Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-XMS) builds

More
28 Feb 2017 20:57 - 28 Feb 2017 22:14 #59729 by FDR
It is caused by my e94ca720e6a998a2403d5a0b0d06e583528810cf commit.
I will try to investigate, what went wrong...

I was wrong, it is the commit 7c320b2f4ce25340b04fd640eb6e85a426f0dd0f
Last edit: 28 Feb 2017 22:14 by FDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2017 22:27 #59733 by FDR
OK, I've got the cause, but I need to revise the other changes as well before I commit...

More
01 Mar 2017 08:20 - 01 Mar 2017 08:21 #59740 by FDR
I've checked in the correction and sent a pull request.

Aside from the customizability, these kind of errors are my primary reason to rewrite the GUI code.
There are a lot of codes, which use a global LabelDesc to draw the content, but always modify that back and fore to achieve different alignments, font or box types. This makes the code hard to read and modify, and makes customizing impossible...

I've already changed almost all the labels (i.e. the text before or above the fields) to an own LABEL_FONT, and I will continue with the other widget types, like the textselect...
Last edit: 01 Mar 2017 08:21 by FDR.

More
01 Mar 2017 13:55 - 02 Mar 2017 18:38 #59744 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-4MB) builds
* Added Romanian language support. I think it is the final version of language support.

DevoF12E and DevoF12E-4MB, with fixes, based on Nightly Builds:

Files deleted, see below...
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Mar 2017 18:38 by vlad_vy.

More
02 Mar 2017 02:32 #59756 by Artus
Replied by Artus on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-4MB) builds
If have tried all what i can - i was not able to unsolder / resolder the fucking chips - i have 2 damaged Mainboards. I ordered now 2 new for 70 Euro each and try to find out who is able to do this.

My bad was always to unsolder the existing chip .. i have the exeperice that the chinese use a solder which is out of "norm" ...

DEVO10 4in1 V5.0 DEVO F12E 4in1 V5
Align TREX 100 (3) Hubsan Q4
Walkera QRW100S Walkera QRX 350 Pro (FPV)
Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM
DIY 100 mm Micro QUAD - HGLRCF4F5PRO with INAV

More
02 Mar 2017 03:47 #59757 by M8A4X
Replied by M8A4X on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-4MB) builds
The used solder is ROHS conform, no lead used. This makes it harder to solder.

Depending on your Tools, the easiest way is to put a lot of new solder on one side of the chips legs, so it touches every single leg on this side. If not all pins are covered you can "wipe" in slow manner over the legs so they warm up even. Then apply some lifting force from the pinless side of the chip and gently! try to lift the heated pins up a bit. The still cold pins on the other chip side will thus bend a little. When you have one side of the legs lifted a little bit it is easy to remove the solder from this side by using solderwick or a desoldering pump or even by the solderingiron alone, always heating the solder, take some away, clean the tip of the iron and again take some solder away until there are no connections to the solderpads.

The other side of the chip goes the same way, but it should get loose pretty fast as it is no longer held in place by the now already loose pinrow on the other chipside.

This way you already apply fresh solder to the pads.

When the chip is removed, go over the solderpads just to get them as "flat" as possible. This helps when installing the new chip.

Pre-tin the legs of the new chip.
Because of the wider new chip body, gently bend its legs closer to its body, check if you bent them enough by placing it over the solderpads. It will be raised a little bit from the mainboard. You could cut the extra length of the pins or leave them as they are. I left them as they are and after installation put some hotglue under the chip to support it a bit. But unless you have the manner to throw your tranmitter on the ground on a regular basis this should not be neccessary as the chip is very lightweight an the soldered pins support it very well.

When the pins fit good, place the new chip on the pads and secure it temporarily with e.g. some tape (you can hold it also in place with some tweezers, if you got a steady hand which I have not...). Now solder one leg of the chip and check if it is still aligned.
If it is ok, solder one pin on the other side of the chip, apply gentle force on top of the chip, the leg should "dip" into the tin on the solderpad.
Once again check the alignment.
If it is OK, solder all the pins to the mainboard by just touching the pin and pad, the applied solder is enough to create the connection in most cases.
Check for solderbridges, if there are some, just heat the spot with the cleaned tip of the iron, normally the solder should find its way to the correct place without bridges.

Good luck for your next try!

More
02 Mar 2017 05:14 - 02 Mar 2017 05:46 #59758 by vlad_vy
I did not think it would be so hard to do for others. It was my first attempt to replace a chip. I walked in circles around the transmitter all day before decided to replace the chip. My first two attempts to unsolder the chip were also unsuccessful, but after I added a good amount of solder on the tip of a soldering iron 5mm chisel I could unsolder the chip.

M8A4X, you provide the good instruction, thank you. I added the instruction to the fist message of the topic.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2017 05:46 by vlad_vy.

More
02 Mar 2017 17:35 #59775 by rdowzall
Replied by rdowzall on topic Ultimate Devo F12E (devof12e-4MB) builds
Oh Crap, I read about removing the old chip and all was going great but realized after I removed the old chip I had pulled out a tiny piece of the tab on the board. Tried ta add solder but to no avail. Guessing the board is done.....any ideas where I can get a new board or have I just ruined a great transmitter?

More
02 Mar 2017 17:58 #59777 by M8A4X
Don't loose faith. The flash chip pins are connected straight to the main processor if i remember correctly. You can check where the trace went and solder a wire instead or if some trace is left, scratch away a little bit of the green soldermask to get to the copper trace and solder a wire between it and the flash chip pin. Soldering to the main processor pins is not the easiest task because of the little distance between its pins but it is possible (4in1 module owners need to do this in order to get the forth module-chip select).
First of all you have to find out where the trace of the gone pad went and then prepare for reestablishing this connection.

More
02 Mar 2017 18:21 #59778 by rdowzall
Thanks so much M8A4X!!!! Will try and follow where it goes. Must confess I am an old fart who loves RC and doesn't understand how all this works (but willing to try) had an idea.....could you solder wires from the original chip in its original untouched position on the board to new chip? In a sense have the two chips running together? Again I dont have a complete grasp on how all this works, just a thought.

More
02 Mar 2017 18:37 - 03 Mar 2017 18:19 #59779 by vlad_vy
* Minor and cosmetic fixes
* More efficient characters mapping for languages support

DevoF12E and DevoF12E-4MB, with fixes, based on Nightly Builds:

Files deleted, see below...
Last edit: 03 Mar 2017 18:19 by vlad_vy.

More
02 Mar 2017 18:40 #59780 by Artus
I have now some contacts to persons how have more know how than myself with this electronical details.
I had the same idea but i want to install a swich. I have found a person how seems to be able to repair my board - and he write to me thats not a quite good idea even if you switch the VCC +. So i dont follow my first plan. I dont want to have a blue-screen while flying with a 3kg Quad with 50 km/h.

I have ordered 2 new boards - 70 Euro each - and let me see if its possible to repair the boards - if not - i let this thing making by a person with more experience :)

Hope you will be successful - i was totally down after 2 nights ...

Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM

More
02 Mar 2017 18:47 #59781 by rdowzall
Artus, if I cant fix my board, where did you buy a new one? Quickly looked online but didn't have much luck. Thanks

More
02 Mar 2017 19:08 #59782 by Artus
Which country is your home ?

I have some ideas to help you ...

But it depends where you are at home ...

Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM

More
02 Mar 2017 19:10 #59783 by rdowzall
I am in USA, thanks for reply!!!

More
02 Mar 2017 19:34 #59784 by Artus
USA is not easy to help you direct i think cause i am in Germany

Walkera has in each country an "official dealer" try to find out who it is - i have gone this way a year ago and normaly they are able to help you with a new mainboard.

But - you can try to find someone who is able to repair this board - i have found one via Ebay within 2 hours - i think in your country will be a lot of well educated and helpful persons.

And this person will solder me the new chip on the new boards. I have spent 3 nights - better to let someone with experince and Know-how :)

If you don't find any person who is able to help you - then we can discuss about how i can help you.

Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM

More
02 Mar 2017 20:07 #59785 by Artus
I have seen on the Walkera page that IUAS Seattle is the official support. I heard about - and i think they are able to send you a new mainboard.

Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM

More
03 Mar 2017 03:31 #59792 by M8A4X
@rdowzall:
Connecting the chips "in parallel" is not possible like Artus mentioned correctly. Cutting power to one chip can still result in disturbing signals from and to the chips.
In circuits which use an arrangement like that there is something called "slave select", so the storage chip to/from which should be written/read "knows" that it is now meant to do something with the data comming along the datalines. The other(-s) is/are stopped acting for that time.

With the F12E circuits like they are designed I don't think this is intended to do so because normally the main processor only expects one single chip at the end of the circuit traces.

@Artus: May you give a link or name to your sparepart vendor as it may will be usefull to others (me^^) at some day? (I'm also from germany)
Thank you!

More
03 Mar 2017 15:42 #59808 by Artus
In Germany we have 2 companies which are able to help with Walkera Spareparts
The first "Trade4me" - but the dont answer me an email i have sent them 1 year ago. I had the problem with a lost SMD-Resistor from the transmitter-modul board of the F12E

XCiteRc answered me fast - and delivered me also some parts i need for may 3GD Gimbal. And today i have the information that the new boards are available for me within 3 weeks.

(Only the problem how i can earn 140 Euros for paying they are not able to solve)

Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM

More
03 Mar 2017 16:58 #59813 by M8A4X
Thank you very much, Artus!

Regarding the spare boards price... ouch!
Maybe you can also reroute the lost pads by wire on your damaged boards? It would be worth a try before spending the money on the new boards.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds