Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
23 Apr 2017 14:16 #61705 by Fernbediener71
Replied by Fernbediener71 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I have a Devo 12s (Version Devo12-V5.0.0) and installed the module. I made the CHanges in the hardware.ini.
Now i get the starting message:
Missing Modules:
A7105
CC2500

Can you give me a hint what went wrong?
Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2017 17:01 #61707 by bjr981s
Replied by bjr981s on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Fernbediener71 wrote: I have a Devo 12s (Version Devo12-V5.0.0) and installed the module. I made the CHanges in the hardware.ini.
Now i get the starting message:
Missing Modules:
A7105
CC2500

Can you give me a hint what went wrong?
Many thanks!

Assuming that you wired up the the activation wires to the multi-module correctly, the most likely cause is that you have the wrong module info in your hardware.ini. It actually checks that the correct modules is in the correct position.

I suggest that you swap the A7105 and CC2500 port numbers over.

Cheers brian

More
23 Apr 2017 18:15 #61708 by Fernbediener71
I already have tried this but no success. The message keeps coming on power up.
Any other Ideas?

More
23 Apr 2017 18:22 #61709 by czajunia
Replied by czajunia on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
That may be quite obvious but if you are a Windows user did you edit your files using a proper editor (Notepad++ for example)?

More
23 Apr 2017 20:31 #61712 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Is there a reason to go with the 4in1 from BG instead of the 3in1 if you have the range mod already? I recall there were issues with various modules, but are there still?

More
24 Apr 2017 18:02 #61735 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
The 3.3v of Devo (7E at least, but maybe others also) is not powerful enough to feed some RF chips for some protocols. Devos use 5v power to feed LDO on the module itself - it allows to have less power noise as well.

So the 4-in-1 module which uses its own LDO is easier on power supply and less noisy.

More
24 Apr 2017 19:36 #61741 by Fernbediener71
Thank you, I already was afraid of that...
Can You tell me, where I can get an 4 in 1 with own LDO?
Or what have to be modified?
Many Thanks!

More
24 Apr 2017 19:50 #61743 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
This module is close to original Devo 10 (and others) format, it has its own LDO. It still requires soldering of 3 extra wires.

www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-C...itter-p-1096707.html

More
25 Apr 2017 06:54 #61751 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
@Fernbediener71
Some Devo12 have problems with TMS and TCK connection
Eventually this is your problem
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...12s-4in1-modul#57625

More
03 May 2017 18:15 - 03 May 2017 18:15 #61965 by yets
Replied by yets on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Has this been discussed? www.banggood.com/IRangeX-R4X-Pro-2_4G-CC...RK082234893622016010 (Sorry I'm not allowed to post links to selling websites...there is no affiliate link etc)

Apologies if it has
Last edit: 03 May 2017 18:15 by yets.

More
03 May 2017 23:02 #61971 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Don't think so, but it's not really interesting for Deviation. Why would you want a bulky external box hanging off your trainer port (which means you can't use the voice alerts in the nightly builds on some transmitters) instead of the same basic electronics plugged into the socket it was designed for in the transmitter? Except for the 7E, of course, where it's a bit harder to fit.

This really looks like the 4-in-1 Rx module with a lipo charging board and a case suitable for external use. These things all suffer compared to the modules specifically for deviation because they protocol selection is done with the knob/switch/whatever on the 4-in-1 board, not via deviation. They'd still work - you'd use the PPM protocol in deviation - but it's not nearly as convenient. And you have to power cycle the module to bind the thing.

These things are even behind the the open source versions. Those have replaced that PPM interface with a proper serial protocol (yay!), meaning you can do protocol selection in the Tx firmware and possibly trigger a bind from the firmware as well. But that's not supported in Deviation, and unlikely to be supported because our architecture allows us to talk directly to the RF modules.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 May 2017 07:03 #61987 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
"Copied" for a quick "Paste" reply to some friends insisting on this or that tx with extra modules etc. Thank you mwm, the answer summarizes all i would want to say.

More
04 May 2017 14:19 #61990 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Well, that external module is a bit of a kludge. The original work was done for a Tx with a module bay, so avoids a lot of the issues. By switching to a proper serial protocol, they avoid the rest. To use that, you also have to have open source firmware. The TH9X firmware has similar flexibility to deviation, but has been around longer so is more advanced than it in a number of ways (the desktop companion, voice alerts are in production, support for scripting in the Tx, the ability to use more than one RF module at a time, and probably others since I don't use it). Deviation has had better support for lots of protocols, but the latest version of the DIY module in a module bay gives them the same capabilities.

So yeah, OpenTx on a Taranis (and the new Q7 makes it price competitive with the 10) would be a solid option compared to most of the Devo Tx's. Frankly, FrSky's timing sucks. If the original Taranis had been out 3 months earlier, I probably would have bought it instead of a 10 when I bought my first 10. Similarly, if the Q7 had been out a month earlier, I might have bought it instead of a new 10.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 May 2017 21:05 #62009 by yets
Replied by yets on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Thanks for the opinions on the external module. I had seen it on a video with someone using it with the 7e and I was mainly thinking about my friend who I'm trying to get into the hobby. Wiring the 4 in 1 can be quite tricky

More
04 May 2017 23:18 #62010 by Whatsinaname
Replied by Whatsinaname on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Even though that module is external and soldering is not needed you have extra steps to go through that can be avoided.

Personally I like the 4in1 module on my 7e. Everything is accessible through the tx gui and once you get used to it it becomes second nature to just click the buttons to change what settings you need.

For my flysksy fs-i6x I might consider it but again after my 7e I would rather have it internal and all controlled by the tx.

More
05 May 2017 11:50 #62028 by teoplays
Replied by teoplays on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I have a Devo 7e, 3in1 module and two switch 3 positions.
I connected to USB and after loading model.ini, hardware.ini has disappeared.

The problem is I do not have a copy. I didn't know its needed, and the friend who installed me did not let me know :(
How can I fix it? Thanks

More
08 May 2017 16:52 #62162 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hello,
I have just tried the receivers E SKY EK2-0424 with my new module 4en 1. When I move sticks linearly, servos travel makes small jumps. Is it normal with this type of receivers? Are there any adjustments to be made on the TX?
Thank you for your answers.

More
08 May 2017 22:26 - 10 May 2017 15:11 #62178 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

teoplays wrote: Hi, I'm new to the forum.

The problem is I do not have a copy. I didn't know its needed, and the friend who installed me did not let me know :(
How can I fix it? Thanks

Good lesson here: ALWAYS make a backup copy before you do anything....

I assume you are running 5.0.0 standard release. Is this true?

To fix your 7E
Step1: Make a backup of ALL the files/folders that you do have on your 7E. You probably will not use this backup. But it is good to have.
Step2: copy a hardware.ini file from the 5.0.0 release area to your transmitter.
I'm assuming you already know how to boot your 7E into USB mode.
Step3: Enable the switches. Change line #5 from
;extra-switches=
to
extra-switches=3x2
Step4: You need to tell the firmware that you have additional RF modules installed. You will need to know exactly how the enable wires are connected between the 3in1 and your 7E. The following Wiki page should help you edit the hardware.ini file to match the actual connections.
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/rf_module_insta...ion/enabling_modules
Step5: Once things are working again, make another a backup of ALL the files/folders on your 7E.
And you should probably delete the backup from Step1.
And tell your friend he owes you a beer!
Last edit: 10 May 2017 15:11 by Texacate.

More
08 May 2017 23:01 #62179 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

saidem wrote: Hello,
I have just tried the receivers E SKY EK2-0424 with my new module 4en 1. When I move sticks linearly, servos travel makes small jumps. Is it normal with this type of receivers? Are there any adjustments to be made on the TX?
Thank you for your answers.

Not sure about E SKY EK2-0424, but something similar happen to me on my WLToys V911 right after I did the 4in1 mod on a 7E. Turned out my transmitter batteries were low. A fresh set of batteries and the servos responded as expected.

More
09 May 2017 00:45 #62182 by teoplays
Replied by teoplays on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Texacate wrote:

teoplays wrote: Hi, I'm new to the forum.

How can I fix it? Thanks

Good lesson here: ALWASY make a backup copy before you do anything....

I assume you are running 5.0.0 standard release. Is this true?

To fix your 7E
Step1: Make a backup of ALL the files/folders that you do have on your 7E. You probably will not use this backup. But it is good to have.
Step2: copy a hardware.ini file from the 5.0.0 release area to your transmitter.
I'm assuming you already know how to boot your 7E into USB mode.
Step3: Enable the switches. Change line #5 from
;extra-switches=
to
extra-switches=3x2
Step4: You need to tell the firmware that you have additional RF modules installed. You will need to know exactly how the enable wires are connected between the 3in1 and your 7E. The following Wiki page should help you edit the hardware.ini file to match the actual connections.
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/rf_module_insta...ion/enabling_modules
Step5: Once things are working again, make another a backup of ALL the files/folders on your 7E.
And you should probably delete the backup from Step1.
And tell your friend he owes you a beer!

Thank you. I was tired of waiting and then i have resolved :-) Backup done.

I have a question... to pass to nightly version, I use Dfuse and load the dfu file. Is sufficient? I see an error

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds