DEVO10 UI

More
09 Nov 2012 21:38 #2823 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic DEVO10 UI
Thanks suvsuv!
One more narrow save button is on the trim page... ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2012 22:46 #2824 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic DEVO10 UI
I've fixed that in my repo (which is now up to date with suvsuv's)

More
10 Nov 2012 01:37 - 10 Nov 2012 01:53 #2826 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic DEVO10 UI

FDR wrote: Thanks suvsuv!
One more narrow save button is on the trim page... ;)

np, changed already, also increase selectable items' width in the model setup page
The bug you mentioned in the monitor page was fixed yesterday. It is just not in PB's repo yet so you don't see the fix.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2012 01:53 by suvsuv.

More
10 Nov 2012 03:03 #2827 by PhracturedBlue
Everything in your repo is in mine. I made a few minor changes to how the bmp and enabletextselect are implemented, but nothing significant.

More
13 Nov 2012 21:02 #2927 by FDR
Found another narrow save button on the mixer reordering... ;)
BTW is there a function for the channel copy/reorder?

One comment to the new (and much better ;) ) Expo&DR page:
When switch 1 or 2 is not selected, there is no need to display the "Middle" and "Linked" things. Or if they must be there as a placeholder, then at least they shouldn't be selectable (or TabStop if you please), but be a simle label the cursor doesn't step on...

More
20 Nov 2012 14:11 #3022 by FDR
I'm already hesitating for a long time to make this post.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining, or attacking by any means, just want to sign a confusing/frustrating thing, which might bother other users too.

It is the scrolling in general, or rather the unconsistent scrolling behavior across the fw.

There are scrollable pages, which scroll by pages, and those that scroll by rows.
There are pages/menus, which do wrap around, when finished, but some do not.
The wrapped ones usually start with only the last item on the screen, when you start to go upward from the first item, instead of filling the page while standing on the last row. An obvious example is the main page config: if you start to scroll up, there would be the last item shown and selected, but it's label ("Menu 4:") is not yet displayed. Scroll one more, "Menu 4:" labels and the menu 3 box are visible, cursor is in the box, but now the label "Menu 3:" is missing...

Remembering the scroll position of a page might be useful for someone, but it often might be confusing too. For example on the (whitchever) mixer page is can be useful if I visit the same channel's mixer to edit the same value again, but if next time I open an other channel's mixer, it has no sense, but rather confusing.

(BTW on the mixer list I would simply dismiss the source and switch labels, and would simply display the two buttons (channel and mixer config) for the real channels, and the label plus mixer config button for the rest. The named first four will probably have the default source, and the source label would/might be wrong for the complex mixers and fixed functions anyway...
It would make the scrolling of the mixer list more clear.)

I know, it is not too important, because it works, and you even might not agree with me, but I just wanted to share my opinion for discussion...

More
20 Nov 2012 16:02 #3042 by FDR
I'm really interested in your opinion...
:unsure:

More
21 Nov 2012 12:24 #3078 by FDR
:(
A simple "don't care" or "shut up" would do...

More
23 Nov 2012 16:19 #3106 by suvsuv
The scrolling "issue" is not an issue but just your personal preference. Currently, there are over 20 devo10 users giving me feedbacks after trying about 10 beta releases, none of them complain it.
At this moment, I would rather focus my efforts to make the FW more reliable and stable. Many test-users report that the Expo&DR/Complex pages could lead to reboot when scrolling quickly and continuously, it is all because the template page is too complicated with many widgets in a page, I eventually might separate the template page from 1 to more pages .

Keep in mind that the pri-1 thing for a TX is reliable and stable, the last thing is the GUI.

More
02 Jan 2013 08:50 #4511 by Tom_ate
Replied by Tom_ate on topic DEVO10 UI
I am so happy with the DeViation for the Devo10, but I think one necessary feature from the Devo6/8Version of DeViation was not converted to the Devo10UI:

The Ability to copy Mixers from one Outpoot-Channel to another.

So if you for example change your Config from WK2801-Protokoll to DSM2-Protocoll, the Outputchannel-Positions of Elev and Throttle are changed (due to the protocol specifications).

But the Mixers remain where they were before (so Elev-Mixer is now on the Throttle-Outputchannel, and vice versa).

So the possibility of copying a Mixer to another Output-Channel would be great - or have I only missed that possibility option (at the moment the only chance I see is to do it via text editor on the PC)?

Kind regards,

Matthias

More
02 Jan 2013 16:52 #4519 by suvsuv

Tom_ate wrote: I am so happy with the DeViation for the Devo10, but I think one necessary feature from the Devo6/8Version of DeViation was not converted to the Devo10UI:

The Ability to copy Mixers from one Outpoot-Channel to another.

So if you for example change your Config from WK2801-Protokoll to DSM2-Protocoll, the Outputchannel-Positions of Elev and Throttle are changed (due to the protocol specifications).

But the Mixers remain where they were before (so Elev-Mixer is now on the Throttle-Outputchannel, and vice versa).

So the possibility of copying a Mixer to another Output-Channel would be great - or have I only missed that possibility option (at the moment the only chance I see is to do it via text editor on the PC)?

Does this feature work in Devo8/6? I just try it but I don't think Devo8/6 has the feature you mention above.

In the newly introduce Standard mode, I do implement this feature to copy setup when protocol is changed

More
02 Jan 2013 17:14 #4520 by FDR

suvsuv wrote: Does this feature work in Devo8/6? I just try it but I don't think Devo8/6 has the feature you mention above.

Yep, it is the up/down arrow button in the header of the mixer list page...

More
02 Jan 2013 17:14 #4521 by PhracturedBlue
yes, devo 6/8has a button at the top of the mixer page that allows reordering/copying channels

More
03 Jan 2013 06:53 #4551 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: yes, devo 6/8has a button at the top of the mixer page that allows reordering/copying channels

I see.I thought it is automatically done but now it turns out to be a manually re-ordering.
It is not hard to implement the logic in devo10, but there is no room to show the reordering button. So we need to figure out a way to switch between mixer-setup and reordering page.

More
03 Jan 2013 07:12 #4552 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic DEVO10 UI

suvsuv wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: yes, devo 6/8has a button at the top of the mixer page that allows reordering/copying channels

I see.I thought it is automatically done but now it turns out to be a manually re-ordering.
It is not hard to implement the logic in devo10, but there is no room to show the reordering button. So we need to figure out a way to switch between mixer-setup and reordering page.

In the mixer page, create a header called 'Mixer' and add a button called 'Reorder channels'. Make it so it's not selected by default when you enter this page.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
03 Jan 2013 07:16 #4553 by FDR
...or simply add a "Mixer order" item to the model menu.

More
04 Jan 2013 21:41 - 06 Jan 2013 17:31 #4677 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic DEVO10 UI
Hi,
This is a question probably for Sunvsuv ;)
I'm learning to develop some features for the Devo 10.
My first exercice was to display small icons of the switches status (like on the Devo 8 ) on the main screen.
Display the icons was easy. For that, no problems, just replaced the LabelBox by ImageOffset.

The second exercice was to make a page to configure this icons. Todo so I choosed to replace the LabelBox (SwitchX) by ButtonPlateText in the Main page config.

Once I click on button it open a (callback) new Page to select an icon (current icon is
shadowed)

The issue is when I want to select a new icon. On the first press, all icons are hidden but the highlighted (the first or the last depend of UP or DOWN was pressed),

(Why are other icons hidden?)
then I can move through the (hidden) icons, but only the previously highlighted icon and the highlited icon are visibles? All other are hidden :-(

... Any idea?

If the I press 'Enter', everything continue OK and the selected icon is well
recorded in the model.ini.

Thank for your help?

You can see what I've done on my repo :
bitbucket.org/destructionBlack/deviationdevo10

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 06 Jan 2013 17:31 by domcars0.

More
05 Jan 2013 08:36 - 05 Jan 2013 09:35 #4685 by suvsuv

domcars0 wrote: Hi,
This is a question probably for Sunvsuv ;)
I'm learning to develop some features for the Devo 10.
My first exercice was to display small icons of the switches status (like on the Devo 8 ) on the main screen.

Several issues:
1)You have to replace the action callback, otherwise, default action_cb of the main_config clears the logic view(though you don't use any logical view) inproperly for your case when the UP/DOWN is pressed
2)You implement _gui_hilite_selected specifically for the Image widget, which is bad as it breaks other widget's selection logic and can not clear unselected images. The redraw of selected/unslected should be implemented inside GUI_DrawImage()

Just put attached files into their correspongding folders, you will see how it works
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jan 2013 09:35 by suvsuv.

More
05 Jan 2013 09:52 - 05 Jan 2013 11:15 #4688 by domcars0
Thank you very much Sunvsuv, I will study your files.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 05 Jan 2013 11:15 by domcars0.

More
05 Jan 2013 11:15 - 05 Jan 2013 11:29 #4689 by domcars0
1) OK now I understand better how the buttons works (but the logic seems different in the Devo 8 (PB) implementation :-(
2) I agree that implement a specific hilite for the Image widget is not good
as it can not clear unselected images, but when you implement it in the gui/image.c, this change how the Devo8 images are highlited (look how icons are now highlited in the Devo8 toggle icons page.. not sure that Devo8 developpers will agree :sick: ) .
I think that implementation of how are highlited images in gui/128x64x1/_gui.c function _gui_hilite_selected() is not completly crazy, but it miss may be a
function for unselected items ?
For exemple in gui/gui.c
if (obj == objSELECTED)
        _gui_hilite_selected(obj);
else
	_gui_hilite_unselected(obj);
and implement a _gui_hilite_unselected(obj) function in the gui/<specific>/_gui.c

Last edit: 05 Jan 2013 11:29 by domcars0.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds