V977 on 7e

More
25 Feb 2015 15:29 - 25 Feb 2015 15:29 #29105 by Aenima
Replied by Aenima on topic V977 on 7e
Hi guys i need some help. My DEVO10 binding well to my v977 but is have no tail move to the left. Maybe is a module foult or the soldering. I tried 2 brand new tail sets. Any idea? Thanks.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2015 15:29 by Aenima.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2015 00:00 #29119 by ahmadie
Replied by ahmadie on topic V977 on 7e

Aenima wrote: Hi guys i need some help. My DEVO10 binding well to my v977 but is have no tail move to the left. Maybe is a module foult or the soldering. I tried 2 brand new tail sets. Any idea? Thanks.

u either have faulty board of heli but not likely.the other problem i can point is that ur rudder of ur transmitter is fault or broken. open transmitter and check all cable are in place. v977 transmitter are broken from time to time. this in not correct place to ask so it is going to be deleted anyhow.

More
07 Mar 2015 00:37 #29418 by anthony
Replied by anthony on topic V977 on 7e
hi guys

v997 use 8channel , but my tx only 7 chanel, so i can't use mode

3G/6G , any ideal for ideal ?

More
08 Mar 2015 17:56 #29460 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic V977 on 7e
@Babay, @hexfet - I checked the "fix" patch. It's impossible to say what specifically it fixes, it's a total re-write of the protocol code. I don't say it's wrong, but I prefer this patch to be separated into 2 parts - one is a real fix (the nature of which is still unclear from this code and needs analyzing), and "code beautification" part. Another matter is that the patch also adds functionality, so actually it is 3 parts, not clearly separated from each other.

I will go on working on it, but don't expect me blindly applying the patch in its entirety.

More
09 Mar 2015 00:06 - 09 Mar 2015 00:06 #29472 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic V977 on 7e
That was my comment here , before the additional functionality was added. The implementation is changed so much it's difficult to evaluate.
Last edit: 09 Mar 2015 00:06 by hexfet.

More
09 Mar 2015 00:12 #29473 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic V977 on 7e
Yes, I just wanted to confirm your conclusion, and because I'm expected to merge this also describe how I plan to do this.

More
20 Mar 2015 02:00 - 20 Mar 2015 02:10 #29912 by jimqjp
Replied by jimqjp on topic V977 on 7e

victzh wrote: @Babay, @hexfet - I checked the "fix" patch. It's impossible to say what specifically it fixes, it's a total re-write of the protocol code. I don't say it's wrong, but I prefer this patch to be separated into 2 parts - one is a real fix (the nature of which is still unclear from this code and needs analyzing), and "code beautification" part. Another matter is that the patch also adds functionality, so actually it is 3 parts, not clearly separated from each other.

I will go on working on it, but don't expect me blindly applying the patch in its entirety.

Frankly speaking, I do not know either what was the real fix and why when I wrote the module :(. Because the problem is intermittent, I only knew it worked better after implemented the combination of the following changes :):

1. Improve data integrity by adding a temp var in mixer.c. This can eliminate the situation that middle results are used in the TX ISR.

2. Instead of sending new channel data in every data packets, the data are reused in all 4 data packets of a hopping frequency. Assumed that KN can get smoother values.

3. The simplified data sending algorithm (write 10 bytes payload regs only) uses very short CPU time in ISR, assumed that the timing becomes more accurate.

4. Removed some unused RX register settings to ensure RX is off and not affect TX.

The real answer relies on the log at RX side when the servo stops working, that may be an luxury we never can get :silly: .
Last edit: 20 Mar 2015 02:10 by jimqjp.

More
20 Mar 2015 02:32 - 20 Mar 2015 02:35 #29914 by jimqjp
Replied by jimqjp on topic V977 on 7e

anthony wrote: hi guys

v997 use 8channel , but my tx only 7 chanel, so i can't use mode

3G/6G , any ideal for ideal ?

For the modified KN protocol, it can work with only 6 channels. The ch 6 is used for the flight mode.

If you only have 7E without switch mod, you can only get two of the three possible modes from the two values of the flight mode switch settings.

-100: 6 axis normal
0: 3 axis normal
100: 3 axis 3D

However, you can setup two 977 models, one for 6 axis and 3 axis normal, and another one if for 3 axis normal and 3D.
Last edit: 20 Mar 2015 02:35 by jimqjp.

More
20 Mar 2015 02:36 #29915 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic V977 on 7e
1) should already be resolved. As Indigo noted the code does not require a temp variable, but switching to 32bits does provide the atomic write we need.

The new code isn't using the common lfsr which it really should, but that is a minor nit.

Only updating the output data once per frequency change seems like a downgrade unless this is specifically shown to be necessary.

I can't really evaluate the code changes, since as noted the code is a complete rewrite. I didn't write the original though, and if there is enough confirmation that this is better, I probably wouldn't be against replacing it wholesale with jimqjp's.

More
09 Apr 2015 11:40 - 09 Apr 2015 11:41 #30929 by hugizounet
Replied by hugizounet on topic V977 on 7e
Hey guys I'm so glad you found out a way to solve this pb because i had the same , means i was loosing connection while flying for 2-3s which is a lot, and the movement were not smooth. I guess its what you describe when you say that it's "sticky". I thought this was first because of my remote or maybe the receiver of the v977. I'm so looking forward to try it soon (someone dropped a cuba libre cocktail on my lipo charger, its dead), i'll let you know if it's working for me.

thanks a lot
Last edit: 09 Apr 2015 11:41 by hugizounet.

More
18 May 2015 13:34 #32731 by hugizounet
Replied by hugizounet on topic V977 on 7e
So the modified km protocol works great with the devo 7e. I don't have anymore the losses of connections, no more sticky behaviour its smoother, able to activate 6g mode, useful for flying inside. Its perfect . thanks a lot

More
21 May 2015 18:28 #32837 by chaos1
Replied by chaos1 on topic V977 on 7e
Hello am new to forum and new to devo I am now trying to fly my v977 with my devo 7e I have already flashed firmware and am able to fly dsmx& dsm2 am now wondering is there already a protocol on new firmware to be able to fly v977 or do I require something else please help me out I know newbies are sometimes frustrating and difficult to bear but any help updated would be appreciated for I can not find anything that has been updated on my own searching thank you in advance PS. I have the tx from the v922 if that makes any difference....

More
21 May 2015 23:01 - 21 May 2015 23:01 #32845 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic V977 on 7e

chaos1 wrote: .......I can not find anything that has been updated on my own searching thank you in advance PS. I have the tx from the v922 if that makes any difference....

Really? Main Menu...."supported models" should have raised your interest.
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Any...kE&usp=sharing#gid=0
You will need a nrf24L01+ module.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 21 May 2015 23:01 by aMax.

More
21 May 2015 23:40 #32846 by chaos1
Replied by chaos1 on topic V977 on 7e
Thank you for your reply I will check out that link I appreciate it

More
11 Jun 2015 10:28 #33826 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic V977 on 7e
After working with the variant KN protocol and reading about good experience of V977 users, shouldn't we go ahead and apply the patch found here ?

PhracturedBlue wrote: I can't really evaluate the code changes, since as noted the code is a complete rewrite. I didn't write the original though, and if there is enough confirmation that this is better, I probably wouldn't be against replacing it wholesale with jimqjp's.

More
19 Jun 2015 09:04 #34348 by robbe
Replied by robbe on topic V977 on 7e
Hello,
i am new to this forum and the reason i bought a DEVO 10 TX was, that I wanted to fly my v977 with it.
So, I installed appropiate modul and nightly, but the result in controlling the v977 was disappointing (sticky controls, short range).
After installing the Patch from here everything went fine :)
Controls are smooth and range is much better.
So I can recommend this patch and would like to have it integrated in Deviation.

Thanks a lot for your work on the Deviation project!

More
19 Jun 2015 21:35 #34382 by Moeder
Could the v977 owners please try the attached firmware? It is the current nightly source with the patch applied and extended by the protocol variant for FX-series helicopters, which use a similar protocol (Check protocol options to make sure you use "WL Toys" variant). From emulator and real life FX-series test it works fine, but currently I don't have a v977 available for testing. Thanks!
Attachments:

More
20 Jun 2015 17:14 - 21 Jun 2015 10:28 #34412 by robbe
Replied by robbe on topic V977 on 7e
Did a short test with the provided patch on the v977: only 5 minutes just hovering indoor due to bad weather :( .
Everything worked good, no lags, good response. :)
I used the model file from this site .
Is that patch a variant from the one I mentionend before?

PS:
Babay wrote in this post : Hover Debugging is working also.
Does anyone knows, how to enable Hover Debugging?
Last edit: 21 Jun 2015 10:28 by robbe.

More
20 Jun 2015 18:27 #34413 by Moeder
Perfect. It is the same patch, but modified to support another variant of the KN protocol for other helicopter models. So it should behave exactly the same.

robbe wrote: Did a short test with the provided patch on the v977: only 5 minutes just hovering indoor due to bad weather :( .
Everything worked good, no lags, good response. :)
I used the model file from this site .
Is that patch a variant from the one I mentionend before?

More
21 Jun 2015 01:29 #34430 by ahmadie
Replied by ahmadie on topic V977 on 7e
u are so awesome Moeder, oh it has been a awhile and finally some one integrated that Russian code, haha, does this build gonna make it to the nightly build of Devo?

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds