HiSKY protocol

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
25 Oct 2013 05:01 - 25 Oct 2013 05:49 #14940 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic HiSKY protocol

WheresWaldo wrote:

andmiller wrote: http://www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-Modified-For-FBL80-FBL100-WLtoys-V922-p-89812.html

Anyone seen this yet?

I saw this last night and its in my shopping cart, just can't tell if it is the module with the PA.

I posted a question about the PA on Banggood's 'Customer Discussions' section for this module. I also emailed their customer service department about the power amplifier.

Have anybody found out anything about this module yet?
Last edit: 25 Oct 2013 05:49 by BirdBarber. Reason: additional info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2013 07:03 - 25 Oct 2013 07:05 #14942 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic HiSKY protocol
You can see the power amp circuit. It's the second chip, closest to the antenna.

Here's a A7105 transceiver with, and without power amp circuit.

Here's a photo of the NRF24L01 with the PA circuit. Looks just like the BangGood one.

The NRF24L01 transceiver that doesn't have the PA will be missing that second chip. Just like the photos of the A7105 above.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2013 07:05 by Daryoon.

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
25 Oct 2013 09:02 #14946 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic HiSKY protocol

Daryoon wrote: You can see the power amp circuit. It's the second chip, closest to the antenna.....

Thanks Daryoon, I'll get a couple on order. I was expecting to see a metal shield case around the power amp, I guess that's optional.

I noticed some of the other components are a little different, so they're not the exact same boards. Do you know if these things have a standard pinout, or do I need to trace the board out with a multimeter and NRF24L01 data sheet?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
25 Oct 2013 10:26 #14949 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic HiSKY protocol
I would expect that the pinout will be different, although many modules seem to be clones of others. The order of the data lines are IMO given by the nrf-chip pinout, because every pcb designer will try to reduce crossings. But at least GND and VCC could be anywhere (esp. left or right of the data lines)...

More
25 Oct 2013 14:37 #14966 by Daryoon
On my board, the reverse side had the pins labeled.

More
25 Oct 2013 18:06 #14973 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic HiSKY protocol
I collected several pinouts of different modules which I came by. They are similar, but sometimes with annoying differences. E.g., there is semistandard 2x4 layout, and XL2500-D03 has very similar 2x5 layout, but for some reason MISO and MOSI exchanged.

More
09 Nov 2013 09:58 #15469 by Babay
Replied by Babay on topic HiSKY protocol
Hello everyone! I want to share the good news. A few days ago I was able to bind WLToys V933 to my DEVO10 with module from the old transmitter Nine Eagles Solo Pro and HiSky protocol patch. Everything is working very well.

More
01 Dec 2013 21:47 #16163 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic HiSKY protocol
just a heads up that i had to modify the hisky patch a little to get it to work on the latest nightly's, i only edited the existing patches instead of creating new ones (as i don't have the skills lol) but they apply and the protocol works ok
Attachments:

More
01 Dec 2013 21:55 #16164 by victzh
I started working on HiSky for real, so soon this patch should not be needed. It requires some revision in frequency hopping sequence and usage of CYRF chip as a source of unique id. It should not take long - all other aspects seems to be covered by the original author - suvsuv.

More
01 Dec 2013 22:56 #16165 by HappyHarry
that's great news, i look forward to your work :)

More
06 Dec 2013 08:56 - 08 Dec 2013 18:42 #16314 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic HiSKY protocol
Got my module installed and working, used the patch HappyHarry modified on the latest commits. Was able to bind with my HiSky FBL80 and all channels seem to work, now I just need to adjust the model.ini. I only tested this indoors and set my TX to 10mW output.

Victor, just like HH I am looking forward to your work on HiSky.

The HiSky micros are a lot of fun and with WLToys rebranding them parts are super cheap. They make great indoor flyers.

For anyone else I had a heck of a time finding a picture of someone who had done this mode on a Devo8 or Devo10. Finally found a write up with pictures in Russian. I did not translate the text but the pictures helped. Here is the link:
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 18:42 by WheresWaldo.

More
08 Dec 2013 18:23 #16414 by WheresWaldo
Victor, I am willing to test new patches. I only have one devo10 and it is modded with the nrf24l01+pa module working on a HiSky FBL80. So it looks like you have two testers, myself and Daryoon.

More
08 Dec 2013 18:39 - 08 Dec 2013 18:40 #16416 by Daryoon
Cool. I think many of us in this thread can help test.

Victzh needed a specific test run to allow multiple HiSky birds in the same area to be flyable. That's why he said he needed those with two Devo and two HiSky birds. or at least, a tester that has a friend that they can meet and fly the HiSky birds together with their modded Devo radio.

Currently, only one HiSky bird can be used at a time. :)

See victzh's post here:
deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/2285...-1-0?start=340#16206
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 18:40 by Daryoon.

More
08 Dec 2013 18:43 #16417 by WheresWaldo
Would it work if I had two birds and a HiSky x-6s as well as the devo10?

More
08 Dec 2013 19:37 #16420 by victzh
Basically, yes, it will work. I hope to finalize it for testing today or tomorrow, as usual real life makes initial plans a bit optimistic ;-)

More
08 Dec 2013 20:18 #16425 by HappyHarry
if a modded 7e and a second Tx using a wl-t6 module will be usable then i could also help test the changes, and no rush victzh, i'm just glad there are people like yourself (and pb, rbe etc etc) that release their work freely and open source for other people to use :)

More
12 Dec 2013 07:14 #16536 by victzh
Guys, check Devo7E and Devo10 builds in Builds topic. I put out 2 Devo7E test builds and 2 Devo10 test builds with HiSky protocols. They all are dev builds, meaning you can connect serial at 115200 to it's PPM port and have some debug output. But that's not important.

What important is: one build uses STM32 unique id, it marked with mfgid suffix. These builds should not interfere with each other even if you set the same TX id on two different controllers.

Another build is without this unique id, so they SHOULD interfere if use the same TX id.

If you set new id, take into account that it's effective only after power off/on or bind.

Could you check this behavior for me, please?

More
29 Jan 2014 21:52 #19393 by Leather Lung
Replied by Leather Lung on topic HiSKY protocol
Read the thread, but I'm new, what helis will this module work for? thanks

More
29 Jan 2014 22:22 #19396 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic HiSKY protocol

Leather Lung wrote: Read the thread, but I'm new, what helis will this module work for? thanks

Wltoys V922,V933,V944,V955, FBL70,FBL80,FBL90,FBL100

More
29 Jan 2014 23:08 #19397 by victzh
And in new notation HFP80, HCP80, HFP100, HCP100 where HFP means HiSky Fixed Pitch, HCP - HiSky Collective Pitch, 80 and 100 - heli's size.

Also, Q-BOT Micro (or HiSky FF120), probably some others.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds