Devo7e work

More
14 Jan 2013 10:24 #5006 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work
Your absolutely awesome :cheer:
I found your documentation on how to take out A7105 from a v911 tx and its very well written.
Do you have the pin layout needed to put one in a 7e?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2013 13:17 #5011 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo7e work

Xermalk wrote: Your absolutely awesome :cheer:
I found your documentation on how to take out A7105 from a v911 tx and its very well written.
Do you have the pin layout needed to put one in a 7e?

No but it is 5 minutes work with a voltmeter to figure out. I'll add instructions once I've got a release out.

More
14 Jan 2013 15:47 #5017 by Xermalk
If theres a firmware out so i can revert the 7e id gladly help you test it with my mini, master cp, v939 and v911's.

More
14 Jan 2013 22:41 - 14 Jan 2013 23:48 #5026 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo7e work
I got a notification that there was a reply to my post, but it doesn't show up here? :huh:

Won't you mind the 10mW power for a 400 class either?

Reviews elsewhere indicated the 7E is good for 100metres+ as stock, better if the antenna is replaced with a "proper" 2.4GHz antenna; I typically fly within say a 30m radius of me, 100m would be getting a bit far for me even with a 450 class.

PS. Are the plastic sticks unscrewable, ie. can they be replaced with metal ones? Not that that's a deal breaker.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 23:48 by RoGuE_StreaK. Reason: adding question

More
15 Jan 2013 02:26 #5031 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Devo7e work
"Are the plastic sticks unscrewable, ie. can they be replaced with metal ones? Not that that's a deal breaker."

Yes, you can find a Futaba stick(M3 size) to replace the plastic one.

More
15 Jan 2013 10:49 #5038 by Xermalk
Do you have to unscrew them from inside the tx? Iv tried unscreweing mine but they seem very tight, as if theres a screw inside or they have been locktited in place.

While were at it, would there be any point to lubricating the stick gimballs with ptfe/teflon spray?

PS. PhracturedBlue how come there is no hardware mod section on this forum? If Deviation allows for adding extra pots/switches/tx modules it would be logical to have.

More
16 Jan 2013 01:50 #5050 by dc59
I didn't unscrew it from inside of TX,
I just changed the stick top knobs only ............ :S

More
16 Jan 2013 14:07 #5063 by PhracturedBlue
How did you change the knobs on the 7e? Mine appear to be molded down to the stick. With enough force, you can get the sticks to start turning, but it wasn't clear to me that they were actually unscrewing when I did. I don't feel like breaking my 7e at the moment, so I went no further.

As usual, nothing is as easy as it seems. getting the modular protocol code working properly was a lot more work than I expected. I probably spent a whole day just on the build system. The modules themselves also caused me no end of pain. However, I think I've finally got everything working now. I need to go try to fly a bit I guess.

More
16 Jan 2013 14:27 - 16 Jan 2013 14:29 #5064 by Xermalk
Can the 7e handle more then 10 mw transmit power? iv actually managed to fly outside range several times with my master cp, and barley saved it from crashing.

Increasing tx power would be appreciated as when i night fly with my master cp its hell to see exactly how far out it is.
No issues orientating it at 100m+ thanks to the leds on the body and rotor. Or well, precision is out of the question but you can see in what direction its facing and tilted in.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2013 14:29 by Xermalk.

More
16 Jan 2013 19:28 #5072 by quique65
Replied by quique65 on topic Devo7e work

PhracturedBlue wrote: How did you change the knobs on the 7e? Mine appear to be molded down to the stick. With enough force, you can get the sticks to start turning, but it wasn't clear to me that they were actually unscrewing when I did. I don't feel like breaking my 7e at the moment, so I went no further.

Hello,
no problem to change on mine using the sticks from a WK-2402. Only unscrewing the plastic ones. Not sure if there are different models but I agree, don't break it!, too many people waiting for your version. Good job!

Attachments:

More
16 Jan 2013 23:28 #5085 by RoGuE_StreaK
Question regarding Nine Eagle J6 compatability; the main page says that a telemetry module is required for the J6 protocol (PhracturedBlue says elsewhere it's due to the two-way binding), the 7E supposedly has telemetry functionality, question is, is it enough to work with J6?

I haven't found an active link to internal pics (found a dropbox link, but it was dead), but believe I read somewhere that the 7E uses a hard-wired module, meaning it can't(?) be swapped out like the other TXs? ie., for a module like the WK-DEVO-S-MOD ?

Would be sweet if the stock 7E could be used for NE J6 stuff.

The older NE 2.4GHz (eg. Solo Pro II) can't be supported, correct?

PS. Yesterday I tried bluffing Walkera into putting up the 7E firmware, saying my TX was acting up, could I get a firmware to reflash it? They responded pointing to the firmware page, to which I replied the 7E isn't listed. Unfortunately they came back saying sorry, the 7E firmware isn't released yet.
Well, I tried! ;)

More
16 Jan 2013 23:31 #5086 by PhracturedBlue
yes, I believe the 7e will work fine with j6pro (I'll be testing it tonight)
It does have a soldered module (though you could probably unsolder it without too much problem). It is not pin compatible with the Devo8 Telemetry module, but the pin functions are the same, so you could likely wire it up in a similar manner to adding the A7105 module

More
17 Jan 2013 04:01 #5089 by Usjak
Replied by Usjak on topic Devo7e work
I guess 7e, since it has telemetry module, should work with Nine Eagles without any hardware mod, or I am missing something?

More
17 Jan 2013 04:59 #5090 by RoGuE_StreaK
I believe I've read elsewhere that the module used is a "cheaper" one, so while theoretically anything with telemetry will work, until PhracturedBlue tests it I wouldn't take it for granted.
My mouse-finger is hovering over the "checkout" button on a SuperCP+7E combo depending on outcomes here, though it's looking pretty good. And I guess I should get official permission from my missus first :blush:

More
17 Jan 2013 05:31 #5093 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: yes, I believe the 7e will work fine with j6pro (I'll be testing it tonight)
It does have a soldered module (though you could probably unsolder it without too much problem). It is not pin compatible with the Devo8 Telemetry module, but the pin functions are the same, so you could likely wire it up in a similar manner to adding the A7105 module

do you mean the deviation for 7E version is coming soon? :woohoo:

More
17 Jan 2013 06:35 #5096 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: How did you change the knobs on the 7e? Mine appear to be molded down to the stick. With enough force, you can get the sticks to start turning, but it wasn't clear to me that they were actually unscrewing when I did. I don't feel like breaking my 7e at the moment, so I went no further.

As usual, nothing is as easy as it seems. getting the modular protocol code working properly was a lot more work than I expected. I probably spent a whole day just on the build system. The modules themselves also caused me no end of pain. However, I think I've finally got everything working now. I need to go try to fly a bit I guess.

Just like this.

Attachments:

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
17 Jan 2013 06:42 - 17 Jan 2013 06:45 #5097 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo7e work
Shouldn't the stock sticks be variable in height so they have to be screwed in and out (manual chapter 2.0 no. 9 and ch. 5) and therefor off?
Last edit: 17 Jan 2013 06:45 by rbe2012.

More
17 Jan 2013 06:53 #5098 by PhracturedBlue
Well, Telemetry seems to be working fine with my Devo7e (running Deviation) with my Ladybird.
The J6Pro Protocol is causing a system crash which I haven't yet fully debugged, but I expect it will work fine once I figure out what is going on there.
I've spent the past 8 hours doing the tedious chore of updating the Devo8 GUI to share code with the Devo7e code stream, so I don't feel up to debugging the J6issue at the moment. I'm giving up for tonight.

More
17 Jan 2013 10:20 #5106 by Xermalk

rbe2012 wrote: Shouldn't the stock sticks be variable in height so they have to be screwed in and out (manual chapter 2.0 no. 9 and ch. 5) and therefor off?

Unless they'v updated the manual it mentions nothing of this.

Chapter 2 point 9. refers to helicopter and airplane mode.
Chapter 5, mentions "Tension Only" nothing on stick height.

More
17 Jan 2013 11:20 #5108 by old4570
Replied by old4570 on topic Devo7e work
If you can flash the radio , what is stopping the reading and saving of the Firmware [ OS ] ?

Sorry , the Devo7e tempts me ..

Lots of catching up to do ..

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds