GUI

More
13 Sep 2012 05:05 #1569 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic GUI
Other questions:
- Does the first page of a complex mixer needs the mux? It should be replace or add (which do the same in this case) anyway...
(...and may be we should call it "operation" instead, because it seems, users do not understand it...)

- Now a mixer is saved only if it has a source, but in case of using the fixed function we do not need one. It is confusing that you have to select any source but none to be operational...
In fact a curve with equal values do mean the same as a fixed function, but it would be harder to always check...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 11:39 #1582 by FDR
Is there a limitation on the number of pages in a complex mixer?
The emulator crashes/hangs when I add and edit the 6th page!

More
17 Sep 2012 18:45 #1687 by FDR
What does "Re-Init" do?

More
17 Sep 2012 18:50 #1688 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic GUI

FDR wrote: What does "Re-Init" do?

It will restart the protocol from the beginning (going through auto-binding if needed). It is useful for changing protocols, since normally those don't apply until the radio is restarted.

More
17 Sep 2012 19:02 #1689 by FDR
I see.
So it is a non-fixed id stuff, since fixed id doesn't need to be restarted.

The naming is weird, however, since the term binding has different meanings for the different protocols: DSM stuff calls the one time pairing, but that one Walkera calls fixed id, which it "sends", but calls auto-binding the simple method.
Donno how to translate...

More
17 Sep 2012 19:51 #1692 by FDR
In the end I called both as "Bind", since without fixed id it does auto-bind anyway, and with a fixed id it binds to that...

More
17 Sep 2012 22:33 #1695 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: In the end I called both as "Bind", since without fixed id it does auto-bind anyway, and with a fixed id it binds to that...

I purposefully didn't call it 'bind'. Form instance, with PPM output 'bind' has no meaning.

After the issues briareos7777 saw with his buggy Rx, we may need to rework it a little to provide a working fixed-id solution.

More
18 Dec 2012 12:19 #4078 by RugWarrior
Replied by RugWarrior on topic GUI
Hi.

Maybe I missed it but why do we use fltk 1.3.0 and not 1.3.2?

I am thinking about setting up an image for VMWare Player so interested people can just download the player and the image and are ready to code B)
What do you think about it?

I would use a linux based image maybe with Eclipse or what would be the easiest coding gui for this purpose?

Please tell me your opinion!
Please do not keep it for yourself!

This is such a great project and I want to give back something :)

More
18 Dec 2012 14:21 #4083 by PhracturedBlue
It should work fine with 1.3.2
I actually use 1.1.10 on my older Lucid box.

If you are going to set up an image, I'd prefer you use Debian or a derivative (Ubuntu/Mint). It is what i know how to administer, so I'll be able to help with support if you do.
I also personally prefer VirtualBox to VMWare, but as long as all the software is easily obtainable and free, it won't really matter. If VMWare makes it easier to get up and running, use that.

But honestly, it would probably be just as easy to create an image for Windows. I created a mingw/msys image once. If you could somehow add the Eclipse configuration/project that would probably be a lot easier for most people to work with than a Linux image.

More
18 Dec 2012 14:26 #4084 by RugWarrior
VirtualBox should not be that problem. I thought that making a Windows image is a problem due to the fact that it has to be "activated". I will use some kind of Debian and try my luck. I will think about that Windows problem later :whistle:

More
18 Dec 2012 14:45 #4087 by PhracturedBlue
Sorry, I didn't mean a windows image. That wouldn't be ok. I meant just a zip file that can be installed on a Windows machine. Anyhow, let us know your progress.

More
18 Dec 2012 15:39 #4091 by RugWarrior
I see... sometimes I think too complicated :whistle: I will also try to do this zip idea :)

More
02 Mar 2013 22:29 #7230 by dehalo
Replied by dehalo on topic GUI
When I put Ch3 on the main page, THR INPUT (stick position+trim) is displayed. I would have expected actual Ch3 OUTPUT.

More
03 Mar 2013 02:07 - 03 Mar 2013 02:08 #7242 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic GUI

dehalo wrote: When I put Ch3 on the main page, THR INPUT (stick position+trim) is displayed. I would have expected actual Ch3 OUTPUT.

So?
Could you please try to explain your GUI trouble a little more (better).
Last edit: 03 Mar 2013 02:08 by Mullson.

More
03 Mar 2013 02:14 #7244 by PhracturedBlue
Channel will display the channel value WITHOUT including the 'scale' or 'reverse' values (from the limits page) applied. The reason is that 'scale' was originally designed to be a servo-scale (i.e. redefine what 100% means). Most folks don't use it that way now, so it probably makes sense to include it in the screen output. I haven't decided conclusively yet though.

More
03 Mar 2013 09:06 #7271 by dehalo
Replied by dehalo on topic GUI
Would it be an idea to have THR (stick input+trim) and Ch3 (actual output like on the channel monitor page) as options for the setup of the main page?

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds