Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings

More
18 Feb 2014 04:04 - 18 Feb 2014 15:44 #20506 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
micro, all the models in my first page/first post (#18322) are done in the advanced mixer and are not made for the Devo 7e which would require some changes to it if used.
That is why the gyro is not holding for you.

The standard mixer model for the Devo 7e only is in post #20388 on the top of page #2.

I set the gryo gain value for the standard mixer model to 88%. If you view the output channel for the gyro on the emulator it reads 76% gyro gain. So I am going by that number as it looks like the 88% was converted to 76% by the deviation firmware.

Edit: Just saw your edit.

I don't know why the model won't reset for you. It does for me on my Devo 10.
If you can't get it to reset hookup the Tx to the computer and get it in USB mode and copy and over-right fresh models to it. Use the models in the "model " folder that has the deviation firmware. I have done this also instead of clearing almost 40 models I had in it to test out.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 15:44 by Tom Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2014 10:28 #20519 by micro
Replied by micro on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
I'm so confused man.

The link you put in that last post, takes me to page 2 not page 1.

If I got to top of page 1, the post number 18322, the only other clickable links are the files you tell me are wrong.

Which is the latest simple mixer file you have created please, can you give me a direct link rather than the post number?

More
18 Feb 2014 15:16 - 18 Feb 2014 18:47 #20523 by Tom Z
I put the wrong link to it.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 18:47 by Tom Z.

More
18 Feb 2014 17:50 #20531 by micro
Thanks Tom.

The link you provide here also has issue i'm afraid:

"
Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page."

More
18 Feb 2014 17:51 - 18 Feb 2014 18:46 #20532 by Tom Z
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 18:46 by Tom Z.

More
18 Feb 2014 18:07 - 18 Feb 2014 20:12 #20535 by micro
I have a working trex but it's not even close to the power I see in every video out there at 100% throttle and pitch. I am looking for someone else to try it on deviation with the 7e if possible. I need to be sure it's just settings and not a problem with heli/power before I do crash it up or spend any money sorting out the flexy frame and warped main gear.

Yes please email me a model I can change curves on Tom, thanks again.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 20:12 by micro. Reason: too much confusion

More
18 Feb 2014 21:46 - 18 Feb 2014 21:49 #20542 by Tom Z
Ya the trex should have wicked fast response when you turn up the settings.

Did you try this?

Go into the DR & Exp menu and turn up the DR from 100% to 125% and see if you get more response.
If you still need more response go into Travel adjust and turn up 2-ALI and 3-ELE as high as you can go without binding the servos.

I will send you the model. I am checking it again in the emulator. Everything looks correct including all the travel adjustments (all are 100%).
I also wonder if the tame response is in the model settings somewhere that is being overlooked. You increased the settings from the model I posted so it should be extremely responsive...

Could the too tame response be something to due with the settings on the trex board?
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 21:49 by Tom Z.

More
18 Feb 2014 22:01 - 18 Feb 2014 22:01 #20543 by micro
I have not tried upping the rates as with full travel on cyclic and collective it is about as close to bindng the swash without binding as I feel I can get.

I don't have a pitch gauge right now but I left it at max and most vids say to reduce it to 60% for flight.

Cyclic giro on the rx - much past 1pm (looking from the front of the heli) the cyclic feels sort of stiff and unresponsive, below 10pm it feels sloppy. 12-1pm cyclic gain feels best for small hover and gentle pitch pumps inside.

I can turn the rates up on the rx too and it gets much more sensitive but it also hover really bad like the giro gainis too low.

I have a super cp converted to brushless and tonight finally get the right combination of stuff to make the tail hold as well as stock. It's 1s and feels very similar in power with only a 11000kv motor, 9t pinion and stock maingear. Decent but not intimidating, I think perhaps theheadpseed is too low, would it be safe to increase that?
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 22:01 by micro.

More
18 Feb 2014 22:38 #20550 by Tom Z
Sounds like you have full maximum travel.
Any more travel and the swash will bind or the servos will bind or both.

Your 11000kv motor sounds like the C05. If so I have many of them and always run them at 100% flat across in stunt mode. Actually I use 100% 90% 80% 90% 100% V curve in ST-1 and 100% flat across in ST-2.

More
18 Feb 2014 23:05 #20552 by Tom Z
I just sent you the model. We can't attach any files with the PM so I emailed it to you.

More
19 Feb 2014 02:56 #20561 by micro
Everything works on th e7e with that one you emailed me. Giro was a touch high but tail is super solid with little wiggle but the heli can barely lift off in normal mode at all.

It still feels sedate and only really becomes stable from 90% thottle upwards even when pitch and throttle are maxed out just like the model I have saved already but changed curves on.

I need to take it outside next as it might just be hard to tell properly with only a couple metres vertical space and just pitch pumps. Both rx pots are at 12-12.30pm If the torque is high then maybe the pure vertical speed is misleading in such a small space?

I will take it to my heli field next weekend if the weather is good and attempt the setup on one of the spektrum users tx to see if it will squeeze any more out of it. I'm convinced I should be getting mnore headpseed than a c05m 1100kv judging on videos and the pure sound of the blades

Yes it was the c05m that went in the super cp but only the stock gear and 9t pinion holds the tail as stock. After it held so well I did the second and although same setup exactly, it has tons more power but tail is not super solid. I tried some v curves instead of my normal flat ones and it' a litte better still.

Will be fun to grab some video of them all to compare

More
19 Feb 2014 06:27 - 19 Feb 2014 06:48 #20570 by Tom Z
That's good everything on the model works.
You might want to turn down the gyro a bit.

Here are screenshots of the Throttle, Pitch, and Gyro settings I used.

Throttle Curve: - These values were converted to the deviation values.

Standard

NORM - 0% 30% 50% 55% 60%
ST- 1 - 90% 86% 84% 86% 90%

Pitch Curve: - These values were converted to the deviation values.

NORM 35% 42% 50% 75% 100%
STUNT 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%

Throttle Curves

Pitch Curves

Gyro - Notice I put in 88% and on the gyro output channel it reads 76%.
This is on the right hand side Ch5.

Maybe for standard mode mixer there is a different conversion for the deviation values which would explain why you barley get any lift in normal mode. Maybe I should post and ask about this.
I don't want to post the model for people until I know for sure it is working 100% correctly and at this time it is not but will figure it out...

RE: Maybe the pure vertical speed is misleading in such a small space
That could be. A test outside would be good.

A compare video would be good.
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 06:48 by Tom Z.

More
20 Feb 2014 14:28 #20648 by Tom Z
micro, I posted a question about standard mixer vs advanced mixer value conversions. No answer yet...

Standard Mixer Vs Advanced Mixer Value Conversions

deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questio...er-value-conversions

More
20 Feb 2014 18:53 #20658 by micro
Thanks Tom.

It turned out my 2/3s budget balance charger I had kicking around is only putting about 4 - 4.05v in my trex lipos where it charges 2200mah 3s right up to 4.20v so I made a cable up for my accucell and it now gets to a full capacity 4.2v.

It is noticibly perkier but still not convinced its at full whack until an outside test. Will be sure to post back here with my findings and hopefully a vid as soon as I can.

More
20 Feb 2014 21:25 #20666 by Tom Z
Your welcome.

That explains a lot, good job trouble shooting.

I got an answer form FDR. All of my settings are correct except for the gyro gain which is too high. No conversion needed for it. I am making corrections in the model now. My 88% gyro gain should be 75% and then fine tune it to your preference.

deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questio...er-value-conversions

A video would be good. I would like to see it if you make one.

More
22 Feb 2014 23:47 #20770 by micro
Managed a short outing today between rain but it was very windy.

Nevertheless, performance was dire. It feels and sounds like the headspeed is too low when fly and compare to any other trex video. Cyclic is soft and mushy and there's not a whole lot of stability in a hover at advised rates.
I have a heli or tx settings issue and I don't see any way to resolve unless it's safe to up the travel adjust for throttle past 100% or get to try on a spektrum or futaba tx. Super cp pitch upwards leaves it dead.

I have a pitch gauge coming early next week so I can see if i'm crazy high or something.

More
23 Feb 2014 06:31 - 23 Feb 2014 06:47 #20781 by Tom Z
Great job on the video. This helps me out a lot.

75% gyro gain looks good. I made the correction in the model.
70-75% is what most people are using.

It does look like the helicopter doesn't have enough power.
The number one suspect would be the battery is not putting out enough power even though the voltage is 4.20v.
Second suspect would be a weak motor or the esc not putting out full power.

If it has a push on/off main gear make sure it is pressed up tight or you will lose a lot of pitch. Also make sure it is not slipping on the main shaft.

I used the settings Align recommends to use. They run the throttle low in normal mode as seen in your video. In stunt mode the headspeed sounds good.

I have confirmed my settings are correct with converting the deviation values
for a model made in the standard mixer and also now know not to convert the gyro values for the standard mixer only.

Another person is using my model and it is working well. He has the Devo 6S.
I am not sure what to tell you. I can modify the 3D model version in advanced mixer mode for your Devo7e and also set the gyro to 75%. This way you have a second model to try and this model is using max settings which are what the 3D guys are using for the T-Rex 150. If the model works great then there is an unknown issue with the current model we are working with. If the model works the same as the other model then there is an issue on the helicopter.

A pitch gauge will be helpful, that is good you ordered one.

We have been working hard on getting your helicopter to fly with the power it should have so lets keep trying...
Last edit: 23 Feb 2014 06:47 by Tom Z.

More
23 Feb 2014 07:17 - 23 Feb 2014 07:20 #20782 by Tom Z
See my post above this first.

Update:

I just caught something you said in your video about too much pitch.
I didn't set the Pitch Travel Adjustment to 70%. With 100% your going to have too much pitch for the motor which will slow and bog the motor down.

Set your Pitch Travel Adjustment to -70% +70% and let me know how it works.
In the advanced mixer I just adjust the Scale to limit the Pitch Travel on the Pitch page and the standard mixer doesn't have this.

Devo 7e Travel Adjustment - Align T-Rex 150 DFC Standard Settings

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Feb 2014 07:20 by Tom Z.

More
23 Feb 2014 17:59 #20795 by micro
Hey Tom,

I went through the heli setup and esc caibrtiona few times to be sure of everything and seem to be getting a more respectable headpseed and less bog in pitch pumps inside but still less than stellar.

Lowering the pitch like you suggest is exactly what I have been playing with on my supers to get the right balance so will know more after another outing. Not sure about your funky scaling stuff but i'm talking about simple travel adjust reducing.

Gear can not come off, no slop vertically. Will keep you posted, thanks again for your input, still need to dedicate that flight to you. :)

More
23 Feb 2014 23:43 #20820 by Tom Z
Model updated (3).

I just found out the Align manual was incorrect on the gyro values.

The model first posted gyro settings were:

Gyro Gain - These are the values I used then converted them to the deviation values.

Mix Switch

Pos 0: 55%

Pos 1: 65%

Pos 2: 75%

Updated model gyro settings are now:

Gyro Gain - These are the values I used then converted them to the deviation values.

Mix Switch

Pos 0: 65%

Pos 1: 70%

Pos 2: 75%

70% to 75% is the most common values used on the internet. Fine tune the gyro gain to meet your needs.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds