How To apply "two switches" patch for Devo7e soft

More
03 Sep 2013 15:09 - 03 Sep 2013 16:12 #13527 by sllewji
I'm guessing that any support for this should really be made with the full capability in mind i.e. if its possible to have a whole matrix of these "inverse" switches, then the code should theoretically support them all.

I'm really too new to the deviation code to have a detailed idea of what needs to be done, but have just enough experience with code maintenance to beleive that the answer may be something along these lines.

Do you have access to the sourcecode for the firmware you have been running? Is it based on Deviation too? If so, it might be possible to reverse engineer it into a patch for the current nightly.

Perhaps one of the deviation gurus will chip in and provide some guidance?

Ian
Last edit: 03 Sep 2013 16:12 by sllewji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2013 16:38 - 03 Sep 2013 17:08 #13531 by blackmoon
cmpang could you provide the source code of Gale's fork (or a link where to download it) ?

So some skilled ones on this forum could see how he implemented it.

I can't find it on bitbucket.

If I understand you correctly you are using a devo7E whit 2 two-positions switches and 2 three-position.

Thank you.

Edit: sllewji was faster :D

Edit bis : Found this thread www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...-devo7e-binding#7923 , on the last entry Galee provide the link to his fork.

bitbucket.org/galee/galee-devo7e

In the same thread he states :

The deviation firmware does not support chs and cht because the flash size is small...

so I wrote another firmware, if you are chinese too, can visit 5IMX to get newest message. :P

Last edit: 03 Sep 2013 17:08 by blackmoon.

More
03 Sep 2013 18:36 - 03 Sep 2013 18:41 #13533 by sllewji
Hey blackmoon,

Looks like we're operating in parallel here :-)

From cmpang's photos, it looks like he has two three posiiton toggles using the top connections as previously documented, but with two new bottom connections.
(I wish my soldering was as elegant as in those photos!)

I also found galee's repo - but it looks quite a bit different to the layout of deviation.
I'll take a deeper look and see whether I can see where the extra "inverse" switch support is made.

Don't hold your breath though ;-)

Ian
Last edit: 03 Sep 2013 18:41 by sllewji.

More
03 Sep 2013 19:05 - 03 Sep 2013 19:08 #13534 by blackmoon
Thanks anyway for your effort mate, I'm off little help beside searching for information.

I'm programming impaired :)

I looked a little at the code and it's really quite a different layout than the one from PB, I was hopping that he used the 2.x trunk and we could just see the differences between is fork and PB's original... :(
Last edit: 03 Sep 2013 19:08 by blackmoon.

More
04 Sep 2013 00:35 #13537 by cmpang
I am now using Gale's version on 22 May 2013.

As far as I know, he has implemented the three position switches right from his first version on March. So if you can get his source code, that should contains all the necessary coding on the switches.

A bit more about his version. He fully aware the hardware limation on the 7e. In order to benefit so many Chinese users, so he decided to make the GUI entirely for Chinese characters.. let alone all other languages due to memory limation.
Furthermore, he is an experience R/C pilot. As I have mentioned many many times in this forum, Deviation is good but not orientated to the pilot but engineers. Gale has redesign the GUI entirely, making it more user friendly just like any other major manufacturer brands. That is, you can start up a new model within a few minutes even in the flying field.

Having said that, it is inevitably that many of the powerful inter related mixing function (like Virtual Channels) have to be left out due to resource limitation. A very brilliant guy.

May I also introduce another guy SUVSUV who also works on Deviation. He focuses his work mainly on Devo 10. What special about his version is he introduced a new mixer in his GUI based upon the original but fully pilot friendly. Unlike Gale, not a single function has been left out but retained the "in the field" kind of easy to set up a model. At first he maintained both the original and his version in the package but now, as user requested, has abondand the original one all together leaving only the new mixer in the GUI.

So in China and Taiwin, these two versions are the mainstream among the Devo users.

cmPang

More
04 Sep 2013 01:03 - 04 Sep 2013 01:06 #13539 by cmpang
A short clip showing the three position switches' operation. They are in the 0 - 100% range. However, while the mid-position is 50%, the displayed bar is too thin to be seen in the video.

cmPang
Last edit: 04 Sep 2013 01:06 by cmpang.

More
04 Sep 2013 09:27 #13546 by blackmoon
Thank you for your precisions cmpang.

I was aware of sunsuv's fork, but never tried it, maybe it's time to do so, as I have a Devo10 to.

Even tough I really like the freedom the advanced mixer/gui gives us.

It's a shame that Galee didn't include an English version of his fork, I would like to experiment with it a little.

More
04 Sep 2013 10:35 #13549 by cmpang
sometimes language is a barrier ...

More
04 Sep 2013 11:46 #13550 by blackmoon
Yes indeed.

More
06 Sep 2013 13:13 #13603 by Mullson
Yes thanks for the clarins.
And I also want to clarify the importance of making the "original" firmware to be the original designed version intact. I think it's in everyone's interest and concern.
But of course everybody should be free to experiment and develop this marvelous deviation.

End for me I like to make the 7e simple. So for experimentality I use different model setups just like stated before. If I want more then 4 toggles I use something "bigger". But of course it's up to you...

More
14 Sep 2013 19:14 #13794 by blackmoon
Coming back to adding 3-way switches to the devo7E.

I found in sunsuv repository that he added 3-way switches capabilities to the devo7E :

bitbucket.org/sunvsuv/deviationfor6810/c...et/devo7e/channels.c

However I don't know if his modification was (has no information is given, apart a "support 3-way switches in devo7e") :

1. Leaving the two 2-way switches (i.e. Hold and Fmod) and adding a third one that is a 3-way.

2. Replacing one of the 2-way switches by the 3-way one.

Could anyone who understand this more than me, tell me which one it is, and by extension where should one connect the additional switches.

I hope he followed the hardware mod explained in this thread.

Thank you.

More
14 Sep 2013 20:19 #13797 by domcars0
Hi,
Reading the sunsuv code I think that it's not for 3-way switches.
This is just to enable/disable the Devo 7e extra switches before to compile.

The important line is the 17th in src/target/devo7e/capabilities.h
#define extra_switch_mod  // comment out if no extra switch
You just have to comment it out before to compile if you do not have extra switches. This is easier than to patch the code.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
14 Sep 2013 23:15 - 14 Sep 2013 23:17 #13801 by blackmoon
Heu ?

Which extra switches, devo7e only has two 2-way switches...

The commit states : "support 3-way switches in devo7e"

If ti was for disabling something why not state :

"disabling support 3-way switches in devo7e"

(là, j'ai pas tout compris à ton explication Dom :D)
Last edit: 14 Sep 2013 23:17 by blackmoon.

More
15 Sep 2013 04:38 #13802 by SeByDocKy

domcars0 wrote: Hi,
Reading the sunsuv code I think that it's not for 3-way switches.
This is just to enable/disable the Devo 7e extra switches before to compile.

The important line is the 17th in src/target/devo7e/capabilities.h

#define extra_switch_mod  // comment out if no extra switch
You just have to comment it out before to compile if you do not have extra switches. This is easier than to patch the code.

There is someone who compiled successfully the sunsuv for devo7E (without extra switch for instance ?). Coz it's expected to extend the nrf21l01 support some V9xx helicopter. If someone can share the binaries, it would be great ....

More
15 Sep 2013 06:44 #13804 by cmpang
1. In Gale's version, two 3-way switches are being added in addition to the stock FMOD and HOLD 2-way switches.

2. I have installed Suvsuv's lastest releasse and confirm that he only added two 2-way switches in addition to the stock FMOD and HOLD.

For those who are interested, you can have a look a Gale's code to see if there is a clue how to do it.

I have recently purchased a Walkera QR X350. It requires a 3-position switch in order to immplement the Normal/Position Hold/Return to Home function. I am fortunated enough to have the Gale version on my 7e which otherwise would have to take out my bulky Devo 10 to fly the tiny quad.

cmPang

More
15 Sep 2013 11:18 #13806 by SeByDocKy

cmpang wrote: 1. In Gale's version, two 3-way switches are being added in addition to the stock FMOD and HOLD 2-way switches.

2. I have installed Suvsuv's lastest releasse and confirm that he only added two 2-way switches in addition to the stock FMOD and HOLD.

For those who are interested, you can have a look a Gale's code to see if there is a clue how to do it.

I have recently purchased a Walkera QR X350. It requires a 3-position switch in order to immplement the Normal/Position Hold/Return to Home function. I am fortunated enough to have the Gale version on my 7e which otherwise would have to take out my bulky Devo 10 to fly the tiny quad.

cmPang

Can you share somewhere your last builted version of the suvsun ?

More
15 Sep 2013 12:10 - 15 Sep 2013 12:15 #13807 by blackmoon
Thank you cmpang for the confirmation on sunsuv devo7E build.

So to resume this :

1. latest PB nightlies do have the two 2-way switches patch already applied.(?)

2. sunsuv build does the same.

3. only Gale has implemented a support for two 3-way supplementary switches on his firmware, that if I'm not mistaken is a rewrite from scratch of deviation to support only Chinese and some others addition/changes, but no longer code compatible with PB's branch.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2013 12:15 by blackmoon.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds