R9M for T8SG V2 Plus

More
12 May 2019 05:20 #74279 by abdulmuism
R9M for T8SG V2 Plus was created by abdulmuism
Can TX JUMPER T8SG V2 Plus be fitted with the JR / frysky R9M module?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2019 08:45 #74280 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
Yes, just flash radio with latest nightly. R9 module can be fully configured via deviation.
There is also a topic on this forum.

More
12 May 2019 08:55 - 12 May 2019 08:57 #74281 by abdulmuism
Replied by abdulmuism on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
Thank you, What protocol is chosen?
Last edit: 12 May 2019 08:57 by abdulmuism.

More
12 May 2019 13:40 #74282 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
Select protocol PXX.

More
12 May 2019 15:20 - 12 May 2019 16:47 #74283 by abdulmuism
Replied by abdulmuism on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
After I upgraded the latest firmware, the PXX protocol has appeared, thanks for the instructions...
Last edit: 12 May 2019 16:47 by abdulmuism.

More
14 Oct 2019 13:40 #75254 by elMaso
Replied by elMaso on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
can anyone please help me? I can't bind R9M on R9M slim plus with Jumper T8SG v2 plus. I select pxx but nothing happens.
I'm going crazy

More
19 Oct 2019 00:49 #75285 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
What firmware version is on your tx?
Do you have any debugging tools like a logic analyzer or oscilloscope? The R9M is known to work with PXX protocol, so it seems likely to be some kind of connection issue or a bad component.

More
03 Nov 2019 16:48 #75390 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
There is a thread on some of the T12/T16 forums about people having pin connectivity issues with external modules. As the T8 and T12 are the same hardware I would suspect as hexfet does that this may be your issue.

More
30 Nov 2019 19:32 - 30 Nov 2019 19:35 #75502 by Enrique33
Replied by Enrique33 on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
Hi everyone,
I'm jumper t8sg V2+ owner and i'm trying to use an R9M on it.
i use a 2S internal battery but no external battery on module, i'd made only one hardware modification wiring the bottom module bay pin with the 3,5mm jack (but i really don't know if i have to do and for why).
At this point i've upload and install the 028ce50f nightlybuild and succesfully bind the radio with the R9slim plus Rx using PXX protocol.
I have green led on my Rx but only red led in front of jumper and fix red too on the R9 module.
By the way i cannot see any movement in betaflight ans only Rx faisafe message.

If anyone could help me, i'm newbie in the hobby and i've try so many thing and i'm completely lost
Last edit: 30 Nov 2019 19:35 by Enrique33. Reason: writing text error

More
30 Nov 2019 20:40 #75504 by Fernandez
I have successfully used R9M on Jumper using the HexFET PXX test build.

Take note I use R9M original red version, I not own the newer R9M 2019 version or OTA version. The later it may use newer PXX2 protocol and I am not sure it work also at std PXX. (please check on the web)

More
30 Nov 2019 21:02 #75505 by Enrique33
Thanks,you're right in fact i'm on the newer R9M 2019.
i don't known anything about programation, so if i understand;
it's possible that PXX could bind RX and TX but couldn't communicate more ?
and if i understand too i have to be patient and wait for a new nightlybuild ?
can i collect information or something like that to help for future devellopment ?

More
30 Nov 2019 22:45 #75506 by Fernandez
Maybe you can flash your R9M with standard firmware non ota acces, I was using flex.

You can flash the module via PC usb adapter and connected to smartport pin and gnd, no need for a Taranis.

Or maybe Hexfet has still some time to work on it...…….

More
01 Dec 2019 10:36 #75508 by Enrique33
Good idea I'm gonna intempt by flashing both on flewfirmware, Joshua Bardwell a'd Oscar Liang has share a method via betaflight

More
11 Dec 2019 23:22 #75564 by Corrado-c
Replied by Corrado-c on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus

Enrique33 wrote: Good idea I'm gonna intempt by flashing both on flewfirmware, Joshua Bardwell a'd Oscar Liang has share a method via betaflight

Hi!
I also have T8SG V2 PLUS and R9 radios,
did you manage to make them work?
I have the problem that I can't load the updated firmware on the R9M, on the R9mini I succeeded.
I'm trying with s.port and the frsky updater program

More
03 Aug 2020 01:56 #76651 by alphasierra
Replied by alphasierra on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
any updates on this issue? i am unable to update my firmware on my r9m or r9m mini. I get two groups of options for download, accst an access(ota)

i was unable to update any of the access firmwares but not the accst

i was also able to get the module to bind to the rx but get no channel response(light is green on rx but get no movement of flaps or throttle

using px4

when i try to update access firmware using stk all i get is "looking for module"

also, every nightly build i try now says missing module cyrf6936 so im running on stock firmware(from jumper)

i know i may seem like i dont know what im doing but ive exhausted what i believe to be every forum item i could find on it and i dont have a background in coding or programming but i am definitely trying

thank you for your time and effort in helping me out.

More
03 Aug 2020 09:38 #76652 by propnut
Sorry to say this but I haven't seen any of the developers e.g. Hexfet login for a long time so I suspect that this project is being left to die. As it is opensource hopefully some other enterprising developers can take the source code and create a fork or simply continue with the project. So I don't think you are going to get much in the way of support. You may want to consider getting an OpenTX radio e.g. a Radiomaster TX16S.

Also that error you are getting regarding the CYRF chip is not right. I am using a fairly recent nightly on both a RadioMAster TX8 and a Jumper T8SG Plus and have no such issue.

More
04 Aug 2020 14:09 #76655 by alphasierra
Replied by alphasierra on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
thanks for the reply and letting me know what the deal is. its really unfortunate how these thing go sometimes. im finding that in this hobby the lack of standardization of protocols and lack of information in regards to the products available really makes it extremely time consuming and at this point even expensive. since i decided to go with r9m after substantial research i still ended up purchasing a transmitter that doesnt seem to be compatible, even with the supplementary r9m module, with the correct firmware installed in the moidule and the reciever( another pita btw).

anyways i got a taranis on the way... and i guess ill just grab another 2.4 reciever and maybe the jumper can be a redundant tx?

what setup are you using?
any suggestions for a long range setup? (>5km)

i was getting that message bc i flashed the jumper with the r9m module in the expansion slot.

and one more question, how did the people in the previous forum posts have sucess with this and now it just wont work?

More
04 Aug 2020 15:18 #76656 by propnut
Sorry don't know, I don't do long range FPV. I tend to fly racing quads, planes and helis. I saw on the other thread that the guy got his 2019 R9 module to work. Why don't you ask him how.

It is a real pity with regard to the lack of development but we need to remember that it was a hobby for these guys and I suppose they have moved on. Walkera no longer make transmitters and that was the prime reason for this exist. Jumper just jumped (excuse the pun) on the bandwagon.

Still I love my T8SG for what I need. I have a Taranis X9D (that I will never sell as it is amazing) and I also have a Radiomaster TX16S which is also very nice. Simple fact the OpenTX community is very active and this one sadly is not.

More
11 Aug 2020 05:25 #76668 by gustavochagas
Replied by gustavochagas on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
It works! I have RadioMaster Tx8 (Jumper Tx T8SG):

1 - Updated with deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-48d7be1;
2 - I have R9M 2019 with R9 Slim + ota, I needed to update: FW-R9M-ACCST-20190117 and FW-R9Slim + OTA-ACCST_20200403 (*updated the R9M and R9Slim via S.Port of a friend's Taranis x9 lite);

After that I performed the BIND with pxx protocol, turning on the R9 Slim + holding the bind button and selecting Bind by radio ...INAV tested the recognition of the channels, but there is still a hardware modification to receive telemetry from a module in the JR compartment ...

in this video I show that BIND is done >>

Attachments:

More
18 Aug 2020 05:31 - 18 Aug 2020 05:37 #76694 by tyron
Replied by tyron on topic R9M for T8SG V2 Plus
Hi,
I can't get the r9m to work with t8sg.

I have a T8SG PLUS (carbon)
the firmware is
deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-9e9beec

not v2 plus

The r9m module is R9M 2019 with the Access word placed vertically.

I followed the steps in FrSky R9M 2019 Access manual that are different from R9M 2019 (EU /non EU) manual, also the led indications are different.
But the r9m module once powered on stay fixed red, even I put it in the T8sg or not, no difference.

I tried to holding the F/S button but nothing happened.
Tried to bind with R9 MM-OTA receiver with PXX or PPM but nothing.

What are the steps to get it to work?

I do not want to update the r9m firmware because I don't think it is a firmware issue. Before update it I would like to see some communication signal between the module and t8sg, for example when I push bing in PXX mode I expect the the red led flash on the module as written in the manual.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2020 05:37 by tyron.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds