New FrSkyX protocol

More
25 Aug 2016 16:51 #53096 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol

sfersystem wrote: Thank you for working on it Hexfet, but I had not activated at that time unfortunately.
I mount a D4R-II now that seem to work, but if u need more test with the XSR and all datas, it should be possible. tell me.

Yes, I would like to see what values the receiver channels have during the dropout with the XSR. Please also list your failsafe settings on the RX, in the FrskyX protocol option, and in the channel settings. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2016 20:44 #53100 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Thanks HEX, all clear, I hope to test also this X protocol on my new quad coming weeks and report back, so far on the bench I didn't find any issue...........

More
25 Aug 2016 20:45 - 25 Aug 2016 20:46 #53101 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic New FrSkyX protocol
You can find already my model.ini

[protocol_opts]
Failsafe=NoPulse
AD2GAIN=100
Freq-Fine=0

In the channels, all the fail-safe settings are on 0
and the safety on none

File Attachment:

File Name: sfersystem...del8.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2016 20:46 by sfersystem.

More
25 Aug 2016 21:08 #53104 by lamnesique
Replied by lamnesique on topic New FrSkyX protocol
my model.ini to....if it can help failsafe on hold
Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2016 14:03 #53239 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Looks like I need to update my 10! I got my ultimate 7E (with the 256k processor) running a build that has FrSky-X two days ago and thus far the flying that I've done with the model that had the Dropout issues has been perfect. I'm taking it to the farm right now so I can see how it does at range but looks like any changes that have been made protocol wise over the past month and a half or so have been for the better by far! Note on the U7E I'm running my fine tuning at 0!

Will report back...
Thanks!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
30 Aug 2016 18:33 #53293 by hexfet
Curiouser and curiouser. Don't see any recent changes in the repo that would've had an effect.

I can't find hash 65ec105 in the repo. It would be good to know the history of that build.

More
30 Aug 2016 23:19 #53308 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic New FrSkyX protocol
65ec105 is from silpstreams branch bud, but the only changes made were regarding the u7e and it's emulator

github.com/silpstream/deviation/commit/6...ae4f7db7e10d8708fd14

More
31 Aug 2016 00:31 #53311 by hexfet
Thanks for the pointer. Only the changes in the nightly since Jun 28 are not in that commit, none of which affect FrskyX. Will be interesting to see CK's results on the Devo 10.

More
16 Sep 2016 05:09 - 16 Sep 2016 05:10 #53900 by petsmith
Replied by petsmith on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Is this FrskyX protocol safe to be use with XSR receiver? The comments in this thread seem to be quite inconsistent. Some have dropouts and some don't. Does anyone know which version is the most stable? The currently nightly or an older version? Thanks!
Last edit: 16 Sep 2016 05:10 by petsmith.

More
18 Sep 2016 17:00 #54011 by petsmith
Just tested the FrskyX protocol with XSR and Ultimate 7e. I got random dropouts with 40m. BTW, the old Frksy D protocol works without any issues.

More
18 Sep 2016 17:39 - 18 Sep 2016 17:41 #54012 by Pegaz
Replied by Pegaz on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Hi,
Long story short: I got 7e with cc2500 module installed, naze32 rev.6 running cleanflight, and frsky receivers: d4r-II and x4r-sb, i'm running my devo 7e on one of the night builds. I can't get extended telemetry to show on my tx. I need to see gps speed, altitude and battery voltage. Is that possible at all on both of my receivers or without upgrading the processor there is no way to make it work? If the processor upgrade is the only option to make it happen do i need to do anything extra or just flash to the latest build and hook it up to soft serial? Thank you in advance for your reply as i can not find why this is not working for me.

PS. I'm aware of x4r-sb has some issues with drop outs that's why i wanna make it work on d4r-II (will leave sbus receiver till it will be fixed)
Last edit: 18 Sep 2016 17:41 by Pegaz.

More
18 Sep 2016 18:17 #54013 by hexfet

petsmith wrote: Just tested the FrskyX protocol with XSR and Ultimate 7e. I got random dropouts with 40m. BTW, the old Frksy D protocol works without any issues.

Thanks for the report. Seems more people reporting dropouts than those reporting not. Haven't been able to pinpoint any difference in setup that causes the issue. Test builds that disabled failsafe and changed telemetry options didn't seem to have an effect either.

Did you have to adjust the FINE protocol option to bind to the receiver? Anything you noticed around the dropout that might be a clue?

More
18 Sep 2016 18:22 - 18 Sep 2016 18:28 #54014 by midelic
Replied by midelic on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I see nobody reports about setting fine variable.We found on multi for the 4in1 RF module the value is around 35-40.On multi we can change this on the fly.Maybe could be implemented on Deviation.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2016 18:28 by midelic.

More
18 Sep 2016 18:25 #54015 by hexfet

Pegaz wrote: Hi,
Long story short: I got 7e with cc2500 module installed, naze32 rev.6 running cleanflight, and frsky receivers: d4r-II and x4r-sb, i'm running my devo 7e on one of the night builds. I can't get extended telemetry to show on my tx. I need to see gps speed, altitude and battery voltage. Is that possible at all on both of my receivers or without upgrading the processor there is no way to make it work? If the processor upgrade is the only option to make it happen do i need to do anything extra or just flash to the latest build and hook it up to soft serial? Thank you in advance for your reply as i can not find why this is not working for me.

PS. I'm aware of x4r-sb has some issues with drop outs that's why i wanna make it work on d4r-II (will leave sbus receiver till it will be fixed)

Yes, you need the processor upgrade and a build of the nightly for 7e-256. A HappyHarry build from the test build section should work.

More
18 Sep 2016 19:52 - 18 Sep 2016 20:10 #54016 by Pegaz
Thank you mate for the reply, the processor is on the way already ;)
Ps. If extended telemetry like gps and stuff is not possible on un-modified 7e maybe it would be worth to remove it from the menu to not to confuse people as “What the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t grieve over”?
Last edit: 18 Sep 2016 20:10 by Pegaz.

More
18 Sep 2016 23:41 #54018 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic New FrSkyX protocol

midelic wrote: I see nobody reports about setting fine variable.We found on multi for the 4in1 RF module the value is around 35-40.On multi we can change this on the fly.Maybe could be implemented on Deviation.

this is already implemented in deviation bud, though it's set in the protocol options not on the fly

More
19 Sep 2016 03:48 #54023 by petsmith

hexfet wrote:

petsmith wrote: Just tested the FrskyX protocol with XSR and Ultimate 7e. I got random dropouts with 40m. BTW, the old Frksy D protocol works without any issues.

Thanks for the report. Seems more people reporting dropouts than those reporting not. Haven't been able to pinpoint any difference in setup that causes the issue. Test builds that disabled failsafe and changed telemetry options didn't seem to have an effect either.

Did you have to adjust the FINE protocol option to bind to the receiver? Anything you noticed around the dropout that might be a clue?

I never change the FINE option to get it to bind. As for the old FrskyD protocol, I also never touched the FINE option and I can fly it over 1km without any issues. Should I try to mess around with FINE option for FrskyX? Also, the dropout is so random. Sometimes, I can fly a single battery without any dropouts. Sometimes, 2 - 3 dropouts for a 5 minutes flight. BTW, I'm using PB's MultiModule.

More
19 Sep 2016 04:37 #54025 by hexfet

petsmith wrote: I never change the FINE option to get it to bind. As for the old FrskyD protocol, I also never touched the FINE option and I can fly it over 1km without any issues. Should I try to mess around with FINE option for FrskyX?

It would be helpful to know if the behavior changes if you change the fine adjustment 10,20,30,40 in either direction.

petsmith wrote: Also, the dropout is so random. Sometimes, I can fly a single battery without any dropouts. Sometimes, 2 - 3 dropouts for a 5 minutes flight. BTW, I'm using PB's MultiModule.

The multimodule shouldn't make a difference, but haven't kept track if the people reporting dropouts are all using the multimodule.

The irregularity is puzzling because the firmware does the same thing over and over hundreds of times a second. Difficult to guess what might cause issues randomly on timescale of minutes.

More
19 Sep 2016 04:53 #54026 by petsmith

hexfet wrote: It would be helpful to know if the behavior changes if you change the fine adjustment 10,20,30,40 in either direction.

I will test it the next time I go to the field and post the results here afterwards.

More
19 Sep 2016 20:22 - 19 Sep 2016 20:26 #54039 by Pegaz
Guys I'm jaded - I can not make it to work. I'm running the latest Harry's build on my Ultimate devo 7e. I'm using FrSky protocol to bind to D4R-II , i've got the telemetry option checked in cleanflight and on my receiver's telemetry port green wire which is Rx connected to "+" on naze and black GND to "-" on naze. No gps data no matter if it's armed or not. I'm getting rssi ,receiver voltage and some other voltage and that's it. Do I need to configure anything else in devo / cleanflight ? I'm really struggling, please help me as I took a lot of effort to get those data displayed and don't want all of this to go to waste now :(
Last edit: 19 Sep 2016 20:26 by Pegaz.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds