Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$

More
02 Oct 2016 00:06 #54488 by pumplex
Hi there I would like to request a working config ini for the F210 (none 3D model) on mode 2, I have managed to find working ones for the Nano FPV QX2 and the Furious 320 GPS but have not seen the F210 anywhere.

I am willing to offer a drink ($5 PP) to the first person who can supply/create a working one preferably with working telemetry & flight mode toggles.

Thanks
PumpleX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2016 06:39 #54499 by mwm
Set my patreon page at www.patreon.com/mwm for details on my model config service.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
03 Oct 2016 00:15 #54530 by pumplex
Replied by pumplex on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
Hi I sent you a PM but don't know if you have checked your inbox I sent:

Hi thanks for your reply I checked out your patreon page I just wanted to confirm with you before continuing.

Do you have/need a F210 to create a config?
Also I have never used pateron before, I have just signed up and followed you, If you are good to do the F210 config do I just select $5.00 reward per month and then send you a message with the details?

Thanks for your help I have included the info you request on pateron below:

Model: Walkera F210
Config Name: F210
Protocol: DEVO
Transmitter: Devo 10
Receiver: RX713
deviationTx: v5.0.0

Options:
Mode 2
Mix Switch: 3 Flight Modes W Flip/Rolls
RUDD D/R: Rotor Idle if Possible
With telemetry please, I would like battery voltage and some indication of what mode is enabled on the main screen if its not too much.

Manual:
img.banggood.com/file/products/201601150...Start%20Guide-EN.pdf

Latest F210 Firmware (config_v1.3.txt):
www.walkera.com/downloads/F210/F210%20Fi...h%20March%202016.rar

More
04 Oct 2016 09:31 #54577 by mwm
I'm answering her do everyone can see. I'll add some info to the patreon page as well.

Generally, I don't need the model to set up the config, just good documentation on how to control it bid the channels. I'll build the config on an emulator for your Tx, and verify that the channels do what they should be doing.

And yes, sign up at the five dollar rate and send me the info you have here. There are some things I'm not clear on, but I need to read the manual before I can ask intelligent questions.

Thanx for the interest!

More
04 Oct 2016 10:00 #54579 by pumplex
Thanks for the reply I have pledged $5 to you on patreon and sent you a message.

Thanks again

More
05 Oct 2016 11:53 #54623 by mwm
Ok, this is the first round. I fully expect you to want changes. Here's what you have and potential problems. Details repeated in case others download it.
  • AIL DR switches between 100%/1-1 (1) and 70% expo 30% (0) on ailerons and elevator. It has a E low icon for the 0 postiontion.
  • ELE DR switches between those settings on the rudder with an R low icon.
  • RUD DR is a sticky throttle hold in position 0. Sticky means it won't go off until the throttle is at 0. You didn't ask for sticky, but it's SOP as it means the model won't take off unexpectedly if you accidentally turn it off with throttle applied. If you don't want it, let me know. This has an inverted TH icon.
  • MIX switches between flight modes. It displays F0/F1/F2 depending on the mode, with the latter two inverted since you can do flips.
  • Nothing else is used. In particular, no "rotor idle feature". More below.

Biggest issue is that MIX may not work properly, because the manual was vague about the channel. It may not work at all if it's on the wrong channel. You can copy the GEAR channel from 5 to 6 then 7 if you want to try testing it on your own. Second, the switch may be backwards - so that 0 is rate mode and 2 is stability mode. You can fix that by reversing the channel in the channel settings. The "how to fix" info is in case you want to try fixing it at the field. I'll be happy to correct it if you wish.

Rates/expo/etc are very personal. You didn't specified the EXPO 30 for low rates and nothing for high, as I set them to 1-1 as the most likely choice for those. Setting them both to EXPO 30 would probably be more popular. I personally set high rates to expo 35 and low rates to 1-1, so that the stick has the same behavior near midpoint.

I didn't set up your "rotor idle' because the FMODE switch is a 3-position switch on the 10.

More importantly, I think this is a bad idea. A really bad idea. But I don't use cleanflight and I don't do quad racing, so I figured I'd say why here and let people who are up to speed on these things let us know what they thought.

First point: it's not safe. Most of the energy in a small quad (or a racing quad) will come from the engines. So the best thing you can do to reduce damage to the quad and anything - or anyone - it may be about to hit is to shut the motors off. That reduces the amount of energy going into the crash, so reduces any damage or injury. With that in mind, let's look at your proposed uses.

Testing should be done with the props removed unless you're testing their behavior. In which case an "idle" mode may not be useful at all.

As for an automated "soft landing" - you only want to do that if you know you're over an area clear of people/obstacles/etc. But if you can see the quad to know it's safe to descend, and can control it so that this control will take effect, then you're probably better off doing something else. If you've lost control of the quad because radio reception isn't working, then this control won't help you. In this case, you want to set the failsafe values in the Rx to get the behavior you want.

Used to be, quad manufacturers would set the flight controller so that the props never stopped moving, because the other controls become ineffective under those conditions. The companies I buy from have gone away from that, and AFAIK most people in the hobby recommend against that setting. And again, this isn't something you'd set on the transmitter, but on the flight controller. Possibly cleanflight can do that if you really want it, and if it can't, that's a sign that the developers and other pilots think it's not a good thing.

That said, this is easy to do if you want it. The only unused two-position switch is the GEAR switch. Just let me know which switch position should enable it if you want it.

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2016 18:45 - 06 Oct 2016 09:24 #54636 by pumplex
Thanks for the hard work and the feed back, I just managed to do some (very) limited testing indoors and can confirm the the mix switch is inverted.

With the Mix set to 2 and AIL DR 0 / ELE DR 0 the handling is very smooth like a Nano QX2 (non agility mode) on steroids :)
I totally understand what your saying about rotor idle I didn't consider having to cut the power for safety and to limit damage :blush:

What Rates/Expo would you recommend for beginners?

Other that the Mix Switch everything else feels spot on, I am going to take it out tomorrow morning if the wind permits and test further ;)

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that your were right about the voltage telemetry being osd only, The voltage does not show.

I have created the toggle icons and a model icon:

File Attachment:

File Name: F210-ICONS.zip
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 09:24 by pumplex.

More
06 Oct 2016 15:34 - 06 Oct 2016 15:35 #54655 by mwm
Ok, here's an updated version. The icons need to be installed separately, so I've included them all as a convenience. More on those at the end. Unzip this in the top directory of the Tx USB drive to install the model icon in the modelico folder and new versions of the toggle*.bmp files in the media folder. It puts F210.ini in the models folder; you'll need to rename that to the appropriate model#.ini file.

This should fix the MIX switch reversed issue. Not sure I have the toggle icons in the right order, though. I also disabled telemetry since it doesn't work.

You didn't say whether or not the throttle hold switch also disarmed (what they call "motor lock") the flight controller. I assumed it did, and added a sequence that should automatically arm the flight controller ("unlock the motor"). When you switch RUDD DR from the 0 to 1 position, it will move the rudder stick to the appropriate position for a couple of seconds to do that. I do this for my blade quads, and love it. This may require you to tune the time with the model in hand. If it doesn't work or if its to long, let me know and I'll provide instructions. If you want this taken out, let me know as well.

There is only room for three new toggle icons, so I added the three flight mode icons. The A/E/R rate icons replaced the ones that were in use. I must say they look a lot better than I expected when I first saw them. But the new ones clash with the old ones, and are shared across all models. You may want to tweak the media/toggle*.bmp files for later models.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 15:35 by mwm.

More
06 Oct 2016 16:03 #54658 by mwm
I'm not a good person to ask about rates/expo stuff, as I'm not a real fan of them. What are good values depend on what your goal is. In general, being "good for a beginner" means you've turned things down so the quad isn't quite as responsive. This is because beginners tend to over-react on the controls, throwing the sticks from side to side, tossing the aircraft around in the sky.

The usual fix is to use either Expo or lower rates - or in the case you've got set up, both - to make the sticks less sensitive in the center. Lower rates make the stick less sensitive across the entire range, so have a lower maximum value. Expo makes things curve, so you can have less (or more with negative expo) sensitive sticks in the middle but still get to the maximum rate. Word of warning here: the sign of expo is a convention, and some transmitters reverse it from what deviation does. So if you see a recommendation for "30% expo" for some transmitter, they may mean what we call -30% expo!

My take on it is to set low rates for beginners, then use expo on the high rates so that the center stick responds about the same as low rates. That way the flight reflexes from low rates work properly on high rates, but get to 100%. So I use a 70% rate for low rates and a 35% expo on high rates.

More
06 Oct 2016 19:02 - 06 Oct 2016 19:02 #54677 by pumplex
Thanks for the explanation, So If I wanted to set the rates as you would, Would I change the following:?

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I have been reading up on your blog and other high profile members posts on here and have figured out how to add custom toggle icons to toggle3.bmp and I have removed the telemetry voltage and added a custom icon but I am not sure if I have inverted the mix switch correctly I haven't been able to test it since I changed the config, Could you tell me if it is correct:

File Attachment:

File Name: F210.zip
File Size:3 KB

Thanks again
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 19:02 by pumplex.

More
08 Oct 2016 11:36 #54716 by mwm
Sorry, I got distracted yesterday and didn't get back to this. You've got two questions and they'll different things, but neither do what either one asks about.

I posted am updated .ini file that should have fixed the mix switch, and added automatic motor unlock. Have you had a chance to test that?

I actually do most of my programming on the Tx or in an emulator. To change the rates, you have to change all the channels. All of them use the expo & d/R mix type. So set the curve to expo 35% on the first mix, and then set the second mix to 1-1 and a scale of 70%.

More
30 Oct 2016 14:14 #55521 by jr128128
Replied by jr128128 on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
Through your creation of this ini did you figure out what channel the fc has the flight modes on?

More
23 Dec 2016 23:08 #57178 by Knobs
Replied by Knobs on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
Ever had a updated version that fully works ?

More
27 Feb 2017 21:35 #59695 by cjochetz
Replied by cjochetz on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
Hey, MWM. I've been delving into this process with an F210 3D. I'm assuming this file would work but without the 3D flight mode?

More
27 Feb 2017 21:55 #59696 by mwm
I'd say probably. Most manufacturers that sell stand-alone Tx's want all their models to work with the non-computerized version, so tend to standardize on what the radio should do. If it controls it at all, the functions that are on both should all work properly.

More
04 Mar 2017 16:25 #59843 by cjochetz
Hey, again, MWM. My understanding is that the flight modes set up by Walkera for the F210 and F210 3D reside in the flight controller. I've been breaking down your .ini file and doing a lot of reading in an effort to come to better understand Deviation and how to program models.

One thing that's not clear to me is your code for the MIX switch. It appears to be configured with null settings (e.g., usertrim=0, points=0 on the curve, etc.). And it only mentions aileron. Can you talk a little bit to what this mix does? Does this have those settings at "0" so that the flight controller settings take effect? I'm trying to program my Devo 10 so that I have all the factory flight modes on my F210 3D. The 3D model uses both the MIX switch (for 2D flight modes) and the FMOD switch (to control 3D modes).

Thanks for all the help you provide!

More
04 Mar 2017 20:07 #59848 by mwm
I honestly don't remember - I wrote this for someone else and don't use it.

But most likely the curve type is "fixed". That ignores everything but scale, which is the value it will output. Everything just gets default values. And yes, that means Src is ailerons, which has always bugged me, just not enough to do anything about.

More
16 Mar 2017 01:50 #60233 by cjochetz
Hey again, mwm. So, I tried your model file for the first time today (been getting familiarized with the F210 3D on the Devo 7 and using the Devo 10 just for sims) and I can't get the model to arm. It seems to bind as the lights respond to the controls though. Any thoughts?

More
17 Mar 2017 20:59 #60299 by cjochetz
mwm, I figured out why my F210 3D won't arm. The model is assuming 3D mode by default, so the throttle has to be at "0" on the TX (midpoint) for it to arm. At that point, of course, I'm stuck in 3D mode—which I don't really care about at the moment. Any thought on how to get this thing to assume 2D flight modes and ignore 3D?

More
18 Mar 2017 09:59 #60320 by mwm
Still can't really help. I don't remember what channel sets it to 2d mode. Are you arming it with a switch? If so, that switch in the armless position should be a safety switch on the throttle output channel so it's at 0.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds