Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$

More
18 Mar 2017 20:55 #60350 by cjochetz
Replied by cjochetz on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
I think I figured it out. I compared the inputs of my stock Devo 7 with the Devo 10 in CleanFlight. They appear to be doing the same thing now. I'm going to go fly for confirmation and then I'll report back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2017 16:16 #61264 by dksoft
Replied by dksoft on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
Hello folks.
Could you advice how to configure Devo10 for F210 3d? I purchased F201 3D BNF version, because i already have Devo 10 RC which comes with Furious 320g... Thanks

More
08 Apr 2017 16:41 - 08 Apr 2017 16:42 #61266 by cjochetz
I have an F210 3D model file that I'll post as soon as I get home today.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2017 16:42 by cjochetz.

More
08 Apr 2017 17:17 #61268 by dksoft
That's amazing!
thanks at advance!

More
08 Apr 2017 21:42 - 08 Apr 2017 21:45 #61277 by cjochetz
Hey, dksoft. Attached is the model config file for an F210 3D. I took the work MWM did above for the F210 and enabled the FMOD switch to work as Walkera intended on the Devo 7. With FMOD at "0", the MIX switch will change between the three 2D flight modes: Horizon, Angle, Acro. With FMOD in "1" or "2" you will have your two 3D flight modes: semi auto and manual.

The AIL DR and ELE DR switches are set up as MWM mentions above. I removed the arm switch and throttle hold that had been set up as I couldn't get it to work with the motor-stop feature in CleanFlight.

You'll need to rename the .ini file to reflect the model number slot you'll be using on your Devo 10 and place the icon (if you want to use it) in the appropriate deirectory.

File Attachment:

File Name: MODEL2.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Apr 2017 21:45 by cjochetz. Reason: Spelling

More
08 Apr 2017 22:45 #61281 by dksoft
Thank you very much, cjochetz!
I'm familiar with .bin files for Devo (upload using Walkera DFUSB tool) , but i don't think i understand how to copy ini and bmp files? Could you elaborate please?
:)

More
08 Apr 2017 23:00 #61283 by cjochetz
You're welcome, and I'm far from an expert so please test to ensure that the quad is responding appropriately before flying.

While holding the ENT button down on your Devo 10, turn it on. You should see a USB icon on the Devo 10 screen. PLug the transmitter in to your computer with a USB cable and it should appear on your computer like a hard drive. Within the file system on the Devo 10, you find a MODELS folder full of .ini files labeled Model 1, Model 2, etc. The correspond to the model slots available to load on the transmitter. So, if the F210 3D is your only model, it would appear in the first slot in the Devo 10 when you go to the model menu and hit the Load command. In that case, just rename the .ini file I posted "Model 1" and drag it to the Models folder on the Devo 10. The .bmp icon file needs to be dragged to the Icons folder. That's all from memory as I don't have my transmitter in front of me.

If the browser is trying to open teh files instead of downloading them, you can try control-clicking the file and choosing "save link as" and selecting a destination on your hard drive to save it. At least, that's the procedure on my Mac.

More
08 Apr 2017 23:09 #61284 by dksoft
I'm actually waiting for delivery of F210 3D ... It should arrive next week probably... So i will test :)
When i hook ENT button, Devo boots normally (nothing appears on my Windows 10 (i also tried on iMac). I alos tried to noot Devo with EXT button pressed, and it enters in programming mode, but no USB drive appears on PC...
I will try again later with Windows 7 :)

More
08 Apr 2017 23:14 #61285 by dksoft
... and i alos contacted Walkera support with the same question (i mean, how to configure Devo 10)... Waiting for the reply from them.
We will probably have an official procedure of that.

More
08 Apr 2017 23:32 - 08 Apr 2017 23:34 #61286 by cjochetz
Ah, I think I see the problem. Have you installed the Deviation firmware? All of this (even the model config file) assume that you have the Deviation firmware (not created by or supported by Walkera) on your Devention transmitter. If you want to use the transmitter as it is, the F210 3D manual will have instructions on how to configure the Devo 10 for factory settings.

The Deviation firmware is useful if you want to use your Devo 10 hooked to your computer to take advantage of quad simulators (highly recommended) or if you have models using non-Walkera protocols. You can then use your Devo 10 to control your Walkera products as well as some by other companies. If this is your first quad, just know that you will but more. It's virtually impossible not to.

You'll like the F210, I'll bet. :)
Last edit: 08 Apr 2017 23:34 by cjochetz.

More
08 Apr 2017 23:59 #61287 by jr128128
Replied by jr128128 on topic Walkera F210 Devo 10 Model.ini Request $$
To go 100% full circle..... i started my multirotor adventure on this post. The first one. When i thought the transmitter programmed the multirotor. I didnt even know a flight controller existed. I have the deviation mod. Do it. Do it now. It opens up anything you want to do. I am now past the f210 in skill level. Im now at scratch builds and am still using deviation to manage all my models (6). I run spektrum 4649t serial receivers and beta flight. Best flying quad ever.

Do the mod. Use the simulator and move on. Deviation isnt life. Its the tool that lets you build as you wish.

I also have an .ini that will fly the f210 on a devo 8s. If your not happy respond. My ini has an arm switch. I could share the .txt cleanflight file if you need it.

More
09 Apr 2017 00:17 - 09 Apr 2017 00:22 #61288 by cjochetz
Hey, jr128128. This thread started my journey as well. He has an F210 3D, as do I, so the F210 file you have won't work without the mods I did.

I agree with everything you said. I have not completely moved on from the F210 3D, but I do have two more quads now, with parts en route to build 2 more. It's a sickness :)

To add to the advice given, and assuming that you're starting your mutirotor journey, dksoft, just throw it in acro mode right away. Play in self level mode only as long as it takes to familiarize yourself with what the sticks do, then move on. Better yet, do yourself a huge favor and download FPV Freerider and learn that way. It is so worth it.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 00:22 by cjochetz.

More
09 Apr 2017 00:26 #61289 by jr128128
Im unaware of 3d? Does that spin the motors backwards when its upside down? I know rate mode. Whats the diff?

Also i have a f210 and 7 bats, and all the parts to make another. The goggle 4 and the devo 7. I want to part ways to fund a F4 raceflight build. $800 takes it all. I will pay shipping. Beginner drone deal of the year.

Current build logic....
Flynoceros cerebus
Andy shen orca

Matek hubosd
Xracer f3
Spektrum 4649t
Emax rs2205s
30a littlebee blheli_s
Tbs unify tx
RaceKraft 5.0x5.1

ALL RUN ON DEVIATION AS WELL OR BETTER THAN TARANIS

TELEMETRY IN FULL!

More
09 Apr 2017 00:45 - 09 Apr 2017 00:50 #61290 by cjochetz
Yes, the 3D version uses ESCs that will reverse the motors below mid-stick for inverted flying. Your F210 model .ini locks the 3D version into 3D mode. On the 3D model, you have two 3D flight modes in addition to the standard 3 2D modes. Honestly, I have very little interest in 3D. I bought it due to it having a known working fail safe. :)

I have the new F215 in the mail and a Diatone Crusader GT2 200. I find that I'd rather fly than build, but we both know that you end up building anyway out of necessity. I bought parts to do 2 scratch builds with my six year old son though. Looking forward to that.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 00:50 by cjochetz.

More
09 Apr 2017 00:51 #61291 by jr128128
I have a crusader 150 ro fly indoors during wisconsin winter..... Today i did my my first inverted yaw spin in rate mode! I also did my first backflip through a gravity gate..... i will never fly a bnf ever ever ever again!

More
09 Apr 2017 00:54 #61292 by cjochetz
Nothing at all wrong with BNFs, IMO, except those like the F210 that use proprietary parts. Something like a Crusader or F215, should accept any off the shelf replacement parts though, as I understand it.

More
09 Apr 2017 00:55 - 09 Apr 2017 01:09 #61294 by cjochetz
Also, congrats on the progression. I'm wondering where the plateau will be. I fully expect one soon--for me, I mean.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 01:09 by cjochetz.

More
09 Apr 2017 00:58 #61295 by jr128128
It depends if you can solder.....

More
09 Apr 2017 02:04 #61296 by dksoft
Yes, you are rirht. I have a standard Walkera firmware on Devo 10...

More
09 Apr 2017 04:08 #61298 by mwm

cjochetz wrote: The Deviation firmware is useful if you want to use your Devo 10 hooked to your computer to take advantage of quad simulators

The Devention software should work fine with most flight sims. Deviation (as usual) works better, unless Devention has added USBHID support.

If you have an older 10, then it might not have proper multirotor support. Most proprietary firmware tries to make things easy by directly supporting the flight type, so in this case you wind up being limited to the things you want a multirotor to do that are things they let a helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft do, plus some things that you can coerce the software into doing when you lie to it about what you have. We have that issue with the Standard GUI (which only works for heli's). It predates flight controllers, so doesn't handle them very well. The Deviation advanced mode gets it's power from not doing any of that, instead giving you raw access to the internal mixing facilities. So we don't need really need a multirotor mode for advanced. I added it because I got tired of people trying to use the standard GUI and then asking about "who do I do X" when the answer always starts with "Switch to the advanced GUI". And it meant we could provide a default icon for it :).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds