HiSKY protocol

More
01 Oct 2013 07:23 - 01 Oct 2013 07:23 #14191 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic HiSKY protocol

SeByDocKy wrote: No it doesn't work .... (same as I had in fact)

In fact I got unique pb. when press right stick forward (mode 2), the heli seems to backwared and vice and versa. If I invert this one now the it's inverted left/right on thr right stick. Both seems to be linked and I know nothing in profil .... (don't have time to read the doc)

I do think it's a swash mix issue, in the model file the elevator swash mix is inverted :
[swash]
type=120
ele_inv=1
ail_mix=50

This maybe the culprit, don't reverse your servos just play with the swash mix settings, in this case get rid of the "ele_inv=1" line.

I don't know how much experience you have with CP helicopter but this video from Finless Bob could help with ccpm setup :

www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/helis/t-rex-build/CCPM_Part_1.wmv

I won't have the time to solder the module before end of next week, and test myself...
Last edit: 01 Oct 2013 07:23 by blackmoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2013 08:23 - 01 Oct 2013 08:39 #14192 by panosnl
Replied by panosnl on topic HiSKY protocol
Last edit: 01 Oct 2013 08:39 by panosnl.

More
01 Oct 2013 12:52 #14194 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic HiSKY protocol

panosnl wrote: @victzh
That it too bad....

I see on ebay many offers for these modules:

They go for ~ 7USD . are they similar? they all show NRF24L01+ on the IC (along with more numbers).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NRF24L01-PA-LNA-SMA-Antenna-Wireless-Transceiver-communication-module-2-4G-BR-/151121393024?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232

or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-NRF24L01-PA-LNA-V5-0-16-32mm-Wireless-Module-without-Antenna-/121118816046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c333e772e

or would a shielded be better?
Shielded NRF24L01P + PA + Antenna

I would advice with the shield. I owned the last one and it's working perfectly both V2x2 and V9xx protocal

More
01 Oct 2013 16:31 #14196 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic HiSKY protocol
My own module is Besram's shielded module as in your last link. They claim it has nRF24L01P, meaning nRF24L01+. I did not verify this claim - they are VERY compatible with just nRF24L01, the difference is the "plus" support 250kbit/s bit rate and original only 1 and 2Mbit/s. This may or may not be important to you - some protocols use older nRF2401 chips and their bitrate. But as SeByDocKy mentioned it is perfectly suitable for V202 and V922 protocols.

More
01 Oct 2013 21:00 #14200 by SeByDocKy

blackmoon wrote:

SeByDocKy wrote: No it doesn't work .... (same as I had in fact)

In fact I got unique pb. when press right stick forward (mode 2), the heli seems to backwared and vice and versa. If I invert this one now the it's inverted left/right on thr right stick. Both seems to be linked and I know nothing in profil .... (don't have time to read the doc)

I do think it's a swash mix issue, in the model file the elevator swash mix is inverted :
[swash]
type=120
ele_inv=1
ail_mix=50

This maybe the culprit, don't reverse your servos just play with the swash mix settings, in this case get rid of the "ele_inv=1" line.

I don't know how much experience you have with CP helicopter but this video from Finless Bob could help with ccpm setup :

www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/helis/t-rex-build/CCPM_Part_1.wmv

I won't have the time to solder the module before end of next week, and test myself...

I fixed ele_inv=0 and it seems to be ok. Now I should fixed the curve of control to have a smooth control. But by the way, it's going to the right direction. What's a pitty that I understand almost nothing to all these parameters

More
02 Oct 2013 17:23 #14206 by SeByDocKy
Please find attached the modified model file for V922/fbl100 using a modded devo 7E with the nRF24L01+PA chip. This model file is based on a modification of the orignal model HT8-FBL100.

It's working great....
Many thanks to victzh (for compiling the suvsun devo7E branch) and blackmoon for his help

File Attachment:

File Name: v922-fbl10...4L01.ini
File Size:20 KB
Attachments:

More
02 Oct 2013 18:29 #14208 by blackmoon
I'm glad it worked.

Now I don't have to rush myself, I'm lazy :D :P

More
03 Oct 2013 18:14 - 03 Oct 2013 18:17 #14223 by panosnl
Replied by panosnl on topic HiSKY protocol
I ordered the shielded module from ebay.

Now I have to wait a few weeks...

Thanks for your help...
Last edit: 03 Oct 2013 18:17 by panosnl.

More
04 Oct 2013 07:02 #14231 by blackmoon
Seb you should post you config file in the model config topic, here it will be buried soon.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs

More
04 Oct 2013 08:50 #14232 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic HiSKY protocol
Hi there isn't a nrf chip that has a flexible antenna so you can push it inside the original antenna hole?
The chip linked has a rigid antenna so you have to cut the tx case.

Is the chip for hisky the same for skyartek? Thanks!

More
04 Oct 2013 09:17 #14233 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic HiSKY protocol
It is not recommended to put two antennas that close to each other...

More
04 Oct 2013 09:37 - 04 Oct 2013 15:44 #14235 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic HiSKY protocol
Ok not inside the same original antenna's hole but there isnt' a way to get a flexible antenna anyway to put it inside the case? Is that module full range, despite of the A7105 module that has a mini antenna?

And what about the HT8. Does it contain a module for the aim?
Last edit: 04 Oct 2013 15:44 by matrixFLYER.

More
04 Oct 2013 18:13 #14240 by MassiveOverkill
Replied by MassiveOverkill on topic HiSKY protocol
Victor the FLB 100 is on its way. I need it or the one you bought from HK back as it's the only one I have and I'll need it to test the Devo 7E's we'll be selling. The choice is yours.

More
04 Oct 2013 20:28 #14246 by misterpepper
Replied by misterpepper on topic HiSKY protocol
Recommended or not, I just bought some antenna coax to replace the connectors that came on the modules I bought, and put all 3 antennas (stock plus 2 modules) into the stock hole. Works great and I haven't had any issues.

More
04 Oct 2013 21:42 #14248 by victzh
@MassiveOverkill - sure, but I still have several problems with it - the one you sent me recently stopped driving one of its motors, so you probably should wait until I get one from HK. I will try to fix the problem - seems to be failed FET.

Also, I noticed the difference in behavior between sunvsuv's code and HT-8 - it sometimes loses the signal for the former and almost never for the latter. I suspect that protocol is not fully reversed - I see that the receiver tries to listen to some addresses I can't see in sunvsuv's code. So it is basically work half done.

I would appreciate if people who tried this code report on their success rate.

Also, if someone has sunvsuv's contact info besides Bitbucket repo's, can they ask him to contact me so we coordinate efforts.

More
04 Oct 2013 22:47 #14249 by MassiveOverkill
Sorry Victor....I barely flew the thing :(

More
04 Oct 2013 23:38 #14250 by victzh
No problem, I have lots of FETs, it's just a matter of finding them - I recently moved ;-) Also, it would help if I knew what FET is it - if I solder better FET it will not fly better, it will skew ;-)

Anyway, work ahead! And thanks for providing me with it, it helps a lot.

More
05 Oct 2013 00:41 #14251 by MassiveOverkill
I wish I knew. My electronics is novice. If I had more boards I'd try to find out. You've swapped motor plugs to make sure it's not a motor right?

More
05 Oct 2013 01:03 #14253 by Ardy
Replied by Ardy on topic HiSKY protocol
Victor Thanks for your work on this protocol. Here are my results so far.

I have the V922 and a Q-Bot. I was able to bind both to my Devo 7E.

The Q-Bot was easy to bind and seems to fly fine. When setting still at close range... 4ft or less the bind light will go out intermittently. I have not had it drop out while flying even at close range. I am using the transmitter antenna from a WLToys V939 soldered to a nRF24L01P. The antenna is routed horizontally inside the top edge of the Devo 7E.

The V922 flies using SeByDocKy's model config. I did have a hard time getting it to bind the first time. I'm not good enough with the V922 to compare performance to the HT-8 module. I have not seen the V922 bind light drop out like it does on the Q-Bot.

More
05 Oct 2013 04:24 #14255 by victzh
Thanks, Ardy, that helps. I'm still trying to figure out why the light goes off for my Q-BOT.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds