Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
29 Mar 2017 15:09 #60905 by czajunia
Replied by czajunia on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

victzh wrote: I passed the design Mar 9, 2017. He's now probably quite busy, our modules is not his only product. So I don't expect anything earlier than end of April. He's gonna use GigaDevices SPI memory (it adds normal amount of storage to Devo F series and Radiolink AT9) - I still need to cover this in the code. I'll use datasheet, but you never know until you tried.

Last time he implemented our small modifications on the 4-in-1 module pretty fast, but that was minor. And Devo adapter currently on Banggood is his own development. So actually it's hard to tell :-)

Thanks for the info. End of April is not too bad actually. I guess I'll wait and if there is no word from him by the end of May I'll go for the standard 4-in-1 module then.

BTW, has he implemented any meaningful features into the product he developed? Or is the whole 4-in-1 module project his idea actually inspired by the 3-in-1 module developed by you guys?

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2017 17:00 #60912 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
The actual sequence of events is approximately following:

PhracturedBlue developed first Multimodule based on separate 4 RF modules and small ATtiny MCU.

Then he developed an integrated Universal module which has 4 RF chips, RF switch, ARM MCU, PA/LNA - but there is no producer for this module and to sell it, it needs to pass FCC certification (money and efforts more than hobby project can require).

Guys from RCGroups (midelic) developed Multiprotocol TX module based on Arduino and Deviation protocol code.

Then the guy from Taobao developed 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 RF modules which contained 3 and 4 RF chips with RF switch and some logic on them. First version was not very functional for some protocols with back link (either telemetry or packet acknowledgement), second version of 4-in-1 module is OK, and included some of our suggestions.

He developed an analog of midelic's Multiprotocol TX based on 4-in-1 RF module.

Then he developed Devo module also based on 4-in-1 RF module. The module is close physically to the original Devo 10 module but requires soldering of 3 wires.

It's all development based on previous works of many people and I'd say he's doing a great service to this community producing commercially available useful modules.

Besides, he's open to co-operation, though not commercially (I will not see a cent from this development, as well as all others), but at least he tracks the needs and hears suggestions.

More
29 Mar 2017 18:38 - 29 Mar 2017 18:41 #60915 by czajunia
That's a proper module development history lesson . Good stuff. Cheers for clarifying. I was under the impression that all the modules were entirely based on PhracturedBlue multimodule. I remember reading his thread when he was working on it. I had no idea there was someone else from RCGroups involved as well.

It's really great that there is someone who is willing to work with you guys and develop the products listening to the community suggestions. It would be even better if you could get something out of it.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2017 18:41 by czajunia.

More
30 Mar 2017 22:52 #60956 by Wanderer777
Replied by Wanderer777 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi there,

I have the Devo 10 and just ordered the 4-in-1 module from Banggood.

I am planning to order the Eachine QX95 micro quad to use with my Devo 10.

So I have to chose between a FlySky and a FrSky receiver.

Which one should I prefer?

The QX95 page says:

Receiver Option:
1. 8CH Sbus output Frsky D8 Mode Receiver
2. 6CH PPM output Flysky AFHDS 2A Mode Receiver

Compatible:
1.Frsky Receiver Support FRSKY taranis X9D/X9D PLUS(D8 mode),and XJT (D8 Mode),DJT DFT DHT Transmitter.
2.Flysky Receiver Support FS-i4, FS-i6, FS-i6S, FS-i6X, FS-i10, FS-GT2E, FS-GT2G, FS-GT2F, Turnigy Evolution Transmitter.

Since I am quite new to this, I am not sure if I should go for the FlySky or the FrSky version now to use with my Devo 10 + Deviation 5.0 + 4-in-1 module.

Are both 100% compatible for Deviation + 4-in-1 module?

More
30 Mar 2017 22:55 - 30 Mar 2017 22:56 #60957 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Both are compatible, but I'd take the FrSky one because of Sbus output (lower latency) and more channels.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2017 22:56 by goebish.

More
30 Mar 2017 23:46 #60958 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

goebish wrote: Both are compatible, but I'd take the FrSky one because of Sbus output (lower latency) and more channels.

Sorry for the sidetrack. But, I think this answers a question I had in another post.
Do all PPM receivers only output 6 channels? And so if you bound a tx would you only have 6 channels seen in a program like betaflight? Even if the tx was capable of more than 6?
Thanks for reading

More
31 Mar 2017 00:09 #60961 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Not all PPM RXs output 6 channels.
And yes, betaflight will only see 6 active channels if there are only 6 in the PPM stream RX side, even if the Tx supports more.

Anyway, PPM is dated now, better use a serial protocol (sbus, ibus, spektrum sat ...) where you can.

More
31 Mar 2017 04:59 #60968 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Is there any other solder pads on the Devo12 board other then the A1 and B3 ? My TMS and TCK points are not working and i need another place to connect the cc2500 to...HAd this problem since i had this tx for some reason the tms/tck just wont work no matter what is tried..I think it is because it is a early production model not sure tho

More
31 Mar 2017 23:04 #60998 by Wene001

More
02 Apr 2017 16:28 - 02 Apr 2017 16:31 #61082 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hello,
I just upgraded my Devo 12S to 5.0.0, and I'm preparing to put the module 4 in 1. Can you tell me why the hardware.ini file has only one line. For a few days, I try to copy the good, with all its lines, but as soon as I want to read it on the TX it always goes on only one line. Because of this I do not dare replace the module until I know what is happening. The tx.ini file is correct.
Here are the photos.
Thank you for your help.
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Apr 2017 16:31 by saidem.

More
02 Apr 2017 19:37 #61090 by bjr981s
Replied by bjr981s on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
What are you using to edit and read the hardware.ini

Remember its just a plain text file and not a windows .ini file.

More
02 Apr 2017 21:37 #61100 by czajunia

bjr981s wrote: What are you using to edit and read the hardware.ini

Remember its just a plain text file and not a windows .ini file.

notepad++

More
03 Apr 2017 04:09 #61103 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Do you format Tx USB drive? Try to format USB drive and rewrite filesystem.

More
03 Apr 2017 04:41 #61105 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I noticed on my devo12 that if i just unplug the usb from my laptop it will corrupt the hardware.ini file and i have to repair the drive using wimdows tool but if i right click and select "Eject" before unplugging it no longer corrupts the file...A couple times it completely messed up the hardware file and windows repair erased it and i had to replace it with the backup i made..

More
03 Apr 2017 10:19 #61112 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hello,
On your advice I formatted the USB drive again, I had already done several times. There I did a slow formatting, one fast and another slow.
Well I am very happy to tell you that the hardware.ini file has remained as it was originally. I thank you so much for your help and whish you pleasant day. If I can help you do not hesitate to ask.
Many thanks.

More
06 Apr 2017 19:50 #61219 by Bisky
Replied by Bisky on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Ultimate 7E + range mod + 3x2 switch mod + 3in1 module
Devo F7 XMS + 4in1 module

More
06 Apr 2017 19:54 #61220 by czajunia

More
06 Apr 2017 22:56 #61224 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Basically, waiting for the start of production, as soon as I have news I'll definitely announce them here. Or it will just appear on Banggood :-)

More
06 Apr 2017 22:59 #61225 by czajunia

victzh wrote: Or it will just appear on Banggood :-)

Probably even before you hear back from them :-)

More
18 Apr 2017 15:04 #61552 by Wanderer777
Replied by Wanderer777 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Just a quick question:

I installed the Banggood 4-in-1 module to my Devo 10 which works great so far.

Now I wonder if I'd also be able to fly the Eachine H8 Mini.

If so, which protocol would I have to chose?

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds