How to configure the failsafe dsm2?

More
21 Feb 2014 04:48 #20682 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic How to configure the failsafe dsm2?
Ok thanks i will give it a try i am using a skektrum ar6210rx so will try setting it in the tx and rebind it to see if it works and will defiantly verify if it works before i fly...

thanks a bunch
<Marty>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2014 07:34 #20686 by magic_marty
i've tried every way i can think of and i can't get failsafe to work at all ...when i power my tx off it just cuts the throttle which ir really bad on a quadcopter...i want it to trigger FMOD2 which is RTH but it just wont do it no matter how i try any advice? i gotta be doing something wrong...

More
21 Feb 2014 07:45 - 21 Feb 2014 07:54 #20687 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic How to configure the failsafe dsm2?
If you read the manual for AR6210 -

"The AR6210 features SmartSafe failsafe. SmartSafe is ideal for most types of aircraft. With SmartSafe, when signal is lost the throttle channel only is driven to its preset failsafe position (normally low throttle) while all other channels hold last command."

If you need preset failsafe for all channels, you need other Rx. At least it will be AR7010, AR8000 or higher.

On most AR receivers with preset failsafe this is done by turning on the Rx with the bind plug in place, REMOVING THE BIND PLUG BEFORE TURNING ON THE TX, and then turning on the Tx in bind mode.

or exactly

Preset Failsafe
If the signal is lost, all channels are driven to their failsafe position set during binding. Preset Failsafe is ideal for sailplanes, as spoliers can be deployed during loss of signal, preventing a flyaway.

How To Program
1. Insert the bind plug and power on the receiver.
2. When the receiver LEDs blink, indicating bind mode, remove bind plug before binding the transmitter to the receiver.
3. LED lights will continue to blink.
4. Move transmitter’s control sticks and switches to the desired Preset Failsafe positions, then turn it on in bind mode.
5. The system should connect in less than 15 seconds.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2014 07:54 by vlad_vy.

More
21 Feb 2014 08:05 - 21 Feb 2014 08:09 #20688 by magic_marty
so if i do it that way i just flip the FMOD2 switch then bind it? i think i tried it that way but will try again...do i need to power off the tx or just have it on the bind screen and then press bind? i don't think it can be turned on in bind mode can it?
Last edit: 21 Feb 2014 08:09 by magic_marty. Reason: typo

More
21 Feb 2014 08:25 - 21 Feb 2014 08:25 #20689 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic How to configure the failsafe dsm2?
Once again, AR6210 has preset failsafe on throttle channel only.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2014 08:25 by vlad_vy.

More
21 Feb 2014 08:29 #20690 by magic_marty
so i have no way to set it to activate the FMOD2 switch it will only hold last posistion of channels and cut the throttle which is really bad on a quad that will fall out the sky like a brick...lol

More
21 Feb 2014 09:01 #20692 by magic_marty
I have accepted defeat and realize i am not going to get it to go to RTH if signal is lost so i hope i never loose the signal or my quad will drop out the sky which i guess is better then flying away at lease i could maybe find it and pick up the pieces...guess i will get a different rx before i fly any long distance..

More
21 Feb 2014 09:11 #20693 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic How to configure the failsafe dsm2?

magic_marty wrote: I have accepted defeat and realize i am not going to get it to go to RTH if signal is lost so i hope i never loose the signal or my quad will drop out the sky which i guess is better then flying away at lease i could maybe find it and pick up the pieces...guess i will get a different rx before i fly any long distance..

What flight controller?

On MultiWii you can define a soft failsafe and tell the controller to spin the motors at a certain percentage for a set amount of time (additional to engaging autolevel) in order to avoid dropping like a rock.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
21 Feb 2014 09:13 #20694 by magic_marty
its the Walkera qrx350 which has no way to set anything in the controller it comes pre-configured with only firmware updates..

More
21 Feb 2014 11:45 #20695 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic How to configure the failsafe dsm2?
You can use other channel for the throttle, and set the throttle channels failsafe value to equal to the RTH value...

More
22 Feb 2014 05:09 #20728 by magic_marty

FDR wrote: You can use other channel for the throttle, and set the throttle channels failsafe value to equal to the RTH value...

Im all ears if some one would kindly explain the steps on how to do that..i have no idea cause even tho i been using deviation since day one i still consider myself a newbie cause i have not did many setups using it...

More
22 Feb 2014 10:44 #20732 by magic_marty
would this work? if i set the subtrim to a high negative value and then set the preset failsafe by binding with plug removed after i get the binding signal then set the subtrim back to normal and rebind but this time do not bind with plug removed? i read on a APM forum where they did something similar to get it to trigger RTH by using the preset on the throttle ch...i think i will try it and see if it works and let you guys know my results...im just not sure how to get the throttle to trigger the FMOD2 switch with the subtrim at low value...not sure what settings i need to input..

More
22 Feb 2014 14:25 #20739 by magic_marty
YAY !!! i got it working..what i did was go to the channel reorder screen and switch the THch1 to the Gearch5 posistion and put the Gearch5 to where the THch1 was and then switched the throttle and gear plugs on the rx ...then powered up with bind plug and after the rx was in bind mode i removed the bind plug then on the tx flipped the FMOD2 switch which is RTH mode then pressed BIND and it bound...i held up the quad by hand with bout half throttle and flipped off the tx and soon as it lost signal it went into RTH mode...dam i love this firmware!!

thanks all...

More
22 Feb 2014 21:48 #20758 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic How to configure the failsafe dsm2?
Yep, that's what I meant to do...
I'm glag it worked.

More
08 Jan 2017 00:05 #57661 by Hordejuk
Replied by Hordejuk on topic How to configure the failsafe dsm2?
sorry for digging old thread, but ive tried to set up failsafe on my helis throttle channel (k-bar fbl, orange sat reciever)

when i turn my 7e off, all the channels go up to 70%, i have no idea whats causing it :/

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds