Devo 10 on Phoenix

More
15 Mar 2015 19:55 #29750 by Zoide
Replied by Zoide on topic Devo 10 on Phoenix
What's the right config to use with the latest version of Deviation?

Also, is any type of adapter needed to connect the Phoenix dongle to a Devo 10?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2015 19:07 #30760 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic Devo 10 on Phoenix with 200srx/200qx
I bought the adapter but it works fine without it (I have the white Devo 10).

My question is had anyone been able to use the 200qx (with the 350 qx on phoenix)/200srx files on it? I use mwm's with the dialable stagility and would just change the output to ppm. I can't figure out the Phoenix model/transmitter configs to allow the mode switching to work (F MODE). How do I set up the transmitter (custom, 2601, etc?)/model (simple/advanced settings) so those modes work?

More
03 Apr 2015 19:13 #30761 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 on Phoenix
I forgot to mention something in the PM!

Phoenix (and the Blade 'copters) assigns the flight mode selection to channel 5, which is normally the GEAR channel. You have to get Phoenix calibrated so the flight mode switch, not the gear switch, changes channel 5.

Unfortunately, this can't be changed. I hope they fix it before a model with SAFE mode and rectracts makes them rethink this. For now, I've tweaked my Phoenix model.ini so that switching from heli to airplane in the Tx switches that.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
03 Apr 2015 20:19 #30764 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic Devo 10 on Phoenix
Please clarify what you mean by "switching from heli to airplane in the Tx switches that.". Do you mean it allows you to change flight modes with the gear switch - say I'm in the 200 SRX and I have it in intermediate and want to change to expert - how would I do that? That is actually all I want to do - change from intermediate to expert and if possible have a panic button just so I can train the muscle memory for the real thing.

More
03 Apr 2015 23:44 #30773 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 on Phoenix
Yes, my Phoenix model.ini lets me change the flight modes with the gear switch, not the flight mode switch. That mode.ini basically changes from an airplane config to a helicopter config with a switch, so that I only have to use one model.ini for Phoenix, and not two.

The flight mode on Phoenix, like the 200SRX, is controlled by channel 5. All you have to do is make sure you set that channel up with the switch you want to control the flight mode when you calibrate Phoenix.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds