trouble installing 2nd module into devo 7e

More
26 Jul 2014 19:08 #24818 by jacklscott3
trouble installing 2nd module into devo 7e was created by jacklscott3
hey there,
I installed a cc2500pa into my devo 7e and liked it so much I decided to add a NRF24L01 for my v922. I cut the wires at the mid point coming off of the cc2500pa, and then just spliced the nrf24l01 into the existing wiring. Im worried I may have fried the board, because I mixed up the CSN and CE pins. so I had the CSN going into the VCC pin on the transmitter, and I had the CE pin running into the TCK pin. I caught it after only turning on the transmitter once, but once is all it would take, so thats been a concern for me. Could this mistake fry the board? or perhaps the TCK pin? Anyways I corrected the wiring, then 'enabled nrf24l01=A14' (since its going into my TCK pin) then i changed the power from '=0' to '=1'
I then turned on my TX and went to a v922 model I had currently set up to work with the WL-T6 external adapter, and changed the protocol from 'ppm' to 'HiSKY' and tried to bind my heli with no luck.
WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!
The thing is my cc2500 module is working, so I really think the wiring is all solid. I even cut the wires and spliced it again, making sure ever thing was wired in perfectly.
any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2014 06:54 #24838 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic trouble installing 2nd module into devo 7e
It's possible that you fried the addon board or the pin. To check that, wire up the nrf24l01 to TMS instead (just need to change the one wire) and leave the cc2500 disconnected. If it works then, you fried TCK, if it doesn't, you probably fried the module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds