot record' is required, it's for boot disk.

More
05 Mar 2020 10:25 #76016 by flowslinky
It definitely is, on OSX at least.. didn't have it selected the first time, wouldn't boot the tx correctly... tried it again with MBR selected, and it worked.

More
06 Mar 2020 19:58 #76035 by SirDomsen
Hi guys, sorry for jumping in.

I have a slightly OT question but hope it's OK to ask it here:

I want to use the tx module from a dead T8SG V1 in a Devo10. Not sure what to do with the pins called PE1 and PE2? From what I read in this thread here, I believe it's used for antenna switching? (How) are those pins wired in T8SG? Are they used? If so, how to wire/use those pins in the Devo10?

Tia

Domsen
Attachments:

More
07 Mar 2020 06:09 - 07 Mar 2020 06:15 #76038 by vlad_vy
It can't be used directly. PE1 and PE2 is for switching PA+LNA and antenna between RF chips. I think in T8SG there is chip that switching these lines. In "Devo 4in1" board also there is 8pin chip to switching these lines.

Truth table:
status______________________PE1_PE2
A7105 RF signal to antenna_____0____0
CC2500 RF signal to antenna____0____1
NRF24L01 RF signal to antenna__1____0
CYRF6936 RF signal to antenna__1____1

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Mar 2020 06:15 by vlad_vy.

More
07 Mar 2020 08:21 #76039 by SirDomsen
Thanks for your reply. Got it so far.

But based on which signals is the PE lines going to be switched, assuming the switch chip is a simple logic chip? Based on CS signals? Is the logic above valid for Devo 4in1 only or valid for the T8SG module as well?

More
07 Mar 2020 08:24 #76040 by vlad_vy
I don't know how it work. The logic is for 4in1 module, it used in both T8SG and Devo 4in1.

More
09 Mar 2020 11:07 #76056 by sansjunk

vlad_vy wrote: If you have T8SG Carbon with LCD display (black letters on white screen) you need use "t8sg_v2" firmware. OLED driver will not work with LCD, and vice versa. Some earlier T8SG V2 Carbon have OLED screen (white letters on black screen).

Thanks, that cleared up my confusion. Turns out I actually have the OLED screen and never realized it.

I can't recommend JumperTX T8SG, it has some quality problems - steel filings on gimbal magnets, stripped thread in gimbal mounting posts, gimbal magnets can be too close to Hall sensors (or stronger magnets???), trim buttons are loose at their places - good rattle if you need it (but work normally), ... and it has not voice module (as yellow Jumper T8SG V2 (Plus)).

Unfortunately BG has already shipped the TX. They had indicated that it will only ship in April so I thought I had some more time to cancel the order. Now I have no choice but to cross my fingers and hope that it functions satisfactorily. I will try my best to fix the known issues and put in a DF player mini board to enable voice. I hope the TX is reliable though since that's the most important thing!

More
11 Apr 2020 06:25 - 11 Apr 2020 06:33 #76178 by miaziol
Hello new board, speaker and place for SD card, everything what you need is small changes in ini and voice cammands works without any hardware changes.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Apr 2020 06:33 by miaziol.

More
10 May 2020 23:18 #76294 by Drons
Replied by Drons on topic New TX from Banggood
Hi
where did you get those covers.

Greetings from La Paz BCS Mexico.

More
11 May 2020 04:27 #76295 by Bug
I can't recommend JumperTX T8SG, it has some quality problems[/quote]

do you refer to all of them or to some editions, because, there are quiet some different ones on the market.

More
18 May 2020 17:40 #76331 by ramunas
There is only one version where the transmitter case is labeled "JumperTX" (all one word). This is a new manufacturer, not Jumper.XYZ which was the original manufacturer. At least the first batch of the new "JumperTX" had some issues.

More
18 May 2020 21:25 #76333 by Bug
Thank you. Missed this.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds