JD 395 cx-10

More
26 May 2015 17:09 #33018 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic JD 395 cx-10

vasiliy_gr wrote: Comrades, here is my report on DM007.

It works with CX10-Green protocol. AIL channel should be inverted. Flips - ok (ch6 value should be changed momently not permanently). His original TX has two rates: L and H. They corresponde to two lower rates on ch5 (I used 0 and 33). The highest rate (100 on ch5) - is unavailable on stock TX. It is awesome. :) Flyes really greate. Much better than with stock TX.

What is unresolved? Camera - photo and video. And headless mode. If I am not mistaken - there are no channels above ch6 now, aren't there?..

Cool !
For photo, video and headless, I don't remember if you have a logic analyzer to provide spi captures from stock transmitter ?
Should be pretty easy to add once we figure out the flags.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2015 17:38 #33020 by vasiliy_gr
Replied by vasiliy_gr on topic JD 395 cx-10

goebish wrote: Cool !
For photo, video and headless, I don't remember if you have a logic analyzer to provide spi captures from stock transmitter ?
Should be pretty easy to add once we figure out the flags.

H-m-m... You see, I am a programmer (head of cryptography/programming department in my company), but not engineer in electronics... Some soldering work for me - is something wild. My best achievements in soldering - are two modules for devo 7e and 10. Before this I soldered something when there was USSR on the map.

But really I have logic analyzer (it is so cheap - I could not miss it). But I really do not know what to do with it next. If you can give me some links to evaluate the complexity of this task - I will think about this. But now I have no idea - on which side I should take the tool.

More
26 May 2015 17:45 - 26 May 2015 17:49 #33021 by goebish
I'm a programmer too, embedded & electronics is just a (wonderful!) hobby ;)

I can probably explain how to hook up the analyzer to the TX, but you might need a bit of experience with soldering wires on a SOIC IC legs. I'd recommend to have some training on a similarly sized chip on a scrap board, just solder thin wires to IC legs, it will probably be terrible at first but in less than one hour you'll be a pro ! (provided you've a decent soldering iron and 0.5mm solder wire)
If you're OK for the challenge start by posting a picture of the inside of the TX (pcb).
Last edit: 26 May 2015 17:49 by goebish.

More
26 May 2015 17:57 #33022 by goebish
You'll probably need to do something that looks like that:
imgur.com/a/7qWQm (CX-10 blue TX)
... or if you're lucky it is simpler on some board (test points on pcb or 2mm/2.54mm header for rf module)

More
26 May 2015 18:10 #33024 by vasiliy_gr

goebish wrote: I'm a programmer too, embedded & electronics is just a (wonderful!) hobby ;)

I can probably explain how to hook up the analyzer to the TX, but you might need a bit of experience with soldering wires on a SOIC IC legs. I'd recommend to have some training on a similarly sized chip on a scrap board, just solder thin wires to IC legs, it will probably be terrible at first but in less than one hour you'll be a pro ! (provided you've a decent soldering iron and 0.5mm solder wire)
If you're OK for the challenge start by posting a picture of the inside of the TX (pcb).

Ok, brother. :) Let's do it. But not today. Today I want to test CX-10A for blue pcb protocol, give some acceleration to my developers stuck on simplest problem with our own smartcard's protocol and drink beer after that. :)

More
26 May 2015 18:24 #33025 by goebish
Also, there are very few free bits left in the protocol to store extra flags, maybe we won't need a capture to find them.
I'll build a special firmware for you to test things later...

More
26 May 2015 20:03 #33029 by vasiliy_gr
Comrades, I tested cx-10a with CX10-Blue protocol on 7e.

Flips - working. Speed change - working. On high speed cx-10a really gone to headless. Anyway with devo it is still bad quad. Bad yaw rates, bad pitch rate. But it really do not related to devo... It is simply bad quad by itself.

More
26 May 2015 20:24 #33031 by stringrazor
Replied by stringrazor on topic JD 395 cx-10
Just loaded the code and did a quick test on my CX10 blue board. I need to tweak the model but it bound and flew 1st try. Excellent work, thanks!

More
26 May 2015 21:49 - 26 May 2015 21:56 #33036 by goebish

What is unresolved? Camera - photo and video. And headless mode.

Try this firmware (Devo10), it has a protocol named CX10Test with 2 extra protocol options, P13 & P14, try to set each one from 0 to 8 (combinations should have no importance) and check if one enable snapshot, video or headless then report. You don't need to restart/rebind or anything, just change the value and check if it does something.
www.dropbox.com/s/eh4p4pssv3cfu6d/Devo10_cx10test.dfu?dl=0
Last edit: 26 May 2015 21:56 by goebish.

More
27 May 2015 13:45 #33051 by vasiliy_gr

goebish wrote:

What is unresolved? Camera - photo and video. And headless mode.

Try this firmware (Devo10), it has a protocol named CX10Test with 2 extra protocol options, P13 & P14, try to set each one from 0 to 8 (combinations should have no importance) and check if one enable snapshot, video or headless then report. You don't need to restart/rebind or anything, just change the value and check if it does something.
www.dropbox.com/s/eh4p4pssv3cfu6d/Devo10_cx10test.dfu?dl=0

It was very successful approach... So the results are below.

P13 - is headless mode. Value 3 - it is on. Any other value - off.

P14 - camera. Value 2 stays for video on. Transition 1-2 and 3-2 makes video on. Transition 2-1 or 2-3 makes video off.

With photos I got a little bit confused result. Transition 3-4 makes snapshot. Transition 4-3 also makes snapshot. Any other transitions available (from i to i+1 or i-1) do not make snapshot. So it seems like value 4 should be set momentary, but I am not completely sure.

More
27 May 2015 14:17 - 27 May 2015 14:37 #33055 by goebish
Great, I'll add DM007 format to handle those new flags and inverted aileron then :)
Last edit: 27 May 2015 14:37 by goebish.

More
27 May 2015 16:20 #33059 by goebish
Try this one, with CX10 protocol and Format option set to DM007:
www.dropbox.com/s/tdl5kiqblyhhyqu/Devo10_DM007.dfu?dl=0
It has aileron channel inverted, snapshot on channel 7, video on channel 8 and headless on channel 9.
Video and headless should be no problem, not sure for snapshot, to be tested :)

More
27 May 2015 17:39 #33062 by vasiliy_gr
Tested. Everything is ok except ch7. It does nothing. It even do not stop recording if recording is on. By the way - video is turning on or off by momentary value splash (I used from -100 to +100).

More
27 May 2015 17:44 #33063 by goebish
Ok, file updated, check if ch7 is working now.

More
27 May 2015 17:53 #33065 by vasiliy_gr

goebish wrote: Ok, file updated, check if ch7 is working now.

Binary seems to be the same as previous version on the above link.

More
27 May 2015 17:55 #33066 by goebish
Oops sorry, fixed.

More
27 May 2015 18:44 #33068 by vasiliy_gr
Tested. Ch7 now ok. So all the extra functions of DM007 are working now. But I found several new problems.

There is very strange behavior with flips channel. So I tried to find out if it is DM007 related or more common for all the cx-10 class. But this dfu can not work with my cx-10a at all! So I took my 7e with yesterday's version - and it works with cx-10a. So there is some problem in current test build with blue protocol.

And now about flips. The problem is the same for DM007 and CX-10A. To make a flip you need to raise ch6, move stick (quad makes flip), drop ch6. If you want to make second flip while ch6 is still up - it will not. If you want to momentary raise ch6, then drop it - quad will not do flip afterwards. So if using switch - every flip needs two movement of it. If using toggle trim - the same. If using momentary trim - it should be pressed and while pressing you need to move stick to make a flip. All the variants seems to be extremely uncomfortable.

More
27 May 2015 19:57 #33070 by goebish
That's strange that the CX-10A doesn't work with this latest file, my blue CX-10 works fine with it.
Regarding flips, I admit that's uncomfortable, there's the same issue with v6x6 and probably other protocols too, maybe I'll try to replicate stock radio behavior later.

More
27 May 2015 20:07 #33072 by vasiliy_gr
No, the issue with 6x6 is not the same. It is also uncommon, but it can be easily adopted by any button as a trim in momentary mode (I use usually EXT button). In this case with 6x6 the sequence is - press (and release) the trim button then move stick. But for cx10 the sequence will be other - press and hold trim button, move stick, release trim button. That is much worse.

More
27 May 2015 20:13 - 27 May 2015 20:15 #33073 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic JD 395 cx-10
With CX-10 green protocol, I don't have any issue flipping.
It's different than v2x2 protocol, because every momentary switch of channel 6 only arms the quadcopter for one flip, but in fact I like it better.
I configured EXT button as Vasily for channel 6, push EXT button, release, and make the flip. If I configured in a switch, I need to turn on-off every time I want to make a flip.
Last edit: 27 May 2015 20:15 by Durete.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds