Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings

More
16 Feb 2014 18:51 - 18 Feb 2014 15:20 #20388 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
Model deleted and moved to a new thread.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 15:20 by Tom Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2014 21:14 #20402 by micro
Replied by micro on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
I still get a bind and the heli seems to react ok with the newest .ini you uploaded but the left of the two green lights on the rx is red and stays red. Just nomrmal mode so far.

If I try to lift the heli, its spins as before, clockwise from above.

If I bind with a previous advanced mixer model I still get two green lights.

If I change model while bound to the newest one, the left light again turns red.

More
16 Feb 2014 21:56 - 17 Feb 2014 21:58 #20405 by Tom Z
It looks like in standard mixer mode only the gyro gain value you input converts it to the deviation value.
So I didn't need to convert the gyro value which when converted is way too low (0%).

Try this model which is now set to 75% gyro gain.

Edit: Model deleted
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 21:58 by Tom Z.

More
16 Feb 2014 22:01 #20406 by Tom Z
The gyro setting at 0% turns off the gyros for setup/adjustment mode which is why you are greeting those lights.
Now that the gyro is at 75% your lights should be correct.

More
16 Feb 2014 23:03 #20409 by micro
That's the baby!

I think the pots need raising as it's super tame even when reducing the expo to 10% but the model works and I see wonderful familiarness again.

Seriously, thank you for your repeated and unrelenting help. You rock. I had 2 minutes of really stable hover inside. Still need to go through the beepy setup and dial it in for 3D but i'm thrilled to be almost at the flying stage now.

It may even be next weekend till I get to test it out properly but he first flight is dedicated to you.

More
17 Feb 2014 00:01 #20410 by Tom Z
Great!!!
Your welcome, glad I could help out.
Now you can fine tune the DR/EXPO, Gyro, or other settings pretty easy.

You can try my 3D Tx settings on my web site which are the same settings others are using to 3D with including some of the ones in the YouTube videos.
There also also 3D settings posted on Rcgroups, Helifreak, and YouTube you can try out.

I plan to get the T-Rex 150 this spring or summer. I also want to do a full review on it.

More
17 Feb 2014 02:13 #20414 by Waterfly
Replied by Waterfly on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
Tom
I have copied your model in my devo 7E with the deviation software. I am using DSMX. I hold the set button and insert the battery, unhold the set bottom, press manual bind in the radio and the receiver binds.
I remove the bind plug; but the 150 MRS does not initialize.
Any ideas????

More
17 Feb 2014 02:50 - 17 Feb 2014 02:51 #20417 by Tom Z
I have this posted for another model I made for the deviation firmware.
See if this helps you out.

Instructions for the Spektrum Receiver

Bind the Spektrum Receiver to the Devo Transmitter:

Connect the Bind Plug to BATT on the Spektrum Receiver.
Make sure the Bind Plug has the wire going from one end to the other end. There are some bind plugs that have the wire going from the center to one end (Walkera uses these), don't use this to bind the receiver as it will not work and might damage the receiver.

Power up the Heli with the bind plug connected, turn on the Devo Transmitter,
go to (1) Model menu, (1) Model menu, scroll down to "Bind" and select it. The Devo Transmitter will now bind to the Spektrum Receiver.
Once the bind is completed power off the Heli and transmitter and remove the Bind Plug from the Spektrum Receiver.

Power on the Heli then power on the Transmitter. You are now ready to fly the Heli.
You only have to have to go into the Model Menu and press Bind the first time. Once it binds with the Spektrum Receiver you don't have to do this again.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 02:51 by Tom Z.

More
17 Feb 2014 15:55 #20452 by Tom Z
@ micro

@ Waterfly

* I updated the model which is now posted in post #18322 above (first post on this page). I also added a description and a link on the first page/first post of this thread so others who want the standard mixer for this model can download and use it.

* I forgot to change the default setting TX Power=150mW
The model now is set to TX Power=100mW
150mW will drain down your battery very fast!

More
17 Feb 2014 21:17 #20472 by Waterfly
Still the TRex does not initialize. I am using the Devo 7e with the deviation software and it works well with a SuperCP; but I can not make it initialize the Trex 150.
It binds with the Spektrum DSMX; but I get only a solid red light in the gyro.
I remove the bind plug and do not get the green light showing that the gyro initialized.
Any other thing that I can try?

More
17 Feb 2014 21:44 #20473 by Tom Z
A solid red light also means rudder in heading lock mode.
Did you see if the helicopter will work?

Which model did you download? One of them has the gyro gain set too low
and you may have that model. You will get the solid red light. It only means the gyro is in heading lock mode. Some people fly in this mode.

The updated model was test flown by Micro so we know it works correctly.
Download the updated model in my post #20388 above on this page and see what happens.

More
17 Feb 2014 22:50 #20476 by Waterfly
I have used the one where the gyro gain was raised to 75%.

I will use the one that you just did with the power lower to 100 w.

I though that the Devo 7e transmitter will only go to 10 W even though it shows 150 W in the screen.

More
17 Feb 2014 23:05 #20477 by micro
I had a few hovers inside and set curves I was happy with before gently raising the settings to full pitch and throttle.

It works but something is wrong as it less violent than a 1s super cp stock.
I have been through the beepy setup and it looks like i have max physical travel without binding but not sure wht to do.

I seriously thought I was gonna get to fly this thing after having it for an entire month.

I hate heli setup

More
17 Feb 2014 23:18 #20478 by Tom Z

Waterfly wrote: I have used the one where the gyro gain was raised to 75%.

I will use the one that you just did with the power lower to 100 w.

I though that the Devo 7e transmitter will only go to 10 W even though it shows 150 W in the screen.

OK it should work then. Micro has the Devo 7e. See if he can help you on the binding problem.

I thought the factory firmware was 10mW but the deviation firmware increased it to 150mW. I see that you can't adjust the mW. It just say's default. I changed the mW in the ini file to 100mW but when I loaded and saved the model it went back to 150 mW.

More
17 Feb 2014 23:23 - 17 Feb 2014 23:48 #20480 by Tom Z

micro wrote: I had a few hovers inside and set curves I was happy with before gently raising the settings to full pitch and throttle.

It works but something is wrong as it less violent than a 1s super cp stock.
I have been through the beepy setup and it looks like i have max physical travel without binding but not sure wht to do.

I seriously thought I was gonna get to fly this thing after having it for an entire month.

I hate heli setup

Did my model work better for you with my model using the Advanced mixer?

Go into the DR & Exp menu and turn up the DR from 100% to 125% and see if you get more response.
If you still need more response go into Travel adjust and turn up 2-ALI and 3-ELE as high as you can go without binding the servos.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 23:48 by Tom Z.

More
18 Feb 2014 00:34 #20483 by Waterfly
I uploaded the new model and attempted to bind the heli. Same results. I am going to try with a fully charged battery. I do not know what else to do....

More
18 Feb 2014 01:00 #20486 by Waterfly
No luck with fully charged battery. Gyro is not initializing. New model is loaded in the TX and looks as indicated; but no initialization. I may have a bad board....

More
18 Feb 2014 01:16 #20490 by Tom Z
The model binds and flies for micro which he has the Devo 7e so that tells me the model setup and working correctly.

Maybe micro can help you out. I don't have the T-Rex 150 so I can't help you with the binding issue.
Make sure your trims are centered and the switches are in the correct position. If the Hold or FMOD switch is on the helicopter shouldn't bind as a safety feature. I am not sure if the throttle trim should be centered or all the way down, try both ways.

Have you tried your T-Rex with any other transmitter and if so did it work?

You can try changing the gyro value gains and see if the gyro initializes.

The gyro settings are here:

Main Menue

1. Model menu

9. Gyro sense

Value 0

Value 1

Don't change the Channel (AUX2/Ch7)

Values of 49% and lower are rate mode
Values of 51% and higher are head holding mode
Value 50% turns off the gyro for setup/adjustment mode

More
18 Feb 2014 02:02 #20494 by Waterfly
Micro, if you have any ideas, please let me know. You went thru the same ordeal, just wander what did the trick for you.

More
18 Feb 2014 03:09 - 18 Feb 2014 03:56 #20503 by micro
Waterfly - I didn't do anything special apart from upgrade v3 deviation to v4. After this I got the two green lights and swash jiggle.

I am using dsm2 with no fixed bind. If I turn the tx on first and then the heli after bound (plug removed) I get a flashing red sat.
If I turn the heli on first and then the tx I get solid red flight on the sat. Both seem to fly identical

The first bind and initialization of heli took only a second or two after removing the plug. Every time after it takes a solid 15-20 seconds to stop it's annoying beeping and give me the green lights to fly.
It binds with TH on for me ok too, a good habit to have.

TomZ - I redownloaded your model in your first post but it is in advanced mixer. I tried several times and only get advanced mixer with it. I'm using the the one without the pitch stuck at 0 in TH
www.deviationtx.com/media/kunena/attachm...del21_2014-01-25.ini

Just tried to fly it and the heli spins clockwise again also.

Giro was at 88 on the last simple one also, not 75 as you list. Thought it best to mention in case the conversion is out.

EDIT again.

I have about 12 differnt trex 150 models now and read in the manual that I must reset the model by useing the 'reset' field by pressing right on the file load icon. All this does for me is rest the tx after a 2 second pause. The model does not get reset, it's untouched.

How do I delete a file?
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 03:56 by micro.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds