toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
12 Apr 2013 17:43 #8904 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'
PB, you know I tend to have big ideas and do not see the big whole thing all the time. So I might have complicated ideas, but I hope they are at least useful for a discussion...

If I understood right then we would provide icon[012].bmp with deviation and the user can place additional icon files too - and in icon0.bmp there will be the standard icons for ele-dr0, ail-dr0, ...
And for a switch a user would simply tell deviation from which file the icon will come from - not the position in the file because this will be static? ELE_DR is always at pos. 0 in every file?
At the first glance this looks like a limitation in flexibility to me. But it is contrary: I also could have a file (or more) where the icons are ordered differently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2013 17:51 - 12 Apr 2013 17:55 #8905 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'
RBE, that is my point exactly - limit (fix) the mapping for the normal user with the option of one or more standard .bmp files to provide different colour schemes, etc, but ELE DR0 is always in the same place, so no ini file changes are required. (A you will note my proposal steers away from having to understand the implementation method (icon arrays and matrixs terminology) as currently used in the ini file).

The advance user would have the option to change the mapping by generate his own .bmp files and map his custom icons onto the standard icon mapping table.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2013 17:55 by RandMental.

More
12 Apr 2013 19:07 #8906 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'
No, all I meant is that in Deviaton we show all icons, 1st from icon0.bmp, then icon1.bmp, then icon2.bnp, then icon3.bmp (if it exists), and so on. The user has no idea which file a given icon came from he just sees all the icon0.bmp icons grouped listed 1st, and so on.
Deviation indexes the icons as you described but with the index = file# * 100 + icon position. There is no code in deviation that knows that '0' icons are from the '0' file. That is defined in the model.ini file.

This means we can add more '0' '1' or '2' icons in the future and keep the m together. Users would be expected to add their own custom icons in icon3.bmp which are always at the end.

It results in the same ordering I originally described, but allows for more flexibility in the future.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
13 Apr 2013 06:01 #8911 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'
Let's see an example:
toggle1=ELE DR
tglico1=0,1,0
toggle2=AIL DR
tglico2=0,0,0
toggle3=MIX
tglico3=0,2,0
toggle4=GEAR
tglico4=0,4,0
will be in an empty model on Devo8 (indices as you proposed, starting with 1)
toggle1=ELE DR
tglico1=6,106,0
toggle2=AIL DR
tglico2=5,105,0
toggle3=MIX
tglico3=2,102,202
toggle4=GEAR
tglico4=8,108,0
and when the user has made some configurations it could be
toggle1=ELE DR
tglico1=6,301,0
toggle2=AIL DR
tglico2=302,105,0
toggle3=MIX
tglico3=303,304,517
toggle4=GEAR
tglico4=102,2,0
And deviation will take icon nmm from the file icon(n).bmp at the position (mm). There is no fix correlation between switch and (mm), only in an empty model because we have defined it in the template.
And a new 3-state-switch will get the indices 10, 110 and 108.
The question mark icon is only used the icon select page so we could put it in an extra file and start the numbering with 0.
Did I understand you correctly?

More
13 Apr 2013 16:36 #8915 by PhracturedBlue
yep That is basically it

More
20 Apr 2013 03:35 #9065 by PhracturedBlue
I checked in an implementation of the above for both Devo8 and Devo10.
I haven't yet updated the icons. I'm also not happy with the interface on the devo10, but the scrollable widget has some limitations that make it more difficult to make the behavior work well with this menu.

There are 4 bitmap files 'toggle0' through 'toggle3' the idea is that toggle0,1,2 are all part of the theme and are distributed with the firmware. toggle3 is completely owned by the user.

the maximum number of icons per bmp file is 64.
the '?' icon is always the 1st icon in toggle0, otherwise we can define them however we like.

The code is only tested in the emulator as of now.

More
20 Apr 2013 16:05 #9076 by PhracturedBlue
I've now updated the icons and sorted out the controls for the devo10.

Here is the icon set for devo8:

And here it is for the devo10:

Regardless of whether the icons are good, they are at least consistent. Unless anyone sees any issues, this should be a stable set usable for the future.
Attachments:

More
20 Apr 2013 17:07 - 20 Apr 2013 17:14 #9079 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'
After save model, FMode2 icon is cleared to '?'. Before saving: F0, F1, F2. After reload model: F0, F1, '?'.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2013 17:14 by vlad_vy.

More
20 Apr 2013 18:12 #9080 by PhracturedBlue
Should be fixed now

More
22 Apr 2013 06:44 - 23 Apr 2013 08:37 #9116 by vlad_vy
As I can see, default icon assignment at emu_devo8 is incorrect:

ELE DR1 = M0
AIL DR1 = F0
RUDD DR1 = R↑↑
GEAR1 = DR↑↑
Last edit: 23 Apr 2013 08:37 by vlad_vy.

More
22 Apr 2013 10:02 #9119 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'
Just for interest, I use this default on my heli's, obviously the whole ini file must be configured to support this switch functionality (devo8s). The latest V3.0 source build seems to work:

FMOD0 - No Icon
FMOD1 - F1
FMOD1 - F2

DR0 - No Icon (Throttle Hold)
DR1 - TH

AIL0 - No Icon (Dual Rates)
AIL1 - A↑↑

MIX0 - No Icon (Gyro Gain - Channel 7)
MIX1 - M1
MIX2 - M2

Equivalent V3.0 INI file setup

toggle1=MIX
tglico1=0,65,129
toggle2=AIL DR
tglico2=0,4,0
toggle3=RUD DR
tglico3=0,73,0
toggle4=FMODE
tglico4=1,64,128

More
22 Apr 2013 16:14 #9134 by vlad_vy
Possible 'model_template.ini' can contain:

toggle1=ELE DR
tglico1=0,68,132
toggle2=AIL DR
tglico2=0,67,131
toggle3=RUD DR
tglico3=0,66,130
toggle4=GEAR
tglico4=0,71,0

More
18 Nov 2016 10:56 #56001 by bjr981s
Replied by bjr981s on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'

PhracturedBlue wrote: I've now updated the icons and sorted out the controls for the devo10.

Here is the icon set for devo8:

And here it is for the devo10:

Regardless of whether the icons are good, they are at least consistent. Unless anyone sees any issues, this should be a stable set usable for the future.

These are great and I have been using them s I am building model configs on me Devo 12S.

I have both Multi modules 3 and 4 in 1 and have modified there radio so that they are bothdirecty plug abel and interchangeable.

I have been slowly building out and testing a wide range of vendors models using all 4 TX modules.

The Model Icons system is fantastic, but the switch toggle Icons system needs some additional tweaks to support different model types.

As an example the 3G/6G switch on WLToys 6 channel Helicopters.

I was hoping that there was a simple way to clone and modify a button, but it appears there isn't.

These display toggles become more and more important as we expand the model configs available. Particularly in the new drone market.

Simple things like camera recording on / off. lights. Flight modes. MAN / GPS/ RTH. etc.

Its their any way that this is easily achievable. It would be nice if there was a toggle button folder where you could select buttons like you do model icons.

Cheers Brian

More
18 Nov 2016 20:12 #56014 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'
The solution is to use the Toogle3.bmp file. Toggle1.bmp and Toggle2.bmp are the standard toggle icons, and Toggle3.bmp is intended for user-modification. Just add a button or 8 and you will see them in the GUI.

There are a few variations of the file here, mostly in the Custon Layout or Custom Skin areas. And you can edit your own. Let me know if you can't find an icon you need and i can probably put one into your own file.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
19 Nov 2016 17:59 #56056 by bjr981s

Deal57 wrote: The solution is to use the Toogle3.bmp file. Toggle1.bmp and Toggle2.bmp are the standard toggle icons, and Toggle3.bmp is intended for user-modification. Just add a button or 8 and you will see them in the GUI.

There are a few variations of the file here, mostly in the Custon Layout or Custom Skin areas. And you can edit your own. Let me know if you can't find an icon you need and i can probably put one into your own file.

Thanks.

Can I take you up on your offer? To make the generic Command Icons?

I was hoping that the standard set of Toggle Icons could be expanded to include Icons for generic model Commands and Functions:

TH - Throttle Hold
IU - Idle Up
3G - 3G Gyro Active
6G - 6G Gyro Active
HD - Hover Debug
R - Recording
ORB - Orbit
IOC - Intelligent Orientation Control
HH - Heading Hold ( headless mode)
MAN - Manual Flight Mode
GPS - GPS Flight Mode
RTH - Return To Home

You might think that this is overkill and you would know if you were in Idle up mode or not.

But I am thinking that when you have 60-100 models on your radio you forget which switch does what.

Having all these toggle Icons makes the model configs self documenting on the radio itself.

All you need to do is select the model and test all the switches and it will tell you what they all do for that model.

Cheers Brian

p.s.

I have just about finished the config for the WLToys V977 for the 12S. I have configured all the OEM radio functions including the complicated Hover Debug function.

i have also customised the main display to suit the V977 and found a brilliant transparent v977.bmp in the forum.

I am using the default buttons at the moment but they don't make a lot of sense.

I will post it all in the correct forum when Complete.

More
20 Nov 2016 12:53 - 20 Nov 2016 13:09 #56068 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic toggle.bmp needs a 'standard'

bjr981s wrote:
TH - Throttle Hold
IU - Idle Up
3G - 3G Gyro Active
6G - 6G Gyro Active
HD - Hover Debug
R - Recording
ORB - Orbit
IOC - Intelligent Orientation Control
HH - Heading Hold ( headless mode)
MAN - Manual Flight Mode
GPS - GPS Flight Mode
RTH - Return To Home

It doesn't have all you've listed and nothing given for helicopters at all but I quite like putting toggle icons together and have a very comprehensive set I've made specifically tailored to cleanflight /APM that cover many on your list.

I'll fire the old computer up and upload the most current version right now (and there's old versions of mine in the forum somewhere)

I don't create new ones, instead I edit unused ones into ones I need in GIMP [literally] one dot at a time with a 1x1 pixel size brush.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 20 Nov 2016 13:09 by Cereal_Killer.

More
20 Nov 2016 12:55 #56069 by bjr981s
Cool Thanks.

Cheers Brian

More
20 Nov 2016 13:03 - 20 Nov 2016 13:16 #56070 by Cereal_Killer
CF / multtWii based flight modes:
HOR Horizon
ALT Altitude
RTL return to launch
ACR Acro
POS Position hold
FOL Follow me
ANG Angle
BUZ Buzzer (great for confirming buzzer is on when looking for a downed model)
Air
Log (do these last 2 needs explanations lol). Note I use the Log icon to indicate both model logging and transmitter logging

APM MODES (excluding ones listed above)
STA Stability
LOI Loiter
SPO Sport
CIR Circle
SIM Simple
SUP Super Simple
MAN Manual
FWA FlyByWireA
FWb FlyByWireB

There are 2D & 3D icons, not specifically what you asked for (3G/6G) but they would work to convey the info you're after.

Notice the camera icon, what I do is set two toggles to the same switch and place them right next to each other, one toggle is ?/CAM/CAM icon, the other is ?/stop (square) sign / play sign (note a "?" displays a blank) that way I know what the camera is doing. I do the same thing with LOG using FOUR toggles to display the difference between no logging, cleanflight logging and transmitter logging.

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Nov 2016 13:16 by Cereal_Killer.

More
20 Nov 2016 13:14 #56071 by Cereal_Killer
Does it work for you? I cant open / view .bmp files from Chrome on this computer so I cant verify my upload worked.

More
20 Nov 2016 13:19 - 20 Nov 2016 13:20 #56073 by bjr981s
Yes got those thanks. I can use them on my Devo 10 when I get around to updating it.

I dont suppose you have a colour set for a Devo 12S. Thats the one I am working on currently.

Cheers Brian

p.s. I use Safari. :)
Last edit: 20 Nov 2016 13:20 by bjr981s. Reason: p.s.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds